1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IA: Hulang shocktroopers

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Cannon Fodder, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Nah, Jerkilles has pretty damned good odds against anything without a mono, Domaru, or Mushashi - those are too high risk.
    The odds of anything on that list being an important model is also fairly high, but no Engage! Engage is how Shinibu gets owned in CC by Fusiliers.

--

Hulang with AD4 and ExplodeX would cost around 50 and essentially take Louie's job, as the Hulang would be mostly a better gun fighter and also melee-capable and thus fairly immune to Engage solution to being ExplodeXed.

2. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

I think eclipse smoke is the best solution for our boy tbh.

3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I just realized that in Vanilla, why take the Hulang when the KHD Kanren does almost the same for 14pts less with a Holo2?

4. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Hulang stabs better.
    That's... actually about it.

5. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

The new Valkyria girl also does a number on him. She does at least trade evently with pretty much anything in infinity.

6. Mahtamori

Yup. Same category as Mushashi and Ajax. Too dangerous to outlast, unlike most others.

7. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

And I remember someone said 'how an earth Hulang's a disappointment' :P

8. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that's true of anything with NBW. And NBW-B+Berserk puts her up to CC30 on a normal roll.

9. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

No, the thing with valkyrie is that she adds Total Immunity to that.

She can take a hit (using berserk to trade) and she will not die on the first hit, no matter what because of Total Immunity. I think the only thing in the game that could potentially 1 round her is Tarik because his Poison rules does not get affected by TI.

So against any single miniature she will take at least 2 rounds to die, and on that period she will put 2 D14 EXP hits on it.

Teslarod likes this.
  10. Mahtamori

It's funny how a Chaiyi fares better against her than Shinobu does.

11. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

mimetism, effectively second wound, MA3 and better CC, way better guns
    D-charges for l&s or the grid and veteran classification for classifieds

yeah, totally the same sure

Solar likes this.
  12. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

So basically you're saying we wanted an Exploding Nahab from Ramah? I seem to recall you were against making the Liu Xing a CC type HI.

13. Space Ranger

I didn't say they were the same but they accomplish pretty much the same thing. So far he never gets to use his d-charges. Combi-Flamethrower is only a little better than combi-chain colt. I've never been able to use his grenades. I like Holo over Mimetsim because it clears mines, he gets surprise shot, and a chance of no hit at all.

14. Mahtamori

No, what I wrote was meant to illustrate what a bad idea it would be to have AD4 on Hulang. I do not find Louies to be conceptually bad or terribly problematic to use other than the standard about how all (literally all) HI seem to be in need of a proper discount due to Hackable trait. (Yes, including the ones who kind of need to have their Frenzy discount scaled back a bit)

Maksimas likes this.
  15. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

kanren is a terrible unit that exists only as a mockery of actual skirmishers
    mimetism provides tangible benefits in firefights unlike holo2 (mine clearing is fine tho)
    em grenades are devastating, just specfire in a crowd after the ARO is gone and collect the tears

EpicDiceFail likes this.
  16. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Kanrens are versatile good unit. Don't push him too hard, mate. Holo L2 is not a joke - He was the one saved my ass quite often when playing IS.

17. Space Ranger

I get the feeling you either never used them or never got the hang of them. I used them some in ISS and thought they were pretty good but took a while to use effectively. But where I’ve really gotten use out of Holo 2 is with Bash Bozuk. I love going right in front of a MSV2 guy and saying FU surprise! Here’s a light shotgun in your face!

Now I'm not saying the Kanren is fantastic. Just that in comparison to the Hulang, in Vanilla, He can accomplish the same for much less of a cost.
    Obviously in IA there's not much choice.

18. IAGO242

IAGO242 Executive Officer

Anyone had much luck with his EM grenades? Success stories? Id like to try forward observing a HI link to then lob EM. But it’s still an order intensive risky move

19. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I haven't found myself in a position to throw one at someone yet, but I think that's largely down to my opponents fearing the grenade and not giving me an opportunity to throw them effectively. Hulangs have been doing work in Vanilla but its been largely stabbing stuff with smoke support and cleaning up skirmishers.

I continue to find it pairs well with Sun Tze, Strategos helps fix alot of his issues.

Maksimas likes this.
  20. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

The Kanren Mad Traps is quite decent in ISS, as he adds much needed deterrents.
    Also, I’m not buying that you can’t make a cheap BS12 surprise attack flanking unit work but somehow defend the idea of paying +40 points to roll single dice of 9’s. Sounds less like a recipe for collecting tears, than it sounds like a recipe for doing your enemy a favour by wasting several orders.

Mahtamori likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation