1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I played this list in Unmasking vs. Ariadna ...

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by zapp, May 9, 2019.

1. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

My thoughts while building this where the following:
    - Many orders, as this mission needs them
    - Hackers, it saves orders to click two times with +3, Ariadna has no counter against Hackers
    - Expandable ARO pieces to stop Dogs
    - Infiltration not needed, because of the exclusion zone.

So I took two Daoying Hackers, because they can start at the exclusion zone border and are 12 points cheaper than their Zensha counterpart. They are also more useful, because they still can buff
    my bots.
    The Core Fireteam was planned as a 5-member link if I start second and to click buttons with three members only (again, Hacker) If I go first.
    Tai Sheng was the datatracker.

Unmasking V4
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Duo, Tactical Awareness) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    TAI SHENG (Chain of Command) Mk12, Chain-colt, Stun Grenades / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 49)
    HǍIDÀO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    SON-BAE Yaókòng Smart Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)
    PANGGULING FTO (Repeater) Light Shotgun / Electric Pulse. (0 | 13)
    DĀOYĪNG (Minelayer) MULTI Sniper, Antipersonnel Mines / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    WÈIBĪNG Yaókòng Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
    CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]1
    DĀOYĪNG Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    Zhanshi YĪSHĒNG Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    MECH-ENGINEER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

5.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

... and although I lost with 5:7, I would play this list again anytime as it wasn't the list, it was me. ;-)

2. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Where?

3. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

Sniper, Smart Missile Launcher

4. East of Irem

East of Irem Well-Known Member

I also like medium infantry hackers for unmasking, if you need to use the cautious move to get into position its not a huge hinderance on a 4-2 and the daoying are better than most with a marker state, though cybermask is also an (costly) option for some MI hackers.
    I do have one criticism though:
    If you plan to move up and 'unmask' the DVT early how do you plan to kill your target?

5. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

I had the first turn in this game and moved the Daoying from group two up to unmask the first HVT. I was even able to recamo after that. I then used the second Daoying Hacker to click the 2nd button and unmasked the real HVT, so I knew by then where to go with my datatracker, which was Tai Sheng. Unfortunately, the link was threatened by Uxia in Camo and a hideous camo marker in his DZ. As I didn't want to risk an unopposed autocannon shot at this state of the game, I opted for discovering and dealing with Uxia, but failed unfortunately.

My opponent then moved up with his Dogwarriors (he had two), which I managed to wound once with the Sniper. A long range intuitive attack from the wolf in smoke barely clipped and killed the poor Daoying from group2 and Uxia killed the SML bot, but apart from that, he only could click one button and revealing one of my wrong HVTs. He did though threaten the Baggage bot with a wolf in chain rifle range.

At the start of my 2nd turn, I just lost 2 orders, which meant I hat 14,5 still to spent. With the Daoying in group2 gone, the engineer used the orders of that group to sent Uxia behind cover, not killing her and revive the SML. So I could forge a 5-member core again.
    Then group1 used its 12 remaining orders to deal with the wolf, move from one side of the board to the the middle (leaving the baggage bot behind), clicking the last button to unveal the last HVT and start killing the HVTs. Tai Sheng killed one in a burst, but failed with 6 shots to kill the other, which tanked the MK12 shots and dropped prone save behind a planter. But the orders where enough to fall back to safety with the team and de-camo a chasseur in the last order.

Ariadnas 2nd turn was used to smoke up the whole table and pressing buttons. Unfortunately for my opponent, Ariadna does not want to include hackers obviously, so he had some failed attempts and used many orders to click, just killing the poor SML bot again with some spec-fired grenades. All my HVTs where discovered now, but they where all alive, but I had no consoles. He just killed the warcor and the engineer.

I started my 3rd turn again with 12 orders in group1, and one order in group2, just positioning the doctor.
    The three-member core then moved from the middle of the table to the left, killing the discovered chasseur and Tai Sheng went alone for the real HVT. Alone, because a gap which I sneaked through was covered by Vladimir with his mighty T2 sniper at that point in the game.
    I killed the real HVT easily and had 4 Orders left, the consoles where covered by Vladimir and I made the mistake to go with Tai Sheng for this Datatracker, taking high risks with own Datatracker here. Tai Sheng failed to kill it even and he ended in a bad spot with one wound. So I should't have done that in the first place, but rather keep him alive and try my luck to kill Vladimir with my HMG.

So at the start of Ariadna turn3, I had 5 points for killing his real HVT with my datatracker, more killed HVTs and my datatracker alive. Then Vladidmir activated and was very efficient in killing everything I had put up for ARO in a single burst each, also killing one wrong HVT. (It was very likely, but I didn't pass one luck armor roll there unfortunately). This LT revealed and killed Tai Sheng with one burst in a long range shootout. Again, the Invincibles armor was nothing to count for. His datatracker was too far off, so his only chance was to go for the run and kill the remaining two HVTs. The Strelok Antipode did this then and killed both HVTs in CC, dodging and tanking three rounds of Sniper shots by the Daoying. And again, I could not count some lucky armor rolls by my hired HVTs.
    This left me with 5 points, him getting 7 for more consoles, more HVTs and his datatracker alive.

It was a very close game which could have easily ended in another score if I did not make the mistake with Tai Sheng in the end. I was very happy to have that many orders, and the list felt great. The HaiDao sniper might have been helpful against the smoke, but the table setup was not too open for snipers, so I may have only got 2 shots more with the HaiDao that way.

Paegis, East of Irem and Space Ranger like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation