1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things I'm Loving and Not Loving Part Deuce: Electric Boogaloose

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Keyrott, Apr 4, 2019.

1. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

I was actually thinking Guardian to be redundant because of G:Synch - and three ‘Martial Arts’ tables is overkill for a game about shooting guns and pushing buttons.

2. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

There is a lot of non-intuitive rules gunk that could be cleared up, come to think of it...

Mines come to mind for me. Apparently placing down ever single variety of a mine ( Monofilament, Viral, Antipersonnel, Cyber, E/Mauler and whatever other ones I'm forgetting. ) have entirely different short skills altogether, for one...

3. dalaule

dalaule Active Member

That's a good point. I'm thinking of Andromeda in particular; the models would probably have to be seperated, but I'm not against that. Would probably help her playability if that was the case.

xagroth likes this.
  4. dalaule

dalaule Active Member

Agree. "Deploy Equipment" should probably be one skill. Could be "abused" with Coordinated Order as it stands now, but I don't think that's a problem.

xagroth, ChoTimberwolf and Abrilete like this.
  5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

The 11APR2019 FAQ is the same size as the N1->N2 change document (that's the one that had the entire paragraph of the rewritten rule).

So we're effectively on N4, just haven't gotten the N3Revised rulebook printed yet.

The problem is that the bonuses are basically just in a different order.

Personally, I'd like Guard to give +1B, or even better act kinda like camo did back in N2, where it not only forced a normal roll, but you didn't even get to ARO if you didn't survive the attack. Though this would have to work the other direction for Guard, where the Guarded model's ARO hits first, and then the Active model's attack can hit if it survived.

Yes, I would really like all the CC skills to be re-compiled. Martial Arts, Protheion, Guard, Natural Born Warrior, etc.

xagroth and Abrilete like this.
  6. Maksimas

Well, to be fair, skills like Berserker and NBW do actually legitimately differ from all the other CC skills, so keeping them separate might be not a bad idea.

xagroth, emperorsaistone and Abrilete like this.
  7. Maksimas

I just find it funny how specially trained black ops forces can't comprehend the concept of putting down stuff in synchronization if it's marginally different stuff.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  8. dalaule

dalaule Active Member

I guess they're such primadonnas, they demand that they get their own order to do it.

9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Size isn't the same as the dignity of what's being changed. You can take an entire page to explain how Sixth Sense does not grant you the ability to shoot through walls and it will not be of the same dignity as stating "Shadow Zones are gone, speculative fire is now effectively shooting homing pigeons"

BLOODGOD likes this.
  10. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

I’d say, we’re at N3.8. The rules are bloated and scattered across multiple books with endless redundancy and badly in need of a complete overhaul and streamlining. :b

Hos, csjarrat and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  11. Maksimas

Imagine some smartypants Monofilament Mine user trying to coordinate with ''filthy Antipersonnel mine troglodytes.''

#31 Maksimas, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  12. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

1 Table, all give Stealth, one "second skill/piece of gear" depending of origin (add to troop's statline):
    MA: Sixth Sense N1, for example.
    Alien MA (AKA Sriga AKA Protheion): "assimilation" (if causes a wound to a target with wounds, +1 wound, tops +2)
    Guardian: Mimetism and/or Ikhol (the "pet" distracts the enemy), the +1B would come already from having a Ghost: servant/sync in melee at the same time (if you reach with it, ofc), also Guardian should have high CC (think Tohaa Kerail's doggos).

Devil_Tiger, Berjiz and dalaule like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation