1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is up with the MSV2 Taagma sculpt?

Discussion in 'Spiral Corps' started by meikyoushisui, May 29, 2019.

1. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

https://imgur.com/a/Hk8pNE1

I literally do not understand how this is supposed to fit. There is no amount of bending on the front leg or rear leg I can do to increase the length of the front leg by half a centimeter so it can touch the ground. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

iconoclast674 likes this.
  2. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

I think you have to bend the rear leg at its ankle.
    If you take a look at this picture the boot and lower leg form like a straight line:
    [​IMG]

Golem2God likes this.
  3. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Even taking that so the foot is basically flat doesn't make it. The rear leg connects to the cape at the thigh and the ankle, so it won't bend vertically down.

4. iconoclast674

iconoclast674 Member

I had the same problem. I cut off the sprue underneath his foot to use as additional tactical debris to get it to work. It doesnt look half bad, a bit more in-stride...

but it is kind of annoying to have to do that.

5. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

I had the same problem, to be honest all the spiral box as been a nightmare to assemble: reex took me hours
    kiel saan had huge gap to fill etc ..

Metal730 likes this.
  6. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

@Sangarn , I agree with you, I bought 2 boxes of Spiral Corps, I have seen that the Reex have difficult holes in the torso, and one of them in the neck, as well as the Kiel Saan has a good hole in the back, between the torso and the skirt, at first I thought it was my thing, but seeing it in both boxes ...

Today the Taagma will arrive, it will be necessary to pull putty, I suppose ...

At least the miniatures are very cool, especially the Draal SMG, spectacular

Golem2God, Metal730 and Sangarn like this.
  7. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

the worst part is seeing carlos in presentation videos showing us: "look they are so easy to assemble only 3 parts !" -_-
    on topic I've used an elevated base from MAS to fix the problem:
    [​IMG]

8. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

This was the worst post-aristella model that I have had to assemble. I had a hell of a time aligning the top and the bottom halves and getting both feet flat on the ground at the same time. I assumed the parts got bent in transit, but after reading this thread, I wonder if it was just poorly made. I ended up with gaps in all connection points that I filled with green stuff and copious amounts of superglue, which seemed highly abnormal for a 2019 model. I wonder if I could have bent the pieces into compliance rather than fill the gaps. What happened with this sculpt?!

ChoTimberwolf and meikyoushisui like this.
  9. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Yeah, occasionally there's a fuck up, the Tuareg sniper was a nightmare too

LaughinGod likes this.
  10. Ghost_X

Ghost_X Well-Known Member

I also was disappointed in the pose issue. I found a simple solution. Cut off foot sprue and then cutoff the bottom corners that protrude from the box and sand the small imperfections left so the bottom of the box is flat. Assemble model normally. Glue direct to base. Looks as it should and took almost no extra time.

11. 8vius

8vius Member

I got freaked by it when I opened it, but I just bent the leg on the box at the ankle and it lined up fine, seems just a little bit off.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation