1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Must haves of Corregidor

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Fabbo, May 27, 2019.

1. Fabbo

Fabbo Questionator

Hi there. The faction update brought me into some trouble in case of units that I want to take everywhere.

I always have my HMG Intruder and my Mc Murrough. With the new fireteams I also use a Tsyklon, Daktari, 3 Alguacil link. With the new fireteam options I also want to bring a hacker to buff a remote.

I tend to bring Crazy Koalas in nearly every game, too.

That way my list gets somehow one dimensional in terms of variety. I usually don't bring a Bandit because I want to use McMurrough in the second Group.

So I want to gather ideas here. Do you have units that you always bring with you? Or which concept do you follow?

An example list of would be:
    Allround List
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    INTRUDER HMG, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 42)
    REAKTION ZOND HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
    TSYKLON Feuerbach, Pitcher / Electric Pulse. (1 | 34)
    DAKTARI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    ALGUACIL Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 15)
    ALGUACIL (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    WILDCAT Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    CLOCKMAKER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
    ALGUACIL Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
    JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)
    McMURROUGH 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Templar CCW (AP + DA). (0 | 32)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

2. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

One or two Morans and one or two Bandits is my usual thing.
    Usually at least one Tomcat, either Doc or Engi.
    Other than that it depends if I want to go with a Wildcat Core or Gecko Duo. I have not played with the new mixed links though.

3. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Intruder
    Bandit
    Moran

4. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Filthy jumpsuit and magnetic boots that really hurt to get kicked by
    Blowtorch/flamethrower depending on setting
    Hardcore stimulants
    Swahili/Spanish dictionary

Being serious though, Morans, Intruders, Jaguars. Jaguars in particular are just so very, very good for 10 points that I always have at least 2.

SmaggTheSmug likes this.
  5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Intruder + Jaguar is a must. With the new lists, if you can manage a fragile team, Spitfire Tsyklon + Feuerbach Tsyklon with 2 Alguaciles + Daktari, then a Tomcat Engineer.

If no STR/HI to repair, Tomcat doctor.

Bandit OR Mr Massacre. Specially interesting, for the Bandit, is the glue ammo, since a "soft kill" against a pair of enemy HI makes the enemy unable to Retreat.

Moran FO if no hackers on my list. Else... nope.

daszul likes this.
  6. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

For me as Bakunin, I basically have two and a half lists - one with a Riot Grrl link, one without, and (the half) one with a Lizard for Deadly Dance & Show of Force. The full Riot link is really strong, but it's just not for everything. So, I was led to write a second all-comers list.

I don't think, especially after the changes, that you can write one Corregidor list that satisfies. The conflicts in your example make that clear:
    • Only five orders for McMurrough
    • No Tomcat doc for McMurrough
    • HD but no [paramedic] Hellcat
    • Obvious Lieutenant
    McMurrough in particular makes demands of listbuilding that just don't jive with a normal roster. He needs to star in his own list.

#6 helsbecter, May 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 27, 2019
    Maksimas likes this.
  7. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

:+1:

SmaggTheSmug likes this.
  8. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Intruders are very expensive for a long range troop that has one wound, no shock immunity, and that is totally countered by fireteam bonuses. I still take them but I certainly don't see them as auto include and the game meta is shifting further away from them (althou it depends on location).

My only must haves is a drop troop and 2 Jaguars.

9. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

If the model's name ends with "cat" it's worth taking to some degree.

Solar, Section9 and loricus like this.
  10. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

This is increasingly true.

11. Vakarian

Vakarian Bad Nomad

Sadly true about Intruders. I find myself leaving them at home more often than not. Instead, Bandits and Hellcats are taking the striker roles in my lists, backed up by a mixed Alguacil core and a Massacre Haris, usually with 6-9 orders in each group for a total of 16 or 17 orders.

Of course, I’m also a madman, so two Brigada have been filing the Alguacil core instead of Tsyklons because they’re just so damn sexy.

12. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

To me Alguacile core, Massacre + Jaguar Haris, McMurder, Daktari are must haves. Lots of other things are nice to haves or mission dependant.

chromedog likes this.
  13. Death By Monkeys

Death By Monkeys Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Do you use a mixed Alguacile core or just a straight, 5-man Alguacile core?

14. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

Either or both. I feel like 5 member fireteam bonus on the 1-2 FO's, HMG and a Sniper or ML is very good value for pts spent. So add either 2x basic combi (Lt and dummy Lt) or Tsyklon and Brigada Lt. Daktari, Valeria, or Alguacile Hacker all work well for a spare member to join when the long range ARO piece goes down.

15. Click2kill

Click2kill Well-Known Member

I think the Intruder is pretty good in ITS X. The Bravery rule helps it get into position faster and it still does devastating work when it gets there.

I can see the lack of taking an Intruder in Vanilla, as for 10 more points the Kriza is the anti-Fireteam unit, but when running Corregidor, Intruders always do work for me.

As for must haves Corregidor, I like to take a Hellcat in most lists. In fact, all of the AD troops are strong, and you can get a lot of map control out of them.

16. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Well, my Nomads lists are a little odd. My collection of models is everything that has Zero-Gee (or Multiterrain). This tends to be a Wildcat Core with a couple Hellcats and Tomcats (none of them ADing in!), an Intruder or two, and very often a pair of Geckos. Other models to fill points.

If I'm not running it as pure Corregidor, I will also take Prowlers and a Kriza Boracs for entertainment.

SmaggTheSmug likes this.
  17. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I also totally agree. It's not that they're bad at all but they aren't as dominant as they used to be.

18. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Always at least one Bandit FO or KHD. You will always use his irregular order for button pushing.

19. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Any time I open up Army and take a look inside Corregidor, there's always one unit ( Barring Stemplers, but FO REMs are IMO hands down the most easily include-able unit in any list whatsoever to everyone who can access them. ) that gets picked before anything else just to make sure it fits... which is a Bandit. Not even nescesarily the FO or KHD Bandits, can also be the BSG Bandit too. Usually two, even.

They just seem really usable to me.

20. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Remember the Intruder is not only a striking unit... but the only MSV2 the Nomad Nation has. I would bring at least one, regardless of weapons (ok, glue or HMG, since as sniper is kinda suicidal nowadays for ARO, and for active hunting you depend a lot on the table).

Section9 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation