1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you spec-obs in Vanilla

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Arkhos94, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

12 XP get you a securitate with doctor/free agent/minelayer/cybermine and a 1XP weapon (thinking of a stun pistol to have a dual stun pistol for hunting party => burst 3 and a potential of 6 BTS roll)

That's quite a lot of cheap utilities

Kiwi Steve and csjarrat like this.
  2. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

Well, I really liked how we had a "Grenzers are great"-Thread while PanO was still whining about how bad MO was in their opinion. Although in hindsight I don't use Grenzers much, but I really like Wildcats, which are essentially Bolts.

But what do you get for not whining around? New SpecOp-Rules.

Everytime I have a look at the new rules I am pissed again ...

Well, only one solution ... playing without SpecOps. I doub't this is what CB intended.

McNamara likes this.
  3. Kiwi Steve

Kiwi Steve Well-Known Member

I have yet to pick up my book. Did a joint order with a couple of mates to save shipping costs. I'm getting the distinct impression my 2 choices are :
    1. Don't bother getting the book
    2. Start focusing on my other faction, aleph

4. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Aleph also had some change in its spec obs (for example they can now take ODD or AD:Combat Jump)

In both case you don't need the book, all the changes are in army now, the book is only for the fluff or if you want to play a paradisio campain.

Kiwi Steve likes this.
  5. Kiwi Steve

Kiwi Steve Well-Known Member

That was my point, aleph (and others) sound like they get some strong and interesting rules for their spec op. From everything I'm hearing nomads spec ops are awful.

My comment was not intended to be taken too seriously.

6. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

It isn't awful, it's just kind of generic, since Nomad-specific options lack obvious combos like PanO's and Aleph's ODD+RF.

And, well, Aleph kind of knocks everyone out of the water with that Deva base profile. It effectively gets +10 experience points with those NWI and Nanopulser. I wish everyone got that kind of "points-expensive advanced specops".

#86 Gunmage, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Arkhos94 and csjarrat like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation