1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you like to seee in the shasvasti rework?

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by tokumei, Feb 27, 2019.

1. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

This is my assumption; it doesn't contain the magic phrase about timing, but it only makes sense to me to act as though it does.

Stealth is optional, right? But also this.

2. Bellyflop

Bellyflop Well-Known Member

Reread reset in the wiki. Your opponent can always declare reset if you are in their zone of control.

3. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I know, but if opponent declares Reset then I can simply shoot him in the back unopposed, or just move. If he declares Change Facing I can scan him without allowing the chance to Reset.

4. Bellyflop

Bellyflop Well-Known Member

From your example earlier you were scanning after hatching, and implying that the hatch skill didnt allow your opponent to choose reset as an aro.

5. Stiopa

No. I know he can, but like I'm saying, I can always take advantage of his ARO with my second short skill, whatever he chooses. Most of the time I'll be in position to maneuver into his rear arc, so opponent will choose Change Facing. Ant that allows me to scan without any option to defend. If the Cadmus uses Stealth for the whole order - including Autohatch - it's another matter.

6. Math

Math Active Member

A stupid question but what happened to the Aswuangs? Did we lose them? Are they official proxies for something?

(I've been away from Infinity for basically most of the third edition waiting for the Shasvastii update)

7. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

You can proxy them for any model you want as per official proxy rules.

A Mão Esquerda and Math like this.
  8. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

While you can pretty much use the model for anything now, they did sort of merge the Aswang and Caliban profiles. So I suppose it depends on how many Aswang and Caliban models you have for what you would want to use it for...

A Mão Esquerda and Math like this.
  9. Math

Math Active Member

Ah! Brilliant! I guess I kinda glazed of the Caliban as I don't own any but yeah - they look like the perfect fit. Even have a Chain of Command profile to use while waxing nostalgic about Aswuang Lieutenants.

Now I just need to figure out how to build a (at least semi) functional force out of the minis I have...

10. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I've got to remember all this! I did it as two separate orders! I was able to at least get the scan off on some of the new Mukhtars. This gave me a BS13 with a boarding shotgun. Also a Move of 6-2 if I had a chance to use it.

Another thing to remember: Embryo's are Size 0. Including the decoys. My decoys were taken away by shots when they landed but one shouldn't have because it landed on a building above shooters. At size 0 it should not have been seen.

I think taking 2 of the cheapest one, boarding shotgun, can really play havoc with the enemy.

Stiopa and LoganGarnett like this.
  11. Space Ranger

Anyone know if there's a Dazer marker image yet?

12. thirteenpixels

thirteenpixels Well-Known Member

13. Space Ranger

Thanks @thirteenpixels but I meant a download of markers. They also need it for Tri-Core and Stratus Cloud.

Hecaton likes this.
  14. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Really wish the sphinx had got a profile update. Maybe when the new model drops we'll see one - like what happened with the Raicho.
    Don't get me wrong, the current profile is great. But an alt profile with like... idk.... 2x Plasma Rifle would be cool.

Just seems like a missed opportunity, especially when there's a badass new model (which appears to have a jetpack?)

15. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Dude you need to warn me before saying something like that, now I need a change of pants.

16. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I actually think that'd be overpowered.

17. Stiopa

This reminds me how much I like Warsenal marker designs, how much I'd like to get a set from them, and how disappointing it is that they don't make 40 and 55 markers :/

We're prodding CB with a stick over this. Koni is back from holiday next week, I'll remember to remind them.

Regarding Sphinx - it's perfectly fine as is. MOV 6-6 hidden C+ small TAG with great loadout? Yes please. It got much better now simply due to how the rest of the army makes it easier to support the monster. And I really like the current sculpt, too.

#497 Stiopa, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    McNamara and Nemo No Name like this.
  18. thirteenpixels

thirteenpixels Well-Known Member

Stiopa likes this.
  19. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

They do make 40mm camo markers, and 55mm 3D Camo and TO Camo markers. They’re just separate product entries for some reason.

It would probably be worth prodding them about making Motorcycle markers, if that’s what you’re looking for.

Stiopa likes this.
  20. Stiopa

@thirteenpixels, @solkan - really? That's good news. I've asked them last year and they've replied that there weren't planning large tokens, apparently something changed. Time to check my needs and means, I think...

Ah, I think I was happy too soon. They create large acrylics, but not the magnetic ones. Oh well.

#500 Stiopa, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation