1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bakunin Wild Wishing

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Hachiman Taro, Mar 22, 2019.

1. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

The only wildcards I think fits for Bakunin is a REM and, arguably, Kusanagi.

Grrls / Observance / Moderator Core are all too distinct from a fluff POV.

TM + Moderator + Morlock mixed link is just soo fluffy and interesting. And it gets balanced by having irregular troops inside the link which are trapped from spending their order.

Hachiman Taro likes this.
  2. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

I don't think you can link Irregular troops. At least I can't recall any precedent.

3. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Could be Bakunin only loadout - *Morlock FTO (Regular)*.
    There you have it

UPD.
    Gakis and Pretas in Morats have special core while being irregular and ex. impetious

4. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

A morlock FTO option would be baller. Although I can see it costing something around 8-10 points, it would still make for a really great link filler if they could join Taskmasters or even Moderators.

Robock likes this.
  5. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

a cheap morlock FTO would be nice, but we might as well end up with the combi rifle + smoke LGL morlock. Not as great, but still better than a moderator combi by 1BS 1ARM and brings smoke to the link and a close combat expert.

6. NorthernNomad

NorthernNomad Well-Known Member

That is one of the great things about Bakunin! For a sectorial it is incredibly flexible. With many different ways to play the faction, depending on your playstyle.

In one tournament I played the Bakunin "mirror match", and my opponent and I Literally did not have a single unit in common.

Galdera, Hachiman Taro and McNamara like this.
  7. inane.imp

There's literally a rule about what happens if you spend an Irregula troop's Irregular Order on a troop who's a member of a Fireteam. Nothing prevents you linking Irregular troops: you just can't spend their orders without dropping them from the Fireteam.

This is the great thing about just making Morlocks linkable as if they were Moderators. It's self balancing: sure you get them in a link, but you lose Orders to do it.

8. inane.imp

One of you was doing it wrong: who didn't take Morlocks? [emoji14]

9. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Maybe one likes e/m and the other likes DA.

10. NorthernNomad

NorthernNomad Well-Known Member

I actually meant none of us had any of the same units at all not just profiles!

Haha, I was running Morlocks, a Custodier-Kusanagi Haris, Moderators, a Sin-Eater, a Lunokhod, a Meteor Zond, and Zeros.

While she had an Uberfall-comando, Zoe & pi well, TR bot, Riot girl Core, a lone Moira, and some other stuff (I think a few more remotes, and maybe a doctor or something)

11. Jason839

Jason839 Well-Known Member

I honestly find it kind of funny how much the game has shifted towards defensive link teams and warbands over the last 5 years. So many players rely on them now when you don’t take them everyone looks at you like you are crazy. Yes they are good but not necessary to win.

NorthernNomad and loricus like this.
  12. DaRedOne

Warcor

This might be a meta thing, but I have seen lots of defensive fireteams recently and I've grown very fond of dismantling them :D It's not easy, but feels good when you do it right.

But in Bakunin's case, we actually have a very good Warband option and some great skirmishers too, but I wouldn't call Riot Grrls a defensive fireteam.

In any ways, morlocks are just fun and fluffy, so I guess that's why most of us would like to have even more reasons to use them (even if the newer models suck big dinosaur balls)

loricus likes this.
  13. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

It's that way because even though my entire play style is made expecting them it's still an easier game if they aren't there.
    Primarily they are.

14. DaRedOne

Warcor

Well, I've mainly employed riots in 3 lady teams with a Spitfire/MULTI/Shotgun as trouble removers. Most of my games they end up in the middle of the table.

Then again, if I don't push past the middle of the table with something, I tend to feel quite annoyed.

loricus likes this.
  15. inane.imp

I find Bakunin, in particular, is built around Morlocks. So it's less about the shift and more that Bakunin has always relied on Morlocks as enablers for their other units (either defensively as a screen, or actively for smoke / as a trading option).

Cores are primarily defensive. Trios tend to be more aggressive. Partly that's due to the difficulty of moving 5 troops around the board effectively and partly that's because SSL2 + +3 BS are great defensively.

You can play interesting Bakunin lists that are just built around aggressive trios without Cores. These really rely on a skirmish screen of SK/WB for their defence though.

So take that Z&P + Riot Grrl Core list. Assuming it wasnt LI, I'd have taken at least one Morlock to drop Smoke to support the Uberfalls. This gives you the best chance of having 9 orders to eat your opponent's list.

16. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

And then the one a-hole is playing Varuna and Kamau Sniper is shutting it all down (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Icchan and loricus like this.
  17. MattyG2787

MattyG2787 Member

Go go eclipse smoke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McNamara likes this.
  18. Civilized Barbarian

Civilized Barbarian Praxis' Lead R&D Janitor

Or White Noise from your Custodier if the Kamau isn't in a link!

19. MattyG2787

MattyG2787 Member

Even if he is. Push the white noise up close enough and release the pups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Civilized Barbarian likes this.
  20. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Just put it on the sucker after launching a pitcher 32" with a Tsyklon.

edit: fyi I have done with with a Core linked Tsyklon in Correg already.

Tourniquet likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation