1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tournament List advice thread:

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by IAGO242, May 7, 2019.

?

Which list is better for Supremacy, Frostbyte and Supplies?

1. Invincible Army Unit 242

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Invincible Army TS

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. IAGO242

IAGO242 Executive Officer

I saw some disparate threads seeking advice, maybe it would save space to concentrate list advice requests into one thread.

Basically The missions I would run either of these lists on are frostbyte, supplies, and potentially supremacy. I also have another list that could be used for supremacy, depending on opponent.

Invincible Army Unit 242
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Duo, Tactical Awareness) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    ZÚYǑNG Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (2 | 36)
    HǍIDÀO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    LIÚ XĪNG Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 32)
    ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, D.E.P., Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)
    MECH-ENGINEER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    Zhanshi YĪSHĒNG Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

This list has the Pro for missions like supplies for having the Liu Xing to steal the enemies supplies if they try and hide away with it, and for additional threat vector.
    It has the con compared to my 2nd list of no MSV2 (so opponents can easily smoke and grab supplies) It is also has more hacking defence from the Daoying LT Hacker (fairy dust) and can try and stop enemy AD with hack transport aircraft.

Invincible Army TS

[​IMG]10
    TAI SHENG Mk12, Chain-colt, Stun Grenades / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 45)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Duo, Tactical Awareness) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    ZÚYǑNG Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 30)
    HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37)
    HǍIDÀO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, D.E.P., Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

This list has flexibility in using the MSV2 Haidao if you go 2nd, and using the Killer hacker haidao in the link if you go first. The Killer hacker Haidao is decent with cybermask at securing objectives. I think this list is a little bit more reliable (no chance to scatter the drop troop as there isn't one) The link is more resilient as you can add the other haidao in should the sniper/hacker die

I was just hoping for some advice if there is a factor I hadn't thought about for to help me pick the list. Thank you! Feel free to post other advice requests here too!

2. IAGO242

I saw three people voted for the first list, why was that? I think the 2nd list might be a little more flexible and reliable with the Haido choices. The Liu Xing is fun, though.

3. Stuffist

Stuffist Well-Known Member

Hi, sorry. I Thought I replied after voting, my bad ! :s
    I do prefer the 1st one, mainly because:
    - Liu Xing <3
    - 2x palbot (one for each doctor/engineer)

Though, I would suggest few modifications: TinBot Zuyong redundancy is overpaying for very small profit imho. As I don't like Missile Launcher in main (and only in your case) assault force, I would adapt the FT to:
    Invincible Army
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5
    ZÚYǑNG (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 28)

Instead of your proposed
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5
    8 SWC | 332 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

It frees a few points+SWC that may be invested in upgrading something else (didn't check).
    Alternatively, you can try to fit Tai Shing instead of a 2nd TacAware HMG, but you need to find 7+ points... It would free some SWC (not really needed though) and would make a good use of those Lt orders you will not use for Fairy Dust / objectives.

But the mroe I use IA, the more I go away from 5-Zuyong links. I rely more on a defensive Zhanshi link and an offensive Haris - not ins limited insertion though.
    For example:
    Just a suggestion
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9
    HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37)
    SON-BAE Yaókòng Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 17)
    ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    LIÚ XĪNG Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 32)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    LÙ DUĀN Mk12, Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    5.5 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

IAGO242 and LuAn like this.
  4. IAGO242

Thank you! I actually really like your suggested list!
    The hacker LT has more to do with the Liu Xing AND the Lu Duan.
    Why don't you like the missile launcher in the main force? negative range bands? Its such a cool model though too.

I have another list for Armoury and Capture and Protect so I'll run with the 2nd list I had already only because then I have to worry less about getting too cold with so many HI.

But thank you, I really like that list and will try it out.

5. Stuffist

Stuffist Well-Known Member

Yep, I find that the HMG and ML rangebands don't stack well:
    - Same bad range at close distance,
    - Only 80-100cm (32"-40") extension for the +3 band,
    - >120cm (48") distances are most of the time irrelevant because of the table and/or because your pain train will progress towards the enemy anyway.

In addition to that, the B2 (in 5-men link) does not guarantee to win FtF rolls in active turn and prevents you from splitting among several targets if needed, which can be devastating (loosing the team leader). It is a very potent reactive turn threat though, and as such I think it is better suited to sit at the back of my lines, sniping bastards from the other side of the table instead of marching to victory in the middle of the theatre of operations.
    If you want a ARO master piece within your pain train, I think a Multi-Sniper is doing at least as well as the ML (but it costs you the Killer Hacker and it doesn't have impact template).

That's my point of view, but I am sure some experienced player might differ.
    For example: keep in mind that going 1st player with 2 groups allow the opponent to spend a command token to reduce the number of orders available to one of your group (generally the one with the real threats - haris team and expected Liu Xing).

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation