1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yu Jing's faction concept

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by ObviousGray, May 20, 2019.

1. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Another slacking post at work.

Factions around Infinity got their main 'concept'. TBH I feel that gap is closing (I.E. Who say nomads got unreliable firepower after Tunguska :P), still a main backbone concept of factions remain.

That was CC faction for us, but after sundering of JSA I can hardly say we are teh best CC faction now.

Looking at all those new units after IA, whether liked or not, IMO Yu Jing's faction theme is sliding into more cohesive way;

That said, normal above average people gathered and interlocking their powers to achieve massive synergy (I would like to sum this long sentence into one word, but my English is not good enough for that :P).

Examples are, Hsiens tend to lack real shooting abilities than Aquila; but a smoke man can help him overcoming it.

Zuyongs become deadlier when collaborating with other folks like Haidaos.

Madtrap runners tend to lack self defence, but units like Wu Ming can help those guys vise versa.

That make me think Yu Jing's striving into flexed, cohesive cogwheel HI army. Not CC best faction now frankly.

What do you guys think about YJ?

2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yes, I've long said YJ's strength was that it's troops made a better army than PanO's individually better troops.

Shiwen and Stiopa like this.
  3. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

YJ's schtick is a combination of well-rounded profiles with a wide selection of gimmicks that trade superior individual optimization for novel and potent ability combinations.

Also, an amazing selection of Lt options.

4. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

If I had to pin three main schticks of YJ down that are probably supposed to be the basis of our factions theme, it would be...

Heavy Infantry: You are in the wrong subforum if you need this to be explained.

Toolboxes: This might be more on the IS side of current YJ than the IA side, but we do have a substantial amount of "toolbox" units ( Zhanyings, Cranes, certain Wu Ming profiles, Kanren, the Haidao maybe qualifies, Lu Duans. Maybe more? ).

Sacrificing optimisation for versatility(?): This seems to at least be the case whenever I look at PanO, even going beyond the whole idea of less individual strength VS synergy power schpiel. I'm talking how our Hsiens shoot worse than an Aquila and discover worse than an Aquila, but they get Stealth, a Nanopulser and the barest minimum in CC comptence that I do not feel a need to complain about. Our Hac Tao shoot worse than Swiss, but they get Nanopulsers and a KHD profile. Even our much maligned Shang Ji get DTWs and better BTS compared to the Orc for less BS.
    Or just looking at some individual profiles in a vacuum: Did Zuyong need Breaker pistols? No, but they are useful enough in the end, so not much to complain about. Did Kanren really need CC19 MA1 Mono for their primary role? Not exactly, but it's nice either way. Does a Guilang need MSV1 to be a good Skirmisher? Not in the slightest, but that extra expense and un-optimisation has saved at least my skin a good chunk of times. Do Su-Jian or Mowang need their Disposable weapons? No, but they are an extra expense that seems to actually see use sometimes?

Those are just my two servos though.

Section9 and LuAn like this.
  5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

This is amazing. You're noting down what I'm essentially feeling is missing in IA.

Maksimas likes this.
  6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

That's definitely my description of YJ versus PanO!

7. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Guess I had a decent enough guess then.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation