1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Total immunity query

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by theradrussian, May 6, 2019.

1. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Which would be a good thing in its own right ;)

eciu likes this.
  2. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

If they did not protect from flash pulse they might as well not exist.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  3. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

It's still hilarious that some doggo can just run (and/or smoke) flash pulses while things like Avatar or Squalo must always F2F them otherwise they risk really nasty surprise...

Hecaton, theradrussian and Stiopa like this.
  4. psychoticstorm

Well they smell you instead of relying on a sophisticated optical suit of sensors. :laughing:

We will see how disruptive this will be from the tournaments and battle reports, if needed adjustments will be made.

5. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

IMO Total immunity should not choose ARM/BTS against, at least, normal Ammos. It troubles me why do they even got ARM attribute, frankly.

6. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

Well, they were immune to AP before as well.
    And fluff-wise (for the karakuris) it might be some heavy magnetic fields - the impact on the shield/field is the same for all kinds of ammo. That would explain the EM-shielding as well.
    But for the doggos...?

archon likes this.
  7. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

I dont mind TI being immune to Flash Pulse. If you ask me, the Flash Pulse mechanic was too good, soft OP even. Having them on multiple Mimitism, low cost units that are never worth shooting at, was just too good.

sackofowls, Xeurian, ZlaKhon and 2 others like this.
  8. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Yes it was. But now you have a set of rambos who still live in fear of "stunned" state, and another set of rambos which cannot be stop by all kinds of usuall defence (templates, hacking, "hard hitting" ammo etc.).

And it is an old truth that the best types of rules are rules which allows you to ignore whole sections of gameplay/other rules ^^ (well that and mimetism for 1 pts)

8 pts Flash Pulse roadblocks are very good and efficicent, its just funny that only a few factions got a nice tools to effectively counter/ignore them.

theradrussian likes this.
  9. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

That'd have me more than satisfied. A lot better than "Oh okay 5 HMG hits? Time to use my bio technological shielding"

Hecaton likes this.
  10. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

Well, it is hard to explain for Valkyrie, but you can imagine that for doggos and karakuris their ARM and BTS are based on the same 'thing': a thick hide for the doggos, and some kind of experimental magnetic-force-field for the robo-geishas.

Why not every(/most/more) TAG has technologies like ODD, MSV, ... still seems odd to me.
    Maybe it is for balance reasons, because fluff does not make a lot of sense here.

11. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

I'm curious as to your reasoning.

Hecaton likes this.
  12. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Eh, I wasn't really a huge fan of flash pulse networks I felt they were too good to begin with doubling as both ridiculously cheap but annoying and impactful AROs and cheap order batteries. TI being an indirect nerf to them was a good thing IMO.

If anything I think more model types should be immune to them. If CB decided tomorrow to give a blanket buff to say all TAGs to be immune to Flash Pulses that'd get a thumbs up from me.

13. psychoticstorm

I would assume that with the new TI rules BTS differentiation exist only for purposes of hacking and other cases not covered by TI, also there is a case to be made for unconscious models, thought it is really niche.

@meikyoushisui if all it took to drop a symbiomate was a flashpulse then they can be dropped really easy, really fast, really cheap.

Abrilete and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  14. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

No they wouldn't, as Tohaa would just have to shoot poor drones (and still be very, very likely to outshoot drones).

But that would require and interaction and effort from Tohaa player (and even posed a risk of lucky flashbot crit!).

So yes, that is totally unacceptable!

15. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Bio-Immunity troops can also choose ARM or BTS (just against Shock or Viral ammo).

So a Bolt is effectively ARM6 against mines, SMGs, etc, while being ARM2. Most of the newer Bioimmunity models are ARM3/BTS3 so it doesn't matter.

Have you seen the Netflix show Continuum? Main character there has a fancy suit that not only acts as a Holoprojector in Infinity terms, but also stops just about any impact due to some fancy 'force field'.

I suspect Valkyrie's suit does the same thing.

xagroth likes this.
  16. meikyoushisui

I mean, they already can with just a combi by this logic. Most flash pulses are just a B1 ARO with WIP13 and Mimetism (Flashbot) or a B2 ARO with WIP15 (Linked line troop) and no mods.

Hecaton and xagroth like this.
  17. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

except of course the cost of a combi vs a Flashpulse, the superior rangebands of the flash pulse, and the fact that on average WIP is always a point or two higher than BS.

Flashpulse spam is pretty effective – I should know, it's one of my favorite things to run. TI troopers ignoring them is kind of a bummer but its understandable.

Abrilete likes this.
  18. meikyoushisui

I'm definitely in the camp that flashpulse is undercosted, but also keep in mind that in most of these rolls a flashpulse is only going to win in a fluke or with poor maneuvering by the active turn player anyway. I don't think Flashpulse taking off a mate really makes a big difference as the mate would still prevent the effects of the flashpulse. Granting unlimited Total Immunity to flashpulses to an army that already was ahead of the power curve is an... interesting balance choice. Like, altogether it feels like Mates are barely worse than they were before.

19. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

its not about hoping to win that flash pulse roll – it's about stacking that flash pulse on top of another, stronger ARO. You force your opponent to split his or her burst because it's something you just simply can't ignore.
    Mates are in a tough spot imo – have them spent on a flash pulse and they feel too weak, have them totally ignore them all the time and they feel a little too strong.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  20. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

My thought reading this was that MSV could be immune to Flash Pulse. If the MSV is set to a different spectrum then the Flash, it even makes sense.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation