1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Joys and Griefs of Mixed CJC links

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by HotFreshTofu, Apr 9, 2019.

1. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

It deliberately nerfed the Zondbot deployed at Deployment + Tomcat ADing on interaction.

2. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

No that was already illegal I'm pretty sure. You couldn't connect regularly deployed servants to someone off map. But it doesn't matter how it was.

3. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

In either case, edge cases like that is why they cleaned it up I think.

4. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Really want to try out REM heavy in Corregidor now

With Tsyklons in the Alguaciles, an EVO with Overclock and Transducers you could set up a pretty strong defensive network.

5. inane.imp

Transductors are far less useful as AROs now that TI completely ignore Flash Pulses.

loricus likes this.
  6. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Eh they are less useful sure, but not far less useful. There's not a lot of TI in the game and the only one I expect to see regularly as an issue is McMurrough and potentially Chimaeras, Namurrs are awesome but less of a alpha strike rush concern, Karakuri are awesome but same. Sun Tzu I've almost never seen and even if I did, again eh.

If I'm playing against a faction that can take McMurrough then Flashbots would not be a way to slow him down obviously, but there are other AROs which would be more effective like the linked Tsyklons, Intruders etc. The nice thing about flashpulse bots is that 1) they're really cheap, 2) they're force multipliers for Sensors and Hackers, which is awesome, and 3) with Overclock they're a pretty strong ARO piece against a loooot of stuff. And if you lose them, eh, that's not a big deal. I've been using them more and more recently and I think they're pretty awesome (admittedly, in RTF)

barakiel and Hachiman Taro like this.
  7. Click2kill

Click2kill Well-Known Member

Let's not forget you can take McMurrough in CJC and just tie up your opponent's McMurrough. Even with the Flash Pulse against TI nerf, Transductors are still an 8 point Regular Order.

barakiel likes this.
  8. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

Yeah there's a counter to flashpulse spam now (which is good), but it's not exactly common. So they're still good I think. And maybe even more likely to get used for their other equipment (repeaters / sniffers).

9. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

Alright guys, just took first in a tourney with Corregidor this Saturday

First game was safe area vs USAr, ran:
    A link with a spitfire Tsyklon, BSG Brigada (lt), Lupe, a hacker Alguacil, and an LGL alguacil
    A haris with Massacre, chain Jaguar and Daktari
    McMurrough
    HMG Intruder
    And a second group with a KHD Bandit and an HMG Hellcat

The core link did not do excellently just because I got unlucky with my first order and the Tsyklon went down to a crit from Rosie the Riveter, but later on the BSG Brigada ate an entire haris of Marauders with a single order so that was nice.
    McMurder got punked by a devil dog team (burst 2 is killer) but he did manage to provide smoke cover for the Intruder, who did work removing Blackjacks and whoever was carrying the enemy xenotech
    The real MVP though was the HMG Hellcat. He took down a good chunk of units from the back arc, which was immensely satisfying.
    I ended up controlling 2 sections and 2 consoles to my opponent's 1 section and no consoles, netting me a major

Second game was supplies against Onyx, ran:
    A link with 2 Feuerbach Tsyklons, 2 hacker Alguaciles and a plain Alguacil (lt)
    2 KHD bandits
    An EVO
    McMurrough
    HMG Intruder
    And a second group with a clockmaker, a zondbot and 2 transductors

This time the core was nasty in the reactive. Even though they did not kill much, just the fact that they hit on 18s ignoring cover up to 32" with B2 shock EXP had my opponent scrambling. They practically shut down an HRMC Overdron and forced it to waste orders for positioning. On the active they provided orders so that the more mobile elements (McMurder and the Bandits) could accomplish the objectives.
    The bandits were the MVPs this time, taking down a Malignos hacker and Bit with those amazing KHDs and then dodging like maniacs while carrying the objectives, even if they did fail the pickup a bunch of times.
    Game ended with me controlling 2 boxes to my opponent's none, netting me another major.

There was no third game due to time constraints, but nobody else had any majors so that was about it.

All in all, I feel the small changes to Corregidor made a major difference

10. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Wait I thought they had to turn them to normal ARM rolls? They just aren't affected?

I'm currently using an Alguacil mix Core with Tsyklon Feuerbach and a Gecko Duo with Lupe as a durable center and the advantages of using just a Clockmaker for revival is nice (althou I have a Dak to complete the Core)..

11. inane.imp

If they’re “Non-Lethal” they’re just ignored.

loricus likes this.
  12. Click2kill

Click2kill Well-Known Member

Its not totally worthless. You can use it as a F2F roll to stop a TI unit from doing an action.

Myomer likes this.
  13. Civilized Barbarian

Civilized Barbarian Praxis' Lead R&D Janitor

The TI unit could choose to ignore the Flash pulse and do the action anyway.

Still absolutely not useless since TI is rare, and to me Transductors are more about having a cheap order and speedy repeater/sniffer than having a flashpulse ARO.

Galdera, jimbo slice and inane.imp like this.
  14. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

yeah they still affect the other 899 profiles in the game perfectly well lol

Galdera likes this.
  15. Pander22

Pander22 Well-Known Member

So I have been running CJC in an escalation league (250 point bracket now) and the links are just sooooo good

With the below I can make a 5 man team or 4 man and a haris and finally a double haris (one core of three troops) option depending on what problem I'm going to be facing and losing models means I can move stuff into a big link team for redundancy

The two games i had the other day vs JSA and IA Each had a core team with a MSV2 trooper of some kind
    Both times i went first and just went with the double Haris team and Massacre runs up the field and just gets into the enemies face and into their bad range bands I clear some easy orders and main attack pieces and leave them there to fight as an ARO option with the brigada team behind providing stacked aros or angles to make attacking them difficult

1st game vs IA I scored 290 points full 250 of the list plus two buttons booped (custom thing we are trying that both are worth 20 points)
    I lost Lupe and massacre after they tie up atleast a turns worth of orders

Turn 1 Massacre haris races up the board and I put him in LOL I just pick stuff off from there

MVP spec ops with glue gun sticking the landing literally of that heavy infantry exploding jump troop

2nd game vs JSA I scored 290 Points again and lost only Lupe this time

MVP intruder MSR I move to try and proc a discover from the the S5 heavy which he does and i shoot with a crit and a hit resulting in 3 wounds in total

Massacre kills the scary biker cat and a 9point infantry in CC after about 4 or 5 orders from the cat ( ileft him close enough that he would either have to engage me or move and I would double smoke

LVP Spec ops spends 6 orders trying to boop the button on a 14 because I have nothing else to do on the table at that point

On our tables cover can get a bit low or not enough so I felt the 5 man link might get clumsy and grouped easy killed by templates

Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    MOBILE BRIGADA HMG / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 42)
    MOBILE BRIGADA Lieutenant Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 33)
    ALGUACIL (Infinity Spec-Ops) (12 XP) (WIP:14, Doctor, Minelayer, Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Akrylat-Kanone / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    SEÑOR MASSACRE (Fireteam: Haris) Breaker Combi Rifle, E/M Grenades, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, E/M CCW. (0.5 | 30)
    LUPE BALBOA Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Panzerfaust, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 23)
    DAKTARI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
    MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
    ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    INTRUDER (X-Visor) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 43)

5 SWC | 250 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Smiler and loricus like this.
  16. Fabbo

Fabbo Questionator

I tend to run my links defensively. Then I pack an HMG Intruder and a backup damage dealer into the first combat group. Second group usually has a hacker, some Jaguars and McMurder. My only struggle is to somehow include a useful bandit.
    My link usually looks like this:

Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]5
    TSYKLON Feuerbach, Pitcher / Electric Pulse. (1 | 34)
    DAKTARI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    ALGUACIL Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 15)

2.5 SWC | 83 Points

Open in Infinity Army

#76 Fabbo, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
  17. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

What are everyones' experiences with hackers in mixed links so far?

I am deeply tempted to put 2x Alguacile hackers in there.

1 Hacker seems vulnerable to KHDs (which has happened to me already) and the Tinbot Bridgada seems like a points sink unless you really really want to close with the link or are facing other Nomads.

Any reports on hackers in these mixed links so far?

18. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

What's the big deal about someone coming for your Alguacile hacker? It takes several orders and doesn't always work. Plus, you can doctor him back no-risk in a single order.

If it was me I'd take the hit then bandit his dumb ass next turn and loot that KHD. There, now you have two hackers!

19. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

An Alguacil hacker in a fireteam is the easiest way to break up the link. He doesn't stand a chance against an even halfway decent KHD, and lots of factions have infiltrating KHDs that can park in one of your Moran's ZoC and blow his brains out on the first order of the game. Without a decent KHD of their own to defend him (what, you're going to reveal your Bandit on the opponent's turn for a single WIP12 ARO?), your 5-man fireteam is now down to four and is that much easier to remove.

I consider them a liability, which is a real shame as the Alguacil hacker model is one of my favorite Infinity models of all time.

20. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

I guess I didn't get into it, but yeah, a Moran makes him a liability that's pretty much impossible to address. If you have a hacker with a Moran it's gotta be someone like the Hellcat who isn't around to get cold-cocked.

Vakarian likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation