1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May we begin?

Discussion in 'News' started by BaronVonZorcula, Apr 2, 2019.

1. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Sadly not great for anything else though.

That kind of model is the perfect example of what 'Bootleg' should have given us.

FatherKnowsBest and Section9 like this.
  2. Cry of the Wind

Cry of the Wind Well-Known Member

The Irmandinho and Zondnautica just got added to my to buy list.

I agree the Irmandinho is a little silly sitting down in battle but honestly these models spend more time in my display case that on the battlefield so it doesn't bother me as much as it might have a few years ago. Its a little outside the box and while Bootleg may have been more appropriate I still love her.

Zondnautica looks better than the renders to me. Like all the poses even if the Zondmate alone is the weakest of the 3. Looks like a Spitfire version right?

All the TAK stuff outside of Coldfront and Beyond isn't really getting my attention the way other Ariadna stuff has.

3. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Sorry to be not so negative here :wink: but from the renders I like the Zondnautica very much. Very cool design.

Zencha in color is as good as it was expected.

I agree that the Irmahinda looks to static on the battlefield. I would get her anyway, maybe more for display. This is more a thing for a pre order mini. But it looks nice.

ObviousGray and Daniel Darko like this.
  4. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

I still want to know if I will be able to magnetise the little witch on the top of full metal Cosmo.

5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yojimbo's standard release came with a dismounted version, but the Maverick dismount was a pre-order-only mini.

edit: I'm going to have to buy several of those Zondnauticas. At least one, but it's getting painted as Priss' Motoslave. Additional models for the rest of the Knight Sabers.

Jashyr likes this.
  6. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

The only question for that should be how much digging (and filling) you want to do mounting the magnets.

The Adepticon preview made a big deal about the witch being removable.

7. kanluwen

That's why I'm surprised anyone would have expected a dismounted version of the Dynamos.

It's the exception rather than the rule.

FatherKnowsBest likes this.
  8. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Yeah, but this is so bad that I can just use Desperadoes or Mavericsk and not bother buying Dynamo models.

9. SKOZZOKONZ

Is that on the cb video or the actual seminar video?

10. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

I guess it was in the in-person part of the seminar. (I looked at the Adepticon video on CB's YouTube channel, and I didn't see it mentioned, but I remember Bostria showing a with and without picture with accompanying cheer.)

11. SKOZZOKONZ

Oh rad, I was trying to find a video of the actual seminar but couldn't. The witch being removable, possibly magnetizeable would work right into my plans.

12. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

I double checked that I wasn't making things up. Bostria says that it's removable (right after mentioning that they're planning on doing the special spell book book for the figure. It's the 47:00 minute mark of this video:

SKOZZOKONZ and Section9 like this.
  13. Section9

Thanks for going through all that effort!

14. Lothlanathorian

Lothlanathorian Not a custom title

Not having dismounted sculpts is the reason I’ll never use mounted troops.

sackofowls and Daniel Darko like this.
  15. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

That's nice, but how about we give me my fucking bikes back before we decide there are too many bikes in the game.

16. kanluwen

It helps to mention what faction you are.

Although realistically, YJ doesn't need anything that JSA had.

MikeTheScrivener likes this.
  17. Section9

Eh, it really only applies to tough bikers like Kum or the Montessa. Aragoto usually get shot to crap before they dismount.

But if you're really hurting for dismounted Aragoto, the Celestial Guard models make a good proxy (or base for a conversion, since the Aragoto back is very different). I think I'd use Grunts for the dismounted Mavericks and probably Foxtrots for the Desperadoes, probably basic Line Kazaks for the dismounted Dynamos.

I beg to differ.

After the Uprising, YJ had lost a Superior Infiltrating big game hunter, and had lost the mobility of bikes. Not to forget the Super-jumping Climbing-Plus Shikami running across the rooftops. And the slightly cheaper, V:Courage-enhanced Doc/Engineers. Oh, and just about all their CC capacity.

Xeurian and Abrilete like this.
  18. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

While you can say that about literally any faction and any of their sectorials (yes. ANY), there are some key roles that are (still) missing.

So it's not that Oniwaban is not replaceable, but so far there's been no replacements.

19. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Every other faction gets on fine without the Oniwaban I'm sure YJ can manage too

20. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I think the main problem wasn't that Uprising took the JSA away, but that the IA didn't show up until months later.

If IA would immediately take JSA's place, there would be far less negative feelings.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation