1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Master of puppets

Discussion in 'News' started by Plebian, May 2, 2019.

1. Dayman

Dayman Member

I'm liking both, and think they bring a lot of new gameplay to the table!
    Fiddler looks very nasty from an area denial perspective (suffering damage from the jack bots, and using them to block space) and looks like she will do tremendously with teams that can enhance damage, or manipulate burning/states.

Gaia... She's a real game changer.
    Looks pretty nasty. Incredible at both support (jumping your allies around the arena) and ruining your opponents day. The gorgonians look like effective counters for some arisos, blocking Los etc.

Golem2God likes this.
  2. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

So, Fiddler!

Gosh, darn, but this whole minion thing is interesting. Those turrets are going to get themselves blown up while doing their own shooting A LOT, so it's probably good that Fiddler can drop more reliably and for cheap. The dynamic of move-deploy-shoot for 5 Energy is going to be solid, but so is deploy-shoot-shoot.

The individual shots aren't so strong, but the repeatability is solid, external sources of buffing are going to be amazing here (Hannibal, Fiddler, you just became BEST FRIENDS FOREVER!).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

And Gaya, gosh, what an interesting character she is.

Inspiring a conversation in a couple of FB groups about what the maximum number of NO! cards you can possibly play with is (thanks to @Bostria for the final key in figuring that Taowu, Wild Bill, Hannibal and Oberon combine [using 5 of their card selections] to give a maximum of 8 NO! in one game) just with one of her Tactics "Tectonic Shake", I think we can all agree she's going to be a meta shifter.

Opening up whole new possibilities in terms of team dynamics and options for mobility, Gaya is going to make for one heck of a control character.

Replace Hexxer?

Imagine them together on a team!

Dayman, Numazokola and Golem2God like this.
  3. Spellbreaker90

Spellbreaker90 Well-Known Member

I like Fiddler, but the Vulkan minion damage is really low, they really need serious buff if you want to use them to hurt something and not playing them just for area denial.

Hannibal is the guy to play with Fiddler, extra orange on attacks (if minion can benefit from it) and an extra Remote activation can means more than one extra Action thanks to Fiddler switch.

I don't understand the passive of the Gorgeion. It say ally may add a black dice on their brawl roll, but this die is in addition to the black Dice the gorgeion would give them for b2b during Disengage roll or minion doesn't normaly provides an extra dice during disengage ?

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  4. Click2kill

Click2kill Well-Known Member

Vulkan minion damage at 2 orange dice is pretty decent, especially when you can fire it multiple times in an activation.

As for the Gorgeion passive, it basically means Gorgeions count as characters when using Brawn to stop evade checks.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  5. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

So... Fiddler + 2 turrets give Hannibal max orange Dice? That will be much easier to achieve than 3 aristos.

AdmiralJCJF and Dayman like this.
  6. zephen1802

zephen1802 Active Member

I would agree about the Gorgoneion. We haven't seen the full minion rules, but since it is not a character, it wouldn't normally contribute to an ally's roll to block a disengage. Net of Tentacles allows for it.

7. Chikahiro

Chikahiro Well-Known Member

Which is what I'm finding most interesting. Its a nice point of differentiation between them and the Jackbots.

Just a few thoughts:
    • Will Minions benefit from things like Hannibal's Pointman or Coordinated Assault bonus? Or Laxmee's buff? Can they get states? Could you Dazzle or Stun jackbots? Taunt them? If they become Taunted is it just the individual minion or is the controller somehow affected (which would be VERY interesting).
    • Displacement will be quite beneficial against the Gorgeions.
    • Anything that can buff Disengage rolls will be quite useful.
    • Anyone who can damage enemies in multiple hexes (AOEs and such) will be quite helpful to clear them out.
    • The defense rolls on the Minions aren't bad, but they are (as a default) safe to attack since there's no innate success possibility.
    • Will Kozmo and Asteroid Belt be able to interact with Minions being attacked? While it might be generally wasteful, situations might come up with it useful.
    Unrelated note: Gaia's concept art is too "cute" to be well done on such a small mini IMO. If they made one of those big (several inches to a foot) vinyl figures that could work.

treiral likes this.
  8. AdmiralJCJF

We already know that Pointman and Coordinated Assault work with Minions and they can get states. They are Obstacles, but not all Obstacles are Barriers.

Yes, 'though to be fair it was already pretty important for characters who don't have decent Brawn.

Sure, but with a decent "sticky" defender plus a couple of these guys?

Getting away will get VERY tough, even for characters who are good at it.

True, there are a lot of low damage multi-target Tactics which haven't seen a lot of use before now. Minions make them MUCH more attractive.

Not necessarily, it's possible they will be able to deal defensive damage just like an Aristo.

Don't see why it wouldn't, they do count as Allies.

treiral likes this.
  9. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

To be honest, CB has some really cute miniatures in their infinity line, maybe it's the plastic medium.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  10. Chikahiro

True, but with :)::): you'd have to spend Tactics cards. That said, I wasn't aware of the rulings of them being buffable, so that does improve things, but their default is no possible successes without outside enablement.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  11. Numazokola

Numazokola Well-Known Member

Fiddler's switch to :K: the jackbots will be awesome, to deal that extra :2:(and maybe some more :A:).

(with :,::,: max :2::2::2::2::3::3: right? but idk how probable is to get shields to burn with and whitout the extra :.:)

12. AdmiralJCJF

Yeah, they will actually benefit a lot from extra :-::-::-: for more :1: to throw out the :A:.

That's fair, and I understand what you were getting at now.

But it's not going to be often that you are going to bother adding extra dice to a :W: roll on them for them to be threatening much with :2: coming back at attackers.

Numazokola likes this.
  13. Numazokola

DONT BUFF THE DEFENSE haha for one energy you can bring back 2 jackbots!

14. Chikahiro

Situations matter. It could be a deciding factor in some games!

15. AdmiralJCJF

Yeah, sometimes that blocker staying in place might be well worth the Tactic.

16. Chikahiro

Yeah. Losing a Jackbot might only cost 1 energy, but you can't replace it when its not Fiddler's turn. And if she's already gone, then they can't be replaced til the next round. Sometimes your opponent only need a small window of opportunity to turn everything upside down!

17. Numazokola

obviously the situation will tell what to do. THAT'S THE BEST PART OF THE GAME!!.

but im talking about a general plan, buffing the defense will be mostly useless (with :)::)::-: and 1 :T: you will probably die anyway).

and maybe you want to save that Dodge or even a Block for Fiddler itself or somebody else. And repeat, last round or in a game breaking situation, I will do it if necessary... but is not a reliable strategy on my point of view.

Was thinking yesterday that Eclypse will love to hang around this little jackbots. And murtair will hate the gorgoneion hahaha

18. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

I agree with this. Of course, everything is situational, but personally I think most of the jackbots will die DURING the attack they make themselves, and that's a good thing. And if the opponent is wasting actions in destroying your jackbots, that's even better. Remember that Fiddler benefits from keeping 1 jackbot "undeployed" during the opponent's turn in case she's attacked, and for the extra move at the beginning of her turn.
    Gorgoneion might be more useful to keep alive, but if somebody is attacking them they are as good as dead unless you put many resources into defending them, resources you might need to keep your Characters alive.
    Oh you Monster.
    /me takes notes.
    Well, Murtair can still Superjump over them. I think it's Mushashi who will hate them the most. And 8-Ball, because some bioengineered tentacles are taking off his combat role.

Numazokola likes this.
  19. Kelthret

Kelthret Usuario

He can't, though. He can only Superjump if he's not adjacent to enemies, are enemies' minions are considered enemies.
    [​IMG]

20. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

I wonder if they are disabled when the Controller goes to the Infirmary. Doesn't seem to be the case.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation