1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Model Storage Question

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Azuset, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Ceness

Ceness New Member

@dalaule Not really, just lift up one side slightly and slowly lift up the model at the same time. It really helps, especially when using 8+ 5x2mm magnets to secure the big heavy TAG's.
    Just for clarification, the person @Wolf is talking about is me. I'll get round to posting more pictures in the future if anyone wants, but it's pretty much exactly like Wolf said.

@Lesh' may recognise the models...

Lesh', Wolf and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  2. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

The geek in me would like something less ad-hoc, like a piece of ribbon, a thin square of cloth, or a cunning handle of some kind that sits under the base during transit; but the fact is that the square of paper works very well - it's a very elegant solution. :smile:

Ceness likes this.
  3. Daniel Darko

Daniel Darko Well-Known Member
    Warcor

You could print the Logo of the TAG unto the paper. 1 inch seize into the corner, where you plan to start to lift it.
    (I am with you on overthinking.) :wink:

4. Wolf

I like your idea! A small square thin and flexible plastic ‘drinks coaster’ to lie under the miniature with a nicely dog-eared corner to lift it. Then using CB’s graphics, their stock photo of the mini, the unit’s name and Army icon.

It’s another brilliant hobby solution that won’t make me any money! :grin:

(Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that people argue like rabid trolls in the game and rules forum, but when chatting about the miniatures and the fluff, we all get along just fine? :smile:)

#44 Wolf, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    Daniel Darko likes this.
  5. Wolf

Print something like this on to thin translucent plastic, maybe. Then, although I'm not sure how robust this would be over time, you could score the plastic diagonally across the corner where the Combined Army logo is to make a neat dog-ear to grab with fingers.

raicho_coaster.png

It would double as a cool looking drinks coaster for your hobby table, and the best part is that with repeatedly putting the model in place on its picture with the icon, I might just learn to associate those darned unit icons with the actual miniature! :smile:

Section9 and Daniel Darko like this.
  6. dalaule

dalaule Active Member

I think it look cooler with just the icons. CA on one side and the unit icon on one side. Perhaps just the name of the miniature (Raicho Armoured Brigade) would be enough to associate it?

Wolf likes this.
  7. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, of those with Magnetic cases, how many would comfortably carry the models sideways?

I commute a lot by public transit and usually have my models in my messenger bag. I'm tempted to switch to a magnetic box, but can't find anything that will fit in my normal bag vertically.

Wolf likes this.
  8. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

I think the problem with keeping the tray sideways for an extended period of time is that gravity is applying the same sort of force that you're going to be applying when you try to take your models out of the tray. Best case scenario is everything in the box is going to slide to one side of the box (like very expensive refrigerator magnets :scream:) as they get jostled.

You'd probably be better off with one of those "slotted base cage" style boxes (with spacers between the models) if you have to carry the models sideways.

Wolf likes this.
  9. Cannon Fodder

I think I'll stick with my KR multicase. Its back pack\messenger friendly.

10. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

20190419_163100.jpg

So I ordered an A-case and it arrived 2 days later (naturally while I was away on an emergency vet visit). I will have to remove those Warsenal LOF discs while travelling, the magnets I put in them are too brutal, but the miniatures' magnets work nicely and I wouldn't actually be all that worried about having them hang upside down like in picture. Still, side-ways force is a tiny bit dicier but I'm sure they won't be any more damaged than the KR foam does damage (I have not a single straight sword on models with drawn swords... worse yet, sticks)

ChoTimberwolf and Wolf like this.
  11. dalaule

dalaule Active Member

If you can get a vertical toolcase, that'd work, but I agree with previous forces that they will probably slide into eachother. I'd be more comfortable carrying the case upside down than sideways.

Wolf likes this.
  12. Wolf

Yeah, the issue is that most plastic boxes tend to be orientated like a sandwich box - long and wide, but relatively flat; and that their sides tend not to be entirely vertical, and often curved. All of which means putting them sideways into a bike pannier or rucksack, which I think we're agreeing isn't ideal.

There are toolboxes for nuts and bolts and suchlike small items with removable plastic separators that are designed to be carried sideways; something like that might be a way forward. This DeWalt Small Parts Organizer is still a little wide, but the large section is just asking for a Maghariba Guard! :smile:

clear-black-dewalt-small-parts-organizers-dwst14825-64_1000.jpg

13. dalaule

dalaule Active Member

Swap the plastic with equal thickness metal, or just drill some magnets into the plastic, and you've got a decent box, there!

Wolf likes this.
  14. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Just glue in some steel paper!

Xeurian, Wolf and dalaule like this.
  15. Cannon Fodder

Unfortunately my bag switches orientation several times day. When Commuting its vertical on my back. at office horizontally since it doesn't stand well. It also often rotate on the Y axis. Its just not convenient for me.

I was tempted to grab a couple of these boxes and add sheet metal to the bottom. I already added padded dividers to a .7 or .75 to carry some remotes and S3/5 models. Top left of image.

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/usa/html/boxdetails.php
    [​IMG]

If I was going to switch over, I was also thinking of adding a layer of rubber cement to the steel to add some addition horizontal resistance to reduce sliding.

Wolf likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation