1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Total immunity query

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by theradrussian, May 6, 2019.

1. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I know, I wish I wasn't allergic to corn (yes, that sucks about as much as you would expect, and then some.)

ObviousGray likes this.
  2. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

The only way I've found to consistently and effectively stack ARO's, is using Camo markers and Hidden Deployment.

3. Stuffist

Stuffist Well-Known Member

Quickly before the storm starts again: for my knowledge (not engilsh native speaker), what's this "Pie-slicing" stuff everyone is shouting about pls?
    Is it "finding the (sometimes small) angle in which Reactive Trooper 2 cannot see Active Trooper because of Reactive Trooper 1 hiding the LoF"? Then trigerring AROs one by one instead of both at the sametime?

Abrilete likes this.
  4. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Precisely.

When your oponent has several troopers on ARO duty covering one spot, usually you can carefully move just a little bit and face them one by one instead of all of them simultaneously.

5. Stuffist

Stuffist Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks. Then, my 2 cents (and then I'll shut up for good, I don't want to enter this endless and -imho- useless debate for real): there is always a way to slice the pie. But due to very good opponent positions and/or bad deployment on your side and/or table scenery, it might be way too order-consuming to do so.
    I don't mind Flash Pulse, I lead the attack with Sun Tze. Just kidding. I really don't mind Flash Puls AROs because they're often weak and cheap piece (speed bumpers) - when it comes to "I don't want / can't avoid 2 simultaneous AROs", my active turn sweeper always has burst 4+ => I can split 2-2 or 3-1 depending on the range band I guess the Flash Pulsing guy is in.

I mean, feel free to debate if yes or no such way of avoiding both AROs alsways exists (it does, actually) - it all depends on the setup on the table, so it widely varies between 2 differents games. The TL;DR would then be: check if you can slice the pie, if not check if you have good chances to win FtF rolls wiht only 2 dices. If none of those are positives, you're doing it wrong - or play a risk-reward game, but don't complain you don't win the coin flip each time.

Abrilete, Nenyx and MikeTheScrivener like this.
  6. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

Please don't turn this thread into another lengthy and fruitless discussion of That Topic. I think we had plenty of opportunities to express ourselves here and it's quite clear that no one will be able to convince either side to change their mind.

7. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Ehh, I don't think anyone really wants to discuss the merits of having vs not having intent or any form of it – in the end it's moot anyway.

This is pretty much what I'm getting at, perhaps more elegantly than I've been putting it, so thank you for that.

Very commonly I try and cover a key route to an objective or ideal position on the board with a helot and an 8-point bot. It is absolutely hell to split your burst against these guys and you can't just ignore one of them. of course you can take another route and split them up but that is often time consuming, order intensive, usually involves fighting through other AROs and at the end of it you'll end up in a less ideal part of the board.

Abrilete likes this.
  8. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

Depending on the turn, I'd happily take the 1-2 orders to kill them and harm your future order pool + reduce the number of pieces you have :)

IMO the earlier a kill is done the better, due to how order generation works you get "rewarded" for killing enemy orders more at the top of turn 1 than say top of 2.

You won't be able to stop someone slicing the pie if that is an accepted practice in your meta. TBH I have yet to see one where it is disallowed.

9. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Usually the overall effectiveness of this comes down to how a player structures his or her combat groups – generally losing a warcor out of the second group isn't going to cause much of a fuss.

What I've seen is vernally most meta's default to some form of intent with a spectrum of softer or harder depending on specific players and match ups

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation