1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New NCA box wishlisting

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Cartographer, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Generally agree with that.

Though it might be fun to paint up some Auxilia/Fusiliers in that obnoxious blue/yellow/orange/red Swiss Guard formal uniform.
    [​IMG]

Except for being deniable assets. CSUs are rent-a-goons, work for anyone with the money to hire them.

chromedog likes this.
  2. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

Literal Inquisition has nothing to do with NeoVatican?

daboarder and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  3. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

No, it's just his hatred towards MO.

Thandar and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  4. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Can you read? I said that the two shouldn't be lumped together, not that "they have nothing to do with Neovatican".

You wouldn't say that "Nisse and Hospitallers are the same thing, thematically" just because both are from Svalarheima.

5. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

The designated Inquisitors/Investigators of the Neovatican shouldn't be able to commandeer the designated soldiers/guards of the Neovatican?
    I'm going to need you to explain why you have come to the conclusion you have, because it isn't immediately obvious.

As for your Nisse/Hospitaler example, that's a false equivalent and you know it.

Cthulhu363 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  6. kanluwen

You didn't say anything about "commandeering the designated soldiers/guards of the Neovatican".

You lumped the two together as "Neovatican Assault"(whatever the heck that nonsense is supposed to mean).

It really isn't. You used a broad connecting factor(they're both related to the Neovatican) to set things the way you want.

7. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

I originally wrote "Neovatican Assault Force" then deleted the last word as it sounded assinine, perhaps I should have removed both and chosen a better phrase to imply a black-ops/military force originating from the Neovatican. But I reject your notion that the Swiss and Black Firars shouldn't be linked together utterly.

The Swiss and Black Friar are linked not just through faction, PanO, and sectorial, NCA, but also thematically within that sectorial, as agents/operatives of the Neovatican.
    The Nisse and Hospitaler do not have the same thematic link, stopping at the sectorial level, hence the false equivalent.
    You can be of the opinion that "related to the Neovatican" is a "broad connecting factor", but frankly, you're wrong.

Cthulhu363 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  8. kanluwen

That's fine. You can reject the notion all you want.

It still doesn't change the fact that if it were as big of a connecting factor as you claim, we'd see more AVA than 1. That's "token presence" AVA.

Edit note:
    Truthfully, it just seems like you want a reason for it to be in a NCA starter. I don't want that. It's something that should be in a blister, not a NCA starter. There are more than enough NCA profiles that should be given that spot rather than some Church scrub.

Bad enough we got fucked over with the Uhlan/Tikbalang bullshit--they couldn't even be bothered to give us the fucking Tikbalang after squatting SAA, they're making us still share that box with another faction we have virtually no overlap with.

#28 kanluwen, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  9. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

I see some wish list with bolts in them, I have 7 bolts right now, do we really need more bolts?

mrstream likes this.
  10. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

It's certainly ironic that we're excited for more Bolt miniatures. But yes, the boarding shotgun is a really hot commodity right now. The BSG features prominently on a lot of the new, most efficient profiles. It also fulfills the "linkable line trooper" niche that we tend to see in starter boxes.

WIshlisting NCA sculpts is kind of an interesting phenomenon. Those of us who play the game probably came up with suitable conversions or proxies long ago. I've used 5 different models / conversions to all represent my Swiss HMG over the years. Ditto with Hexas... If you played NCA, you found a way to put a Hexa KHD on the table, one way or another.

I'd like to see any flavor of Hexa, Aquila MULTI Rifle and Swiss Guard missile (or even light shotgun) depicted, just because I'm curious how CB would depict them. Everyone's interested in the Hexa, but I don't know if that would happen, because there isn't a 3d sculpt for it. With all the new sectorials, there's a ton of units being 3d-designed from scratch, and I doubt there's any room in the development pipeline for old PanO stuff. The Aquila, Swiss and Bolts have a better chance though, since they all have existing 3d designs that just need to be reposed. The Locust too.

#30 barakiel, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  11. kanluwen

It's also the only actual missing sculpt now that they pushed out a Paramedic for Beyond Icestorm.
    That's great. Some of us have done conversions but would rather that a new starter product for the faction have things present to make it so new players(read: something that a game can't actually survive without) don't have to waste time or effort figuring out a proxy/conversion or wondering why no model exists for a profile.

Frankly, the Hexa shares enough design cues with the Locust that it is the way I'd expect things to go.

Look at the 'facemask' the Locust has compared to a Hexa to see what I'm referring to here.

12. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Considering that the worst excesses of the historical Inquisition were at the hands of the secular forces, not the Church?

Well, yes.

13. andre61

So! are we getting a new NCA started box and when? but then again I don't think CB is going to give us a new NCA box set, Never the less here is my wish list, that would be a New Aquila. The old one needs a redo along with the Auxilia.

Neoterran Capitaline Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]6
    HEXA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 27)
    AQUILA MULTI Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 58)
    BLACK FRIAR MULTI Sniper, Nanopulser / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 30)
    AUXILIA Combi Rifle + AUXBOT_1 / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] AUXBOT_1 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
    AUXILIA Combi Rifle + AUXBOT_1 / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] AUXBOT_1 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
    LOCUST (Marksmanship L1) Marksman Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW, Knife. (0 | 33)

1.5 SWC | 176 Points

Open in Infinity Army

#33 andre61, Apr 30, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  14. barakiel

We'd all like a new starter, and we'd all like it to include minis for unrepresented profiles.

But I've never seen a new player's decision to start a game hinge on whether or not a profile is represented with a mini. Sometimes profiles don't have miniatures... That isn't an Infinity-exclusive issue. Since the game doesn't require WYSIWYG, it isn't an issue in gameplay either.

@andre61
    I'd be shocked if the NCA starter was updated. There are nearly a dozen new Sectorials all waiting their turn for different releases.

daboarder and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  15. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

@andre61 I highly doubt we'll see NCA starter this year, and when we'll get one it won't have 8 minis in it. Auxilia could use a new box (and more Auxbot variants), but the starter will be less packed.

This would be perfecly fine:

[​IMG]6
    AQUILA MULTI Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 58)
    HEXA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 27)
    LOCUST Boarding Shotgun, Grenades, Drop Bears / Pistol, Shock CCW, Knife. (0 | 30)
    BOLT Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    BOLT Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    BOLT Boarding Shotgun, Drop Bears / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)

0 SWC | 173 Points

barakiel likes this.
  16. andre61

Ok, it a cool list. but I would toss the Bolts I don't need any more of them, I have 7 bolts and that's good for me.

17. barakiel

The thing to keep in mind is that this box would be for new players too. Sure, a lot of veterans already own a ton of Bolt minis, but that isn't true for a brand-new NCA player.

In the current NCA box, the Bolts are the only miniatures that are current. As a result, they should probably stay in the box.

All the old units should certainly be resculpted though..

andre61, daboarder, Stiopa and 2 others like this.
  18. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Friend of mine used to call them the "SturmJesuits"

Stiopa likes this.
  19. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Exactly. There's a heavy weapon box, but people need to be able to get standard troopers as well, and starter is the best place for these.

barakiel likes this.
  20. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

I would argue they both belong in Blizard force however.

As both the Friar and the Swiss belong in NCA.

Funny, CB agrees on both counts

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation