1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invincible alternate colour schemes

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Omen, May 28, 2019.

1. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

That's a really cool army tray!

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

That's Dovige Scenery, one of the pre-painted schemes. I have one at home that I intend to use for either Dahshat or JSA once I've figured out how to fix the magnet problem.

@harl3quin they look a tiny bit uneven, have you added stuff under it to balance up the small metal dudes-men who art sometimes in awkward poses?

Section9 likes this.
  3. Section9

4. rhelyk

rhelyk Active Member

Most of my armies are official scheme or only slightly modified official scheme. For Yu Jing I went with a 40K Tau scheme: Ochre w/ black and light grey. Much easier to paint than orange, but still looks very much like a Yu-Jing scheme.

Attached Files:

Golem2God, Paegis, harl3quin and 4 others like this.
  5. Section9

Very true!

I didn't paint my Tau in ochre (some were German Dark Yellow armor, some had camo, largest batch is actually ESWAT blue), but I did start painting my YJ in Orange Ochre rather than the bright orange of the Official scheme.

Edit: and very nice YJ, @rhelyk !

6. harl3quin

harl3quin Well-Known Member

no, just didnt push them all down :) moment of the picture, they were just glued / pinnend to the bases. was afraid for pulling them out etc.

Mahtamori likes this.
  7. Mahtamori

Hah! Fair enough. :)
    Have you magnetised the bases or do you use them natural so to speak? I'm trying to figure out how to best magnetise mine since 3mm MDF isn't a lot to drill in when the drill bit has a "point" before the useable radius kicks in. Could buy 25x2mm self-adhesive magnets but... €1.30 is a bit much and 2.95KG magnetic strength is just crazy brutal.

8. Section9

You can get thinner and cheaper 'flexible magnet sheet' to cut into 1" circles with a hole punch for about $6 here in the US, it's found in the handicrafts stores with the 'make a refrigerator magnet' supplies.

9. Mahtamori

I have three problems with that, the first being that the magnetic strength of those sheets barely hold up paper, the second that the 1" punches are too large for a 25mm base and too small for 40mm and 55mm bases (got one of them, it's annoying me to hell and back that they're sold as "25mm" when they're closer to 26.5mm) and the third being that those flexible sheets are made from ferrite shavings and reading the safety manual for neodymium tells me not to mix those two materials*.

* And considering how easy it is to demagnetise a neodymium... I'm inclined to follow the manual

10. Section9

Hrm. Was not aware of the 'do not mix' rule. Sorry about that!

11. darthchapswag

darthchapswag Shandian Strike Team

Some of these colour schemes are incredible!

I spent forever figuring out how to keep the Yu Jing sectorials linked but distinct and settled on something similar to Usashi.

Here's mine (apologies for poor camera work and lighting).

Jade and white for vanilla: Screenshot_20190605-100220_WhatsApp.jpg

Same but with some gold trim for IA:
    Screenshot_20190605-100037_WhatsApp.jpg

ISS get jade and royal purple with white helmets:
    Screenshot_20190605-100943_Gallery.jpg

And white banner are jade wither white with a winter forest camo:
    IMG-20190103-WA0001.jpeg

Deltervees, Azuset, Thandar and 11 others like this.
  12. Stuffist

Stuffist Well-Known Member

Which secto does your thumb belong to? :D

Deltervees and Mahtamori like this.
  13. darthchapswag

darthchapswag Shandian Strike Team

Haha :joy: Amazed you spotted it at all with that camo pattern over it

Deltervees, Mahtamori and Stuffist like this.
  14. holycannoli

holycannoli Dancing to Kazak Kalinka

Is that an April O Neil hvt I spy?

rhelyk likes this.
  15. rhelyk

rhelyk Active Member

That is indeed, repainted and rebased Heroclix model. She does double-duty as an HVT or a WarCor depending on mission, started as a joke because I was using the Ninja Turtles as my Morlocks for Nomads but it fit so well that I never actually finished painting my actual WarCor model

16. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

An idea for the Black Tortoise pattern

[​IMG]

#56 Keyrott, Jun 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  17. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

Nm

#57 Keyrott, Jun 9, 2019
  18. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

Under the command of the Yu Jing State Empire are five elite subsections of the Invincible Army, so seasoned and effective they have become as legendary as the names they serve under.

The Black Tortoise of the North

The stalwart bastion of the people, an impassible wall of metal and munitions, the Black Tortoise subsection are masters of defensive warfare. Siege against a Black Tortoise controlled region is ill-advised at best, and suicidal at worst. The Black Tortoise are usually found in areas of high strategic importance such as Capital cities and resource centers where their heavy armor and devastating firepower can be used to full effect.

[​IMG]

The Vermilion Bird of the South

Fury incarnate, nothing but ash and rubble lie in the wake of the Vermilion Bird. Incendiary weapons and explosives are common among their ranks to crack open tough enemy emplacements and fortifications. As an asset of the Empire, the Vermilion Bird is unleashed on any target who proves too resilient or too stubborn for the rank-and-file. Word of their deployment is effectively a psychological weapon to demoralize the enemy into a possible surrender before they're swallowed in the oncoming hellfire.

[​IMG]

The White Tiger of the West

The White Tiger Division of the Invincible Army are an elite sect of combat veterans with an emphasis on hit-and-run style tactics and guerrilla warfare. They favor speed and maneuverability over their sibling subsections, though still retaining the steadfast armor and equipment of the Invincibles. Raids on supply lines and sabotage of infrastructure are a specialty, though anywhere that needs a hammer swung hard and fast can call on the White Tiger.

[​IMG]

The Azure Dragon of the East

A mixture of advanced intel and command specialization, the Azure Dragon provide a tactical edge that very few in the Human Sphere can match. High ranking officials in the Azure Dragon subsection are said to be students of Sun Tze himself, showing a cunning and creativity akin to an avant-garde painter with the battlefield as his canvas. A large percentage of their missions involve a failing war front or a target labelled too dangerous to acquire. In the words of their forebear, "In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity."

[​IMG]

The Yellow Emperor of the Center

In a humane world, the arrival of the Yellow Emperor subsection would be met with alarms and sirens like those to warn of an oncoming natural disaster; anything less should be considered inhumane and a violation the Concilium Convention. The Yellow Emperor operates carte-blanche, mention of their operating budget usually being the punchline of a joke about opulence. And while their name is known widely, any operating logistics such as location, their approximate numbers or their next moves are known only to Empire military brass and the Yu Jing Emperors. The elite of the elite, only the most dire of circumstances or the most critical of objectives would satiate the overwhelming force brought by this nest of deadly Chinese hornets.

[​IMG]

#58 Keyrott, Jun 9, 2019
  19. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

I specially like Black Tortoise regiment and Yellow Emperor Dragon. Good work out there!

Awash in Blood and Keyrott like this.
  20. Section9

Quoted because I have but one Like to give...

Awash in Blood and Keyrott like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation