1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shona Carano's pasive

Discussion in 'Legendary Bahadurs' started by Kaloupilé, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Kaloupilé

Kaloupilé Member

I don't understand her pasive.

When i read the english version, and especially the spanish version, what I understand is :
    at the begenning of the actions step of your activation, you can displace yourself but only if you are adjacent to an ennemy, and if you WILL declare and perform broadsword against them as your first action.

But when i read the french version I understand this:
    at the begenning of the actions step of your activation, you can displace yourself but only if you are adjacent to an ennemy, and if you HAVE used broadsword against them as your first action.

In one case, you can displace yourself, and then just after you have to perform broadsword
    in the other case, you can displace only if you already have performed broadsword

Someone can clarify please ?

2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

It's the English/Spanish version - at the beginning of the actions step you haven't performed any Actions yet, so it has to refer to the future.

3. Kaloupilé

Kaloupilé Member

ty ! so the french translation is wrong...

4. konuhageruke

konuhageruke Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Yesterday I had a game where Shona was coming back from the bench.
    I was able to hit Hemmerhead as he was not in smoke with use of displacement and Broadsword, but then I would loose chance of hitting Cosmo who was in smoke. Or I could use Amputate on Kosmo, but not hit Hammerhead .
    There was a third option: I could displace to a place with second smoke that was next to Kosmo and attack Hammerhead, but then I found myself in paradox. If I move to smoke position then I cannot gain LoS to Hammerhead and cannot perform Broadsword. Or can I?
    This may also be in situation, when Shona starts adjecent to a hidden character.

There is obligatory Atack after displacement, but there is no clear information that you have to displace to a space from where Broadsword is legal atack, only that the atack itself is required.

Can I use Defence at distacne to displace from a hidden/in smoke character and then Broadsword it?

5. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Doesn't that answer the question? You must declare and make the attack. Displacing to a Free Space where you can't declare the attack doesn't fulfil that.

6. konuhageruke

konuhageruke Well-Known Member
    Warcor

pitty, but fair.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation