1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we counter the Brothers?

Discussion in 'Chemical Brothers' started by Roadrunner7431, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

I haven't watched your game yet but I never thought of using Parvati's Reset offensively against Bachmann to remove his states. Great idea!

Dayman and csjarrat like this.
  2. rag1n

rag1n Well-Known Member
    Aristeia! Warcor

One thing that's worth adding here when it comes to Bachmann is that his reliance on states being available on the board forces really interesting interactions when drafting teams.

If your opponent picks Bachmann too early in the draft you can always move towards a team that's not so focused on states (kinda hard, I know) and in turn this should force your opponent to bring enough characters with state imposition in to their squad in order to justify taking him in the first place.

In conclusion, I feel that Bachmann should always be a "late" pick when drafting a team.

Dayman and csjarrat like this.
  3. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

I love when you discover uses for Actions that were put in there just for that! And I love the way Parvati is in and out from the meta.

:wink:

rag1n and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  4. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

To be fair, as long as you are putting Aristos down then there will be -:E: states around for him to use.

And that's probably all he needs to be dangerous.

treiral and rag1n like this.
  5. rag1n

rag1n Well-Known Member
    Aristeia! Warcor

Definitely. I concede that you'll never shut him out completely but you can certainly reduce his relevance quite substantially with some good planning and team building.

treiral and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  6. Chikahiro

Chikahiro Well-Known Member

We screwed up a LOT so please forgive us. But I feel the game was quite interesting despite that. I’m looking forward to getting rematch :)

7. Chikahiro

Chikahiro Well-Known Member

Reset 2.0 was good for that, and I stole both -2 energies from BazaiZAP using Tabula Rasa. I didn’t get to use Advanced Surgery but that was another option. It’s risky to buff enemies as a debuff to Bachman via Tabula Rasa, but it’s a useful option if you’re careful and can followup.

8. prophet of doom

prophet of doom Well-Known Member

Fiddler s Jackbot could shoot him and not care about the poison it receives.

I am not saying that Bachmann is overpowered, but he certainly is annoying and not fun to play against. Just like that chinese wizard.

9. prophet of doom

prophet of doom Well-Known Member

All I do against Bachmann is use Parvati to heal people and remove states. She seems to be the best counter character. Last tournament I used her every game because everybody but me was playing Bachmann. I won the Chemical Brothers in that tournament, now I don't want to use Bachmann because he is evil.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation