1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

June!

Discussion in 'News' started by kanluwen, May 2, 2019.

1. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Zondnautica is $40.99(discounted down to $32).

I am not impressed with that MSRP price point. Yeah yeah yeah, I can get it discounted--but would it really be so bad to make things actually more worth their prices?

2. kanluwen

This in a nutshell. Once GenCon rolls around, the previews start to have a bit longer between the initial bit and actual release.

It also has to do with summer having what is effectively a 'blackout date' of GenCon where very few non-convention releases will be coming out.

Golem2God likes this.
  3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Comparable to a double motorcycle pack in terms of weight of metal (but a bit cheaper), though it's a single unit. Yojimbo is notably cheaper but only has the one 'motorcycle'.

And I want it because it's a MotoSlave.

4. kanluwen

Considering that we still have so many items like the Mavericks or Devil Dogs where it would have been a joke to include the exclusive/"missing" profiles into the main set--I think you've missed the reason why I feel this item is not worth its price.

At that price point and the fact that "SKU bloat!11!!" is still their go to excuse for when they get ADD and wander off to the next project, it would be nice for that $40.99 to actually include a second rider and/or arm set so that it can actually just finish off the whole Zondnautica unit in one fell swoop. Not like there will be a second robot variant anyways.

SKOZZOKONZ and Golem2God like this.
  5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I guess I did miss your point.

I agree that putting in additional arms (like the Shikami or Musashi, or the Domaru box with 2x bodies each with 2x arm sets) should be a no-brainer item to control SKU count.

Does this mean CB doesn't have a brain? :innocent:

6. Tony2805

Tony2805 Well-Known Member

I think the Battle Box will contain Shasvastii and a NA2 Army. Probably the "White Company", they're already mentioned in the fluff at some points in the last books.

7. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

They are, ever since they made that vid before GenCon last year, so that "June releases won't be overshadowed by GenCon". Now they do they semi-regularly.

Splod and melkiach like this.
  8. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

@SmaggTheSmug "She Kriigel" won't be Overshadowed by anyone!!! So cool

9. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

I thought the White Company turned into StarCo, because their logo patch was rumored to be White Company way before NA2 was a thing, and its a basically a White Star. Could be wrong though.

10. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

@McNamara White Company have Aleph assets, so it's not Starco, you can read about it at Daedalus Fall Book

11. RAF

RAF Something Wicked

I thik that is because long time ago (before NA2) StarCo was White Star company .

They probably changed name to StarCo when they start working on other companies.

ZlaKhon likes this.
  12. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

Yeah could be true, and thats what I meant too. Haven't read Deadalus Fall yet. What do you figure could be part of it besides some Aleph units? Kaplan?

13. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

I have no idea, but White Company being OSS 2.0 in the way that StarCo is Corregidor 2.0 would be really cool.

Remove some of the heavy or defining features stuff (Marut, Yadus, Apsaras, Asuras, Netrods, Sophotect, Posthumans,...) and then mix it up with a bit of Haqq and maybe a few PanO splinters here and there. Maybe PanO remotes, Haqq Infiltrators, keep a Dakini and CSU link, maybe one or two Rama supersoldiers.

McNamara likes this.
  14. Ghost_X

Ghost_X Well-Known Member

I have always doubted that a NA2 army (like StarCo, Dashat, etc) would receive a box. JSA seemed like a one off since it is homogeneous (this also sems to hold for the most part for Sprial as well). It seems like the business model for the other NA2 armies is to get folks to expand into more than 1 or even 2 armies and buy across multiple armies. This model and support to the baselines they come from are better served by individual releases within the core factions in my opinion. Just my opinion though.

DukeofEarl and colbrook like this.
  15. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

Oh, it could also be a re-release of NCA

kanluwen likes this.
  16. kanluwen

Oh that's cute. :P

xagroth and Brother Smoke like this.
  17. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

@McNamara dunno, but maybe it will contain Dart and her friends: the Optimates? (from the Dart fluff)

McNamara likes this.
  18. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

Not as cute as you, boo :wink:

In all seriousness, most (all?) factions already have an operation box, it's about time to start cycling. Why not NCA? their sculpts are old as hell

injenegr likes this.
  19. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

An argument against any NA2 in the battle box could also be that the recent NA2s are combinations of battle boxes:
    Foreign Company (Icestorm)
    Dashat (Red Veil)
    So white company could be based on Coldfront. I could see that making some sense as a marketing strategy as it might provide further buying incentives for the boxes outside of the „splitting it with a friend“ situations.

20. kanluwen

Because they hates us, clearly. ;)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation