1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New FAQ (11/4/2019)

Discussion in 'News' started by Ayadan, Apr 11, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

Thanks! It's very relevant.

I was shown something similar months ago and I can't seem to find the link. But it certainly opens up possibilities. The only thing that made me remember the older video was that it can power devices.

NFC tags are only like 30 cents each as well. This was the route we were most interested in. I just couldn't remember the name.

You can do all sorts of things like tap the mini to bring up profile info and related rules. Lifting it might show firing range.

#241 Ginrei, Apr 24, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  2. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

This ones extremely old but interesting to see how they use it to show LoF info.

Here it's being used in a board game:

Unfortunately I don't think anyone has made a good product from it yet. Like, I don't understand the need for showing actions on a monitor screen if you're playing with physical minis already.

Abrilete likes this.
  3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

This is very much my position as well.

I would really prefer to spend my social-interaction time with live people face-to-face, not trying to get someone to pay attention to the game instead of his fucking phone.

It makes sure that the game software is 'seeing' the same game that the players are.

4. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

upload_2019-4-23_16-10-15.png

upload_2019-4-23_16-10-54.png

upload_2019-4-23_16-13-14.png

Jumara, moyamoya, Icchan and 11 others like this.
  5. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

@DukeofEarl How about you let the moderator do their job. Or do you get cool points for posting that? NVM, i see you already got those points from @A Mão Esquerda

6. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

On what basis do you think my idea would decrease the amount of face to face time?

Do players not stare at the table to calculate ranges in your meta? Do they not look up rules to see how something interacts? You think having that information already calculated and available means more time spent not looking at you?

7. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Well, considering a moderator has suggested a new thread multiple times and you’ve not cottoned on, seems appropriate, né?

8. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

You must be one of those back seat drivers.

9. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Guys, seriously, take both the bickering and game modification ideas elsewhere. Some people will want to find relevant information about FAQ here, and you're making it harder for them.

10. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

I can't help but think they've all taken the wrong approach. They've made app games and tried to add minis to them. They have this new tech and want to showcase it.

I think the correct approach is to identify how an app or various tech can assist the tabletop genre.
    EDIT: A good comparison would be prepainted minis. We have the tech to do this but if CB provided prepainted minis it takes away from the hobby. I don't see arguing over LoF as something necessary for the enjoyment of tabletop gaming. So if a PC can determine this for us, I say let it.
    Are you a moderator too? What relevant info should be found here? Any dedicated discussion about a single rule should have it's own thread in the rules section. This is in the news section alongside all those monthly release threads.

#250 Ginrei, Apr 24, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  11. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Please make a new thread, probably the new FAQ thread needs one too now...

12. Stiopa

Nah, some people simply need to learn how to behave.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  13. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

Why? I think I deserve to know at what point I should be taking topics to a new thread. I need to know how to behave in the future after all.

14. Stiopa

Well, the moment when the moderator asks you to do so is a good starting point.

Monthly speculation threads are specific, and they always were less about speculation and more about general discussion, cute animals and biltong. Using them as a reference point isn't the best idea.

Robock and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  15. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

They're the perfect reference point. They serve a very clear purpose like the FAQ thread. One discusses new releases, the other discusses a new FAQ. Both in the same section. This would create a clear double standard.

The moment the moderator asks seems like a terrible idea. I can't take back punching you in the face if I've already done it. I'd prefer not to cross this line again in the future. If there are rules governing the kinds of topics and their length somewhere I expect them to be applied to all threads equally. i also want to know where they are. I'm sure these kinds of rules are not simply made up at the moderators whim.

16. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

@psychoticstorm : It's called a thread ban. A moderator tells a given forum member to stop posting in a given thread. Try it. If the member does not listen, the moderator awards the member an involuntary vacation. It works well on other forums.

17. FatherKnowsBest

FatherKnowsBest Red Knight of Curmudgeon

They let that go for a looooong time though.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  18. FatherKnowsBest

Right about now two things are happening at CB HQ:

1) a sexy party

2) someone saying "Well shit, gotta get those hex grids out of the Kickstarter game fast!"

19. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

I've given up hope on this forum being actually moderated. It's just finger wagging and asking nicely. Nice users comply, other users fart in reply and carry on as if nothing happened.

I'm not sure what do you have to do here to get a ban, short of writing a FAQ ;)

20. FatherKnowsBest

A Polish FAQ might do it.

Bellyflop and A Mão Esquerda like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation