1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to play 2 vs 1 and 2 vs 2?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by ChoTimberwolf, Apr 29, 2019.

1. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

How would you handle 2 vs 1 or 2 vs 2?
    2 vs 1 the one gets 300 pt the two each 150 and the two play at the same time?
    That would mean the two got the advantage of having 2 Lts and being able to combine two different armies that compliment each other, a good msv2 unit with cheap smoke etc
    Edit: The solo player has the advantage of being able to use the whole 300pt for a complete and decent list. It feels like the 2 players have a slight advantage if they talk with each other and plan their lists together to compliment each other

And 2vs2 everyone 150pts and each team shares a turn?

Are there any good rules already?

Thanks for your help

#1 ChoTimberwolf, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    Wolf likes this.
  2. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

2 vs 2 imo can be played in two ways:

Stressful mode: Everyone rolls for LT, the team that wins the roll chooses. Command tokens are 4 per player but each player can only be affected by strategic use of command tokens once. Both players in a team play their turns in parallel. That often results in analysis paralysis and / or heated discussions among team mates ("Drop me a smoke there!" "No, first I gotta shoot that guy and get the console." "..."). I played a tournament like that once and I honestly can't recommend it.

Chill mode: Everyone rolls for LT, the players who wins chooses. Game turns are separated like this: Team A Player 1, Team B Player 1 (chosen by the team), Team A Player 2, Team B player 2. Again, strategic use of command tokens is limited to 1 against each player. I haven't tried this in a tournament yet, but it just seems a lot more feasible.

2 vs 1 I haven't tried in practice, but I'd go with a turn order similar to the one described above as "chill mode" to avoid. I could also see 400 pts. vs. 200 + 200 pts. to work quite nicely.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  3. ChoTimberwolf

Its not for tournament just for casual it looks like we will be an uneven number of players soon so yeah.
    The advantage of the stress mode is that it allows for more cooperation between the teams but yeah it can be stressful as you pointed out.

4. Ieldin Soecr

Ieldin Soecr Well-Known Member

I'm actualy planing a small team tournament next month using @ZlanKhon s stressful mode with some tweeks. The rules are HERE if you would be interessted (In German, sorry:sweat_smile:)

I also wrote some multiplayer rules a while back for up to 4 players "every man for himself". You could check them out HERE (In english this time).

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  5. ZlaKhon

I should probably add that I didn't create that format, we played like that at the German championship a few years back.
    Good job on writing down all the rules, looks like your format handles some things really nice like the common LT/HVT, single CG,....
    Is your tournament in Munich?

6. Ieldin Soecr

Ieldin Soecr Well-Known Member

Yes it is (LINK)

ZlaKhon likes this.
  7. ZlaKhon

Dang, I'm attending the GMS in Leipzig that weekend.
    Otherwise I'd have told @Tristan228 that its time to bust out the Corregidor + Bakunin party :D

8. ChoTimberwolf

I am german so thats fine I will check the rules out thank you :)
    Munich isn't that far away from me...Nürnberg

9. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Or Corregidor and outsourced Corregidor, I mean StarCo, which is totally not aligned :D
    2vs.2 would be an iteresting Idea for a tournament in Jea though...

10. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

One thing to be aware of is that you get more AROs that way. More ARO phases, I mean.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation