1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Model Storage Question

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Azuset, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

Hello Players,

I am getting my remotes together for Yu Jing. Im using mostly the Yu ching models except for the EVO. I like the Nomad models better. I will be painting them up properly for the Jade Empire of course.

I picked up one of the battle-foam bags for infinity. It has 1 thick tray of pluck foam. My plan was to double them up by stacking them tall with foam inbetwen them in a 4x4 (pluck foam column size) because they have pretty low profiles. I thought this was a great place to put them but im not sure any more because how flimsy the pluck foam is.

How do you store your REMs? Do you use battlefoam, if so how?

Thanks!

Abydog likes this.
  2. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

I use feldherr's mini plus bag with pluck out foam for REMs and TAG
    [​IMG]
    so far satisfied.

Abydog and Azuset like this.
  3. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

That looks good. Maybe I will fill in the slots so its not so deep. I think its 3 or 4 inches deep with my pluck foam tray.

4. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Recently Ive changed from feldherr foam to A-Case Victory magnetic box.

Magnets seems really cool, only problem I have is fact Ive uaed quite strong magnetswhich are glued on the edge of base thus resulting in minis "glueing together" on table id they are put in b2b with each other ;/

Abydog, meikyoushisui and Abrilete like this.
  5. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Automatic Autonomous Fireteams!
    You just move the leader and the rest follows :p

coleslaw, Wolf, Abydog and 1 other person like this.
  6. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

I recently got a tablewar case. Bit pricey but worth every penny

7. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

I went ahead and put some super glue on the foam. Thankfully it worked. :)

I should be able to stack the now that the walls are reinforced.

8. Tom McTrouble

Tom McTrouble Well-Known Member

I can second that A-Case is outstanding. I've solved the the problem described above by cutting out a space in the center of the base for each magnet, which is a little bit of a pain but the case is absolutely worth it, best transport option I've used by far.

eciu and meikyoushisui like this.
  9. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

I have the gen-1 A-Case and I love it enough I am probably going to go up to the next size up in their current Kickstarter.

10. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I'm a fan of magnetic storage, too, but I'm using tins for that. Especially when we're talking storage. With over 200 Infinity models, there's quite a bit of that!
    ...and obviously I don't carry all of that to a game. Smaller cans used there.

ChoTimberwolf, Lesh' and Abydog like this.
  11. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I'm currently using a KR Miniature Cases bag with pluck foam (J2H) for my REMs. The 40mm REMs I pick one normal section of foam and just stick the REM down the hole nose first. For the larger REMs, I remove one normal section and one "in between" section and stick the REM down nose first. For Yan Huo, same hole config as 55mm REM but instead stick them down side-first.

I'm seriously considering moving to A-Case now that an increasing amount of my miniatures has proper magnets, and then use foam for longer term storage.

12. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Any tips for doing so ?

I was medittating about drill, but then lot of my minis still have metal pins or base slugs which are in the middle ;/

13. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of the KR Multicases. specifically the half & quarter size boxes for infinity, and if I'm looking for just carrying a specific list I'll use a small chessex case). In the past I've used Sabot cases (multiple cases for WM/H) and Battle foam 216 & 432 (for malifaux), but I don't like having dedicated bags for my models. Often I carry them in my 'work' bag that also carries a laptop. Just to give you some context. I live in montreal and we have a very good public transit system and use the metro\subway to get around, so having a giant suitcase is not something I like to lug around. If you use car this might not be as good for you.

My day to day bag is a the Timbuk2 Message bag. I have the Large Commute V1, but they don't make that version any more. I live out of that bag. Even with my work laptop, I can fit my infinity KR cases along with my accessories. The main compartment doesn't have any dividers and fairly deep.

For the KR Trays I like the following
    M4H (25 models) - This will fit smaller S2 profile, but most JUST fit.
    N4H (20 Models) - Virtually all S2 should fit. Is taller and will fit most snipers with up facing rifles.
    F4H (18 Models) - Good for Beefy HI S2 profiles. Wider that just the 25mm base.
    D2H (Pluckfoam) - good for remotes, S3-S4 models. S7 Tags SHOULD fit sideways, but I prefer dedicated cases for tags.

I have half size cases, But I prefer quarter size. I often just leave my remotes behind, or use custom mini case. As you can see below I can fit 2 Quarter cases and my accessories case in the main compartment of my messenger bag.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#13 Cannon Fodder, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    Azuset likes this.
  14. dalaule

dalaule Active Member

I use magnets, tiny ones on the bottom of the base. Haven't had a problem with the models trying to stick together. Apply glue to the indented bottom side of the base and glue the magnet in.

Then I bought a cake tray (yes), and use it to transport my minis. I can even have the tray upside down, and the minis won't fall out! The "only" problem is to get them out of the tray, some of them need a bit of wiggling to (I guess?) release some of the magnetism or something?

Attached Files:

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  15. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

I also use magnets, put a metal sheet into a briefcase, magnets on my units even a tag. Can drive them around in a saddle bag for my bicycle without any problems, they all hold really well ;)

Wolf and Errhile like this.
  16. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I'm magnetising my figures in a rather brutal fashion; one or two 700g magnets or a 700g and a 450g magnet. Then I stick a Warsenal LOG disc underneath which is fitted with two 750g magnets. Between them I've glued a thick piece of paper tp the top of the LOF disc and a very fine grain wetsand paper to the bottom of the LOF disc (to prevent them from spinning at slightest provocation).

Not having much problems with them jumping ontop of each other as each magnet has the same orientation, but I foresee some problems with the board I'm building (each 5cm has a magnet with attracting polarization) and occasionally I'll have some models who... doesn't quite like each other and would prefer if the had an extra 5mm distance between them.

In either case, I can stick my models to my fridge and not risk them being detached. Possibly the cat would have problems detaching them as well...

DrunkCorsair and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  17. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

I store all of my mini using magnet (plastic pre-cut magnet disc, http://www.cenotaphe.net/en/cenoshop/magnets/round-magnets/). It's cheap (25 mm magnet are sold 12€ for 50) and easy. Magnet power is sometime a bit weak for 25 mm base (it won't resist strong shock) but it's perfect for 40mm and 55mm base (the ration weight vs magnet power is much better)

Regarding transport, I use an A-Case. You can easily transport 4 or 5 list in one A-Case.

[​IMG]

Regarding storage, basic metal toolbox are the best. It's cheap (hardware store sell them for around 15€ : https://www.castorama.fr/boite-a-outils-cantilever-en-metal-43-cm/3663602904885_CAFR.prd) and can store a huge number of mini : the top area can store most 25 mm mini and the bottom area can store 40/55mm and huge 25mm (huge meaning : the ones with erect swords or gun pointed to the sky). Plastic camo marker (like the one from customeeple) can be magnetized and stored on the side of the bottom area.

For reference, in one toolbox, you can store around 200 25mm minis, 35 to 40 big base mini (depending on the ration between 40 and 55 mm base) and 40 camo marker.

Azuset, Wolf and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  18. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I have the old Battlefoam bag with that big chunk of pluck-foam in the bottom, that's where I stashed my TAGs.

Everything else sits on top of that piece (filled to overflowing!), and I have no troubles with the bottom foam crushing under the weight.

19. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Storage: They live in a battlefoam deep tray in my cupboard of shame.
    I've had issues with this company in the past. One of their cases that ... had issues ... and got returned to them. The trays, however, were bought separately and I've had no issues with.
    They get transferred to a Knights of Dice tray/case for transport to games (2 half size infantry trays can hold 30 infantry), 1 large model tray (can hold up to 5 S5/S6 models plus 1 S7 TAG - or 2 more S5/6)

20. Daniel Darko

Daniel Darko Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I am using Feldherr foam for transport. Some S2 troops are a bit too big for the 4 by 6 grid. While bigger 40k-units just get a cut-out to fit (I cut a wall to make two sections in one), the Proxy Mk2's fine weapon is too often bend after transport to feel comfortable with. Phoenix even had enough space to roll around and break his wrist! And other troops scratch uncomfortably loud while being taken out of the foam (especially the aerocam!)

I am absolutely positive to try the magnetic solution. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and opinions. And thank you, Commander @Azuset, for this thread!

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation