1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tunguska in 2018? Speculate here!

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Solar, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Tunguska.

We all know the name, and we're all excited. The promised Nomad Sectoral brothers and sisters! It could be here in 2018! We already got Grenzers, and the crowd went a little wild. Grenzers look cool, but do not blow the world away for some (although a Grenzer link will be very swish I think). Then we got the Kriza Boracs, who are potent indeed yes yes. Now we are ready for more! Hollow Men! Tactical Puppets! Nautical Zonds! Praise be to Interruptor, and Bostria his prophet!

So post here, your speculations, your wishes, your fears, your deepest desires.

Me, I want a Ninja of some sort. Saito Togan would be cool!

Lothair, loricus and T. Rex Pushups like this.
  2. T. Rex Pushups

T. Rex Pushups Well-Known Member

I’m looking forward to a grenzer model that doesn’t have a sniper rifle.

Not having to do a conversion for the sensor forward observer profile would be sweet.

3. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

Then go play Yujing instead of asking for more uniqueness of other factions to be given to Nomads.

Cothel and Barrogh like this.
  4. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Not saying anything about how strong it will be, but in the current state Grenzer Fireteam will never be popular.

MSR is literally my least favorite weapon for them it's pretty inconvenient!

Saito Togan isn't a Yu Jing unit.

Anyways Bandits are Ninjas but actually good.

chaos11 and T. Rex Pushups like this.
  5. T. Rex Pushups

T. Rex Pushups Well-Known Member

Spektrs are already in Tunguska and seem like darned useful Hidden deployment TO skirmishers.

6. Zakalwe

Zakalwe Bomber Harris, Do It Again!

Tunguska is already a relatively fleshed out faction, asides from line infantry. Grenzers are almost certainly going to be their MI link and Haris option and we can expect a 4 man box of them, they have a good TAG, they have an infiltrator, they have their Gecko/Taskmasker equivalent in the Kriza, and they have one of the best LT profiles in the game in the Interventor. If there's a new line infantry, it's probably going to be differentiated from Moderators and Alguaciles, and I think we can assume it would be more expensive than either. A profile very similar to Brawlers would be the easiest way of doing it, if not Brawlers themselves. If this isn't the case, Securitate will definitely need to be overhauled into something that's not so underpowered and could end up being the LI option.

Otherwise, increased AVA on certain REMs might be interesting. AVA 3 Transductor or Salyut would make them the "go to" faction for Nomad REM spam, and would help give them access to relatively cheap orders to counterbalance a more expensive Moderator/Alguacile equivalent.

CSUs could also be fairly thematic and wouldn't break the sectorial's balance either.

T. Rex Pushups and reaper1714 like this.
  7. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

I would really like to see Hollow Men being TO units (instead of guys with Holoprojector) like the character in the movie "Hollow Man". :)

But since we have no Holoprojector units, no MSV3 and no Biometric Visor, I'll hope we get these options at least.

A second TAG would be nice as well, maybe the possibility to field Anacondas since they are paid by the Black Hand.

8. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Well, he's a unit in Yu Jing sectorial, so there's that.

What nice do you think they should occupy?

9. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Spektrs are way up as an awesome and amazing unit. I own I think every one. Not Ninjas though!

Is McMurrough Ariadna or Nomads?

10. Rubberpiggy

Rubberpiggy Well-Known Member

I would love the ability to include an interventor in a link. Also, allowing them +1 burst to hacking programs while in links would be a nice way to make them stand out and give them some unique flavor. Starting out, I kept hearing that nomads were the hacky faction, but it seems to me that Aleph and Combined have way better platforms for their hackers (multi-wound or nwi being the thing there...)

11. Barrogh

He's in Corregidor, Caledonia and Mercs, but you probably know that.

Point being, some people don't like unique toys being given to other factions, blurring identity of both one unit at a time.

12. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Honestly I'd have thought an AVA 1 Ninja would be more palatable than Saito Togan on account of being much less powerful. Ninjas in the setting are also hireable for enough cash I believe, and if anyone has the money it'd be Tunguska. Besides a few Nomad troops are in QK and I don't think any Nomad player has ever been bothered by that.

13. Lothair

Lothair Well-Known Member

I'm really curious how will they flash out the poor Securitate, or create any other form of relatively cheap LI. Probably sth around 14-15 points a piece to differentiate from Moderators and Alguaciles. The expensive units are there already, the problem is with more cheap options and hopefully we'll get some named characters.

Somehow I want Uhahu in the Nomad faction ;)

14. Greg

Greg Active Member

Personally, I am not expecting new LI unit. My bet is on Alguaciles link, or maybe Jaguars (with someone else then Senore). But I also haven feeling that there may not be a cheep core link team and we will get Grenzers and Securitae links 'only'. I would love to see some HI (Kriza :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:?) haris option with LI or MI link, something similar to Asawira in Hassasins. But anyway I just want to have Szaly in some sectorial :stuck_out_tongue:

15. Barrogh

Aren't Jaguars as Corregidor as it gets?

loricus and Lothair like this.
  16. Lothair

Lothair Well-Known Member

The problem is putting Szally in a list with only expensive models from Tunguska. If the Grenzers will be our main unit then list building will be pretty hard. They'll probably remake Securitate or create a substitute for them so we have some cheap, but interesting LI option.

17. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Tunguska has money. It's a prime candidate to "employ" Bakunin and Corregidor units that are not overly OP when combined, with emphasis on Corregidor because those are the "laborers" of the Nomad Nation (and that would help those of us who got Corregidor and have most of the units stowed away because we end playing Generic and Bakunin). For example, the Mobile Brigada could be the "base" HI for Tunguska, the Alguaciles the "base LI", and such, but units like the Moran and the wildcats should not, so Tunguska can deploy its own MI and employ Zeros as their base infiltrator (with Spekters as the other infiltrators).

Add some "generic mercs" from NA2 like the Bashi Bazouks and you have some nice toys.

18. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I wonder if Securitate are going to be a more elite LI team, like Bao Troops, Kamau, Govads or whatever. That'd feel quite suitable, around 20pts for an elite squad.

Then line troopers (AKA your 9-14pt cheerleaders) could be these tactical puppet guys. Quite like the idea of all actual Tunguska humans being really well trained and equipped, with the grunts being robots.

19. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

The highest priced cheerleaders are 14 points (vanguard/seed soldier/unidron) then 13 (celestial guard, daikini...). It's a safe bet to say we will have some 12-14 points LI in the Tunguska sectorial, maybe the new securitate.

Alguaciles are correguidor police force, Moderator are bakunin police force. New LI should be Tunguska police force.

Lothair likes this.
  20. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Don't take Jaguars up on merc offers you'll wake up in an escape pod.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation