1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

June!

Discussion in 'News' started by kanluwen, May 2, 2019.

1. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

Huh? To me old PanO boarding shotgun looked like a super soaker water gun. more like a toy than a professional gun. I like current design pretty much, which made me jealous until the redesign of YJ boarding shotgun.

2. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

To each his own, apparently ;)

Old YJ BS had the same problem new PanO BS has - it's almost identical to the Combi.

Lothlanathorian and Mahtamori like this.
  3. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

I like this new box. I waited it for so long. I'm rewarded for this. Can't wait to buy it.

4. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

One nice thing about the new PanO BSG is that it's very easy to weapon swap. That huge vertical grip can be clipped out, and you can take any hand with a full closed fist, model it to be holding that vertical foregrip, and make the pose look natural. It's much, much easier than trying to sculpt fingers, hands, etc on other PanO weapons.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  5. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Maybe my writing was not precise but I didn´t complained about the size of the gun. I complained about the size of the HMG-guy in comparsion to the femals (at least I think, that was readable in the context).

Sadly the Orc looks more like doing some akward (dance) move and not look like he is giving a tactical signal with his hand. Here the Yu Jing is a lot more serious.

6. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

To be fair that zuyong sculpt is one of the best in the yu jing range. (IMO)

7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Definitely one of my favorites in the entire Infinity range!

8. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

"The first time shown in public: The NOVA Open exclusive Gutier miniature. A limited number of these will be available for sale at the NOVA Open Infinity room. Each will come with a Warsenal Hacking Acrylic. These are cast in metal and were designed to match Infinity scale and looks."

9. McDevil

McDevil Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm old or something. But its really work for me, look of smaller good looking girls and bigger strong guys. And Im happy that CB take more time and sculpt two versions of armour/unit.

sf.jpg fantasy.jpg
    You see a pattern , damn even my missus is almost twice lighter then me :).

About rocks I like more variety in poses but will be cool if that elements will be separate parts. So easy to swap.

Daniel Darko, Pen-dragon and Zewrath like this.
  10. Melchior

Melchior Well-Known Member

Yeah my mom and my sister are almost halft the size as me and my brother

11. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Remember that, by using 3D modelling, there is no "resculpt", just a change in the scale of the file, and very likely already macro'ed so they only make the male or female model, then make a copy, apply the macro to turn in the other gender, reposition the bodies as desired, make a copy of each, and reposition each of the 4 models' arms and head.

Abrilete likes this.
  12. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Actually there is sculpting involved the practical advantages of 3D modelling is that there is a library of assets already scaled for each body type and premade "dollies" to make sure anatomy and scale is the same on all models.

Kahlain and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  13. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

"BuT tHaT's StUpId, SeXiSt AnD mUh MiSoGiNy!!1"

Bellyflop and SKOZZOKONZ like this.
  14. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

Sorry, I can’t watch the video at work. What is this? A non-CB mini? A CB licensed mini that looks like Gutier?

15. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

A non CB mini that looks exactly as if Gutier was cosplaying inside the Infinity universe. Face is very well done.

ZlaKhon and Abrilete like this.
  16. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

Gutier looks very ALEPH-like... And people are calling Nomads CB's pet faction. Now we know why ALEPH gets all the best skills and point discounts :P

17. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

So while the model is really nice it raises some questions.....

Is CB ok with other companies making models "very compatible" with CB's eastethics and IPs ?

This seems like a really dangerous slippery slope....

18. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

That’s certainly a slippery slope. I remember that there was some sort of kickstarter with Miniatures made by some of the sculptors that also work for CB. Very similar poses etc. I think it’s fair to say that CB wasn’t happy about that (I think Carlos called it operation rip-off).

But in this instance I feel it isn’t trying to take away business from CB. I can’t answer in CBs place of course, but this one is more flattering I hope. Maybe this is the first step of raising Gutier to a Stan Lee level of fame as being the creator of something we all enjoy.

19. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

A more appropriate question is "have they written permission from Gutier to do this? Have they got written permission to use the name Infinity to do this?" if the answer is "Yes" then it's fine.

I know Sweden has some pretty damned relaxed laws on publishing the likeness of people (such as photos), but this would be one of rare few examples of where it'd be against the law if Gutier wasn't happy about it if done here. (Two things can make the publishing of a photo illegal here: either if it's disparaging a person or it's using the person's image for promotional non-journalistic purposes)

Abrilete likes this.
  20. FatherKnowsBest

FatherKnowsBest Red Knight of Curmudgeon

Not a Kickstarter. They actually made them. Company is Zenit Miniatures though I think.

ZlaKhon likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation