1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minotaurs Out-Of-Character Thread

Discussion in 'RPG' started by stevenart74, May 13, 2018.

1. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I only have two/three weapons on hand currently. No need to overstock on extra arms that I won't use.
    Has this been an update to the online character generator? The only thing I'm seeing is that Pano has been added to the nation list. Nevermind I see what you are getting at.

#881 Golem2God, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
  2. Golem2God

I guess this means I can make the Nomad character I've been holding back until the Nomads were released for the RPG.

3. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

PanO has: so you can stat out a Helot. Nomads has not: Nomads has A LOT more options thanks to uplifts though. Because of the abstract way the engine handles stats they're not that dissimilar to a standard humans. And depending on your body type it's plausible you have hands and stuff.

I just lol'd at the characterisations of the standard Corregidorian personality:

"Paragons of obstinacy, Corregidorans have a
    reputation for being gruff, rude, foul-mouthed, and tougher than nails. And they do their honest best to earn it. Though they work with clients acrossthe Human Sphere, one could hardly describe those relationships as warm. From the moment the first convict was thawed out of cryogenic storage, Corregidorans have been outsiders. Their treatment at the hands of the rest of the Human Sphere has done little to thaw their cold shoulders."

Seem familiar?

Golem2God likes this.
  4. Golem2God

Very. I take it that our resident T.A.G. pilot is an average Corregidorian at heart. Good to know that Tony is on par for the mindset of his mothership's populous.

inane.imp likes this.
  5. Golem2God

I'll be pouring over the details for a bit. Sounds like a good amount for some potential in character creation.

I already made a Helot from the character generator. One his quirks is that he is a Brand Loyalist or in other words, he has a thing for only wearing/using PanO tech. If he can't have access or not all of his parts are of PanO origin he frets a bit. Fearing that the "sub-par" quality of non-Hyperpower tech will fail him or ware out fast. Therefore he is a stickler for keeping exclusively PanO tech including back-ups and parts. Never daring or dreaming of using another that comes form another source.

As for his careers, he started out as a Helot Militia-man but eventually "retired" to become a Varunan Survival Guide for paid wildlife trips. He is against the Libertos movement due to members attacking his pod while his was still young. Not to mention seeing the damage and destruction the group has caused to the planet's population at large.

6. inane.imp

That seems rather cool.

I really like the character creator both the random and the directed versions.

Using the 12LP method I built a Corregidorian maras ganger who joined the Jaguars and from their became a Wildcat. Very interesting building a brutish combat orientated Nomad character rather than a more tech savvy type.

I am hanging out for the Uplifts though. There's some cool things you can do. 1m tall human/cat hybrid stealth/CC builds seem awesome for a Feline Uplift. If I can convince anyone to run a campaign on Bakunin that's what I'll try to build.

Golem2God likes this.
  7. Golem2God

I too will be looking for a Nomad campaign to join as well. I've been refining characters to use depending on the setting of an Infinity RPG. Maybe you could try to run the campaign yourself? It might be the best way of going about it.
    I'm glad to hear that. I like how he came out too. Now I need to come up with a name for him. Any ideas?

8. inane.imp

I'd give him a Human name. He seems to have integrated into PanO society.

Who is his Pod now? Perhaps the other tour guides are which would fit with him having transitioned to being more PanO than Helot.

And I really want to run one, I have the perfect concept (Vaudeville Noir) but won't have the time. The only way I'd really be able to run it would be in really short relatively intense vignettes broken up by 3-5 month breaks.

Golem2God likes this.
  9. Golem2God

I personally don't mind that at all. As long as it works out for you then give it a shot.
    I haven't thought of his pod. My original idea was that he has moved on from his pod and podmates a long time ago when he join the Militia. I'll get to picking out a name then. Perhaps focus on Maroi or other Oceanic cultures?

10. inane.imp

That's the thing about Helots: they don't really leave their pod, it seems that wherever they are that's their pod.

So even if he's left his birth pod behind, his Militia unit would have been his pod while he was there but now...

So either he's adrift looking for a pod or he's found a new pod in his new place in life. I'd choose a name that reflects that (either a very PanO name of he's made a new name for himself or something more conflicted if he hasn't).

Islander names seem ideal. Look up Pacific Islander / Maori Rugby players for a decent selection.

Edit: I think having a 'use name' and a Tessum name is important in a Helot that has integrated into PanO society. If they've fully integrated then they probably identify with the 'use name' rather than the Tessum name.

Also, Demogrant / Happy Home Helot Faces will be solid builds. If they then apprentice as an Omn Storyteller before going off to do something else they're at Pers 15. So:

Helot who was raised in a happy home. Get a utility education and apprentices as an Omn Storyteller. He's forced to flee (Homeless) because he's (erroneously, or not) associated with the Libertos and defects to Nomads where he becomes a Bartender.

Complete non-combat character, but with the right selection of perks and ancillary skills an extremely effective face.

#890 inane.imp, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
    Golem2God likes this.
  11. Golem2God

Thanks for the tip. I didn't get to read the Helot background yet so making mistakes is understandable.
    Dully noted. I'll look into what names sound right. I'll post them when I make a decision.
    Sounds interesting. Thinking of using him as an NPC in a campaign?

#891 Golem2God, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
  12. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

Sorry for not being able to contribute more in the last periods, but is STILL a very, Very, VERY shitty period for Me. . . . .!!!

Lot's workplace job-related issues, coupled with my Mother's failing health and also OTHER problems on Her side (such as Unpaid Taxes that She forgot to paid in due time !!). . .

Will try to resume everything BETTER when possible, but have NO Idea when bad things will relent and I have to ACTIVELY prevent further issues and problems. . . . .!!!

inane.imp and Golem2God like this.
  13. Golem2God

@stevenart74 I'm just glad to hear that you are alive. I'll pray for your situations on my end that they shall be accomplished for good. Focus on your family first and come back to this later when able.

14. stevenart74

Many thanks for Your considerations, boys. . . .!!!

. . . . .

As for my shitty, Shitty, SHITTY Life is going still VERY hampered by A LOT OF Problems; not only the USUAL Tax Issues of Family, but ALSO need to help relatives with a Home-Change with Furniture Transfer in these days and the NEED to go FAR AWAY from home in these upcoming Summer Months to score a juicy Work Contract (more or less Household Maintenance and Refurbishing that COULD / SHOUL net gain for Me +/- 2.000 Euros that I SORELY need !!!). . .

Problem is is that the zone has POOR Internet Bandwidth and so My posting will be sporadic and chaotic AT BEST. . . . .!!!

So VERY Sorry if I could NOT maintain steady comms, but for Me, Summer months are EXTRA Hectics. . . . . .

Golem2God likes this.
  15. stevenart74

@Golem2God ; @Beodren ; @inane.imp . . . . .

Here Work AND Family issues are STILL a plague on My ass. . .!!

Also Internet Reception is AS SHITTY AS USUAL; it was FIVE Days that ALL kind of Free Wi-Fi was unavailable and now, still, reception of signal is spotty !!!

. . . . .

Not a good period for Me; You and the other Players could attempt to try to take the Narrative of the "Training Battle" in Your OWN hands. . .

I think is BIG TIME to mop up the too rules-cumbersome attempt and try something SIMPLER, along the desires of the Players and their Characters. . . . .!!!

WHEN I will be able to have RELIABLE connection I will simply follow the Players Ideas and Guidelines. . . . .!!!

Golem2God likes this.
  16. Golem2God

@stevenart74 That sounds like a good idea. Mop-up the cumbersome rules and forge onward with streamlined ones. Looking forward to having you back Captain.
    As someone who knows what loss or having very low internet feels like I understand where you are coming from. Hope that I becomes clear and the rest of the summer is not difficult for you. I'll get to writing/typing the next step where I left off.

stevenart74 likes this.
  17. stevenart74

@inane.imp

@Golem2God

Thinking to restart the Minotaur Game with newer recruiting. . .

Would You like to re-start with Your Old Characters or start anew with fresher ones. . .

The Dogwarrior Player SEEMS to have fallen "Outside the Forum Radar" but will try to reach Him too. . .!!

18. inane.imp

I probably need to play a not-Corregidorian. Ric and Tony are already starting to blur together a bit.

I’ve just committed to GMing a game myself, so depending on the set up may opt out. Something lower power, so less TAG pilots and more light/medium infantry could be smoother to get running?

stevenart74 likes this.
  19. stevenart74

ABSOLUTELY Yes, for a Lower Powered Game (Ariadnan Scout and similar). . .!!

Just important that ANY PC is OK (one of the MANY reasons the Old Game crashed was balancing TAG Level Foes and Lower!!). . .

Could I suggest You to plan an Haqqislamite or Ariadnan. . .

Dogwarriors were a little difficult to balance; should You want to pack a "Sizable Punch" I will suggest either a "Runihura" Supersoldier or an exceptionally rugged, brutal Wulver. . . . .!!!

Golem2God likes this.
  20. stevenart74

@Beodren . . .

Are You still interested in restarting the Minotaur Game???

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation