1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weapons you want in game

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Mahtamori, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

My point was that the speakers have to be in front of the noise source to perform any canceling at the destination. I mean, I guess there could be a good enough AI that will be able to anticipate when you are going to fire and supply the counter-noise right before the actual one depending on the direction of the individual speaker, but that requires the system to also know the orientation of the weapon to your body with incredible precision.

2. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

As long as all CCWs (except Knives) lack the silent property, talking about silent BS weapons (except bows/crossbows) seems void to me.
    Maybe Exp CCWs are loud, I think because it is a massive blunt impact, but a Monofilament CCW should be at least as silent as a knife!

But 'silence' is relative - why not approach this the other way round?

Well, just add 'Ghettoblaster' as deployable equipment (Comms Equipment? :grimacing:) - everything in it's ZoC is considered silent (because the music is just too loud...)

Barrogh, Berjiz, Hecaton and 2 others like this.
  3. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Haqq Rifles are caseless they just don't have the recoil targeting assist that would make them specifically Combi-Rifles, probably because they're not as reliable in the extremely tough conditions of the non-terraformed regions of Bourak.

4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yes, "shooting range" is the correct word in English. Or at least the commonly used word, sometimes shortened to just 'range'.

The closest you can get to a combat-situations test without someone shooting back at you is in the various IPSC (International Practical Shooting Competition) or similar matches, where you are competing against the clock (scoring is often just 'how long it took you, in seconds, to shoot the course of fire', with misses adding time). It's amazing how often 'utterly reliable' weapons break when they're on the clock.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It's also amazing how much slower police and combat veterans are than the serious competitors at those events, since the police and combat veterans are all looking for cover!

5. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Wish I saw this thread earlier.

For me, I'd like a Adhesive Mines and Grenades! Works just like a regular mine or grenade but with Adhesive ammo.

Pen-dragon, Tourniquet and Mahtamori like this.
  6. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

Yes in the shooting range i used to go, they would organise various events. Standard ones, and ... less usual ones. For example, they organised a "western shooting" competition. There were things like "quick shooting" on a small target (about the size of an egg) 3 meters away (yes, only 3 meters, but believe me, when you have 3 seconds to try to shoot all 6 bullets, you WILL miss some of them unless you are some kind of superhuman shooter). Or shooting a moving target on a pendulum. Or metal targets that would be visible only from times to times ... It was fun, but nowhere as easy as one would think.

Barrogh likes this.
  7. Section9

The weird targets are probably the most fun, though some are considered outright evil due to how hard it is to make them work. The perfect example is probably the spinner, you need to shoot it enough to have it make one full revolution. It can take 10 hits from a 9mm to spin the target once, 4 or 5 hits from a .45. If you get something absurd like .50GI or one of the big magnums, you're looking at 3 hits, almost 2.

When I was in the Navy, our watchstander qualifications maxed out at 7 yards for the pistol. Shooting for the expert marksman badge would get you shooting at a 25y target, but actually using the pistol for duty was always assumed to be much closer range.

I'm really waiting for the weather to dry out here, then I can shoot up all the empty 2L soda bottles the roommates have been making. The back of my car is half-full of them already, it will be a great day at the range.

8. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

I know the feeling, except since it's France, it's not 2L soda bottle but (various beer or soda) cans filled with stones :)

I was using a .357 colt python, but usually loaded with .38 special (less recoil and noise, and most of all, less expensive, through .357 is more fun to use). Most calibers i saw here where .45 or .38. I've seen only few .44 mag, and i don't remember anything heavier. We also had a fair number of black powder users. Some black powder rifles where surprisingly accurate, through the main problem was the loading time.

9. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

My only weapons are decorative swords....

And my fists.

Abrilete likes this.
  10. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Barbarians! Both of you! Cans are worth 10 cents and 2L soda bottles 20 cents while undamaged around here. At least have the decency to burn them in an electricity producing efficient incinerator!

And harsh language, don't forget harsh language!

Hmm... wonder how weird a CA weapon that forces a unit to make an Assault declaration against it would be... you know... like a taunt ...

11. Section9

There's no $$ in returning 2L bottles here, and I clean up after I'm done shooting. The ventilated bottles go into the recycle bin.

12. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Any Ariadna model with kilt gets it for free. The special pulse flash, as user of previous version of forum called it.

cazboab and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  13. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

How about deployable weapon emplacements for major firepower, or automated turrets?

14. Mob of Blondes

Total reaction remote... just don't move it. *wink*

Barrogh and Abrilete like this.
  15. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

You have to pay to field a remote though. I'm talking about a weapon deployable by a unit.

16. Mob of Blondes

And the weapon cost is in the unit cost. Paying one way or the other.

Barrogh and Abrilete like this.
  17. Tony2805

Tony2805 Well-Known Member

Laser Weapon, impossible to dodge (nothing is faster than light) and AP. Would be interesting on larger weapon platforms like Tags and bigger Remotes cause of the bigger power supply.
    High Power Mode: Sniper range with AP+DA
    Pulse Mode: AP Rifle

#297 Tony2805, Jul 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  18. Section9

Your cat would disagree that you cannot dodge a Laser.

Abrilete and Tony2805 like this.
  19. Tony2805

Tony2805 Well-Known Member

Our big fat cat could not dodge a tennis ball thrown in slow motion at her....

Abrilete likes this.
  20. Section9

But can you move the laser-spot before she can 'catch' it?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation