1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

June!

Discussion in 'News' started by kanluwen, May 2, 2019.

1. Ghost_X

Ghost_X Well-Known Member

I recommend using the offer code blind if you can afford the box...you can always cancel the order later if the details come out not to your liking

Also, I know it is an extreme longshot due to Red Veil being pretty new, but I am hoping that Ramah is half of this Ops box.

2. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

The other thing stopping me right now is that it's ~50% more than the other Operation Boxes. I'm not sure if it will come down after release.

Though your point about being able to cancel is a good one.

Oops...

Considering how long I've been waiting for them to get Wingspan Preorders back (will probably have to wait until long after general release), I guess I just had to jump on this.

3. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

I didn't notice that link before. Someone is seriously trying to take pre-orders on that Operation box already? :ghost:

I've got to say that I'm really impressed by this store's dedication. They've got some of the box art for Wyrd's M3E pre-orders that I hadn't seen yet. :eyes:

4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I dunno, I'm expecting Tohaa to essentially be Spiral Corps and whatever wasn't put OOP (all the non-CAD sculpts) for a while, not coming up in a new Op:box.

But what would go in the box w Shas if not Tohaa?
    • Nothing PanO or YJ, since CB is on record as wanting to put Sval and White Banner together in an Op:box and those are the next probable sectorials.
    • It's (remotely) possible that we might see MRRF, as that's the last Ariadnan sectorial needing resculpt, but I'd expect that MRRF is going to stay out for a while (at least one more book) due to their fluff.
    • Haqq just got Ramah Task Force, so I'm not expecting the Kum Biker sectorial (is that the Khanate?) anytime soon. That may share some design elements with MRRF, both being highly mobile forces, so it might be interesting to release them together in an Op:box.
    • It's also (remotely) possible that we might see a Corregidor resculpt, bringing the rest of their starter to current CAD standards instead of the N2 truescale 28mm tinyness. Wildcats, I'm looking at you!
    • Some Combined sectorial? Maybe, but they do have 3 sectorials thus far. Obvious options here would be Fractaa and Exrah.
    • Aleph is complete enough, and just got a box release in Coldfront.
    • Tohaa is unlikely, for reasons I expressed above.
    • NA2? What could that be?
    • O12? I think that might be more likely than NA2 or Tohaa...

5. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

Steel Phalanx could use a Myrmidon resculpt. I mean look at Perseus and then look at the Aleph Myrmidons

6. Omen

Omen Active Member

I agree steel phalanx could use some new sculpts. Spitfire myrmidon looks like a giant next to the other myrmidons. And would like to see eodoros get a new sculpt.

Dragonstriker, ZlaKhon and redeemer like this.
  7. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I'd be surprised by Tohaa being in both big boxes for the year, but CB has certainly surprised me before.

My money is on Shasvastii, though, because they had a lot of new concepts to show us and no models yet. This would be the ideal time to launch a new starter box. I just don't have any idea who they will be paired with.

melkiach likes this.
  8. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

re: Speculo killer clearer render
    [​IMG]

9. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

Look how happy she is :grinning:

10. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

You know it'll be Shas vs. Foreign Company for a new pseudo-Neoterra starter, there are still Bolt profiles that need models!
    (Valkyrie, 3xBolts, Croc Man, Orc)
    /s

Honestly I'm surprised that a new starter box would be released so soon after Cold Front, maybe it'll be a new direction narrative event box instead?

McNamara likes this.
  11. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

This is valid because I am just assembling, converting and painting some Spektr miniatures as proxies for my Wildcats.... Offering to the Release God :grinning:

12. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Tohaa starter has been discontinued so a tohaa starter resculpt this year is likely. With shas starter being also likely this year, a 2 player box with both looks like a strong possibility

Regarding new sculpt : I loved the art but I'm disturbed by the sculpt : i can't decide if I find the mouth thing horrifying (in a nice shasvasti creepy way) or ugly

Is she stinking her tongue or is it part of her jaw ?

Golem2God, Cothel and melkiach like this.
  13. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

That's just Nomad enhancements ;)

Section9 likes this.
  14. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

Now I see, why Perseus was not allowed to rejoin Steel Phalanx. Other myrmidons were just too jealous! :joy:

Section9, Abrilete and Deltervees like this.
  15. Ghost_X

Just for the record, Ramah has been announced and all, but not really many releases of new stuff yet, so remote hope that the box has Ramah (probably not though :)

Hortlak Jans
    Mukhtars
    Nahabs
    More Namurrs
    Carmen Johns and Batard

Like I said, probably not but enough here to fill half a box

Golem2God and Xeurian like this.
  16. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

I really like the idea of keeping SKUs down by introducing „booster pack” style boxes that go that a dedicated starter box to give you most of a sectorial.
    But I really appreciate that CB usually is careful to not lock profiles that are needed in different factions (think Alguaciles Hacker in a blister so that MRRF players can buy it seperately from the SWC box). So please keep Carmen out of there, TAK needs her too

Golem2God likes this.
  17. Ghost_X

very true, could see two versions of Carmen though , which would be kind of cool....a more Haqq styled version and a more TAK style version. Will not happen, but would be cool.

ZlaKhon likes this.
  18. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

It's not just them. My local shop is taking preorders on Wildfire as well, along with other July releases--although Wildfire is listed as a "July 2029" product. :P

Yeah...you didn't get an Alguaciles Hacker blister because MRRF could use it. You got an Alguaciles Hacker blister because she was in the CJC starter and she didn't look right with the ridiculously out of scale stuff that was in CJC vs the post-Icestorm releases.

We already got a Ramah box. It was in Red Veil.

Anyways...I've said multiple times that ALEPH was a mistake in the Coldfront box. They could have done a Druze oriented NA2 starter and gotten a nice setup going.

Berjiz, emperorsaistone and Golem2God like this.
  19. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

My bets are on Ramah, but my dreams are in MRRF

They were wiped out by the Shas after all, why not have a cool box to recreate that battle!

Section9, Abrilete and Thjazi like this.
  20. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

I keep seeing people talking about some Tohaa box we got this year, but I am pretty sure the only big box that has come out this year is for NA2. They got an awesome new army that just so happens to be semi-useful to Tohaa. But it's not technically a Tohaa box. I'm still hoping for Tohaa to get something in this year of Tohaa that is actually just for Tohaa.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation