1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dart Use?

Discussion in 'Human Fate' started by Flipswitch, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Spellbreaker90

Spellbreaker90 Well-Known Member

I don't like Murtair myself, but to be honest his super jump ability is really good on the Side B mission.
    I really likes the new scenario cause they give a lot of life to the less played Aristos.

Another example is 8-ball. I don't really like the panda in Side A mission because I don't think he get a lot done while in Side B I think he is really strong thank to more cumpled objective and 1 single displace being super effective.

2. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Exactly this, furthermore I think you had a very strong team but I just can't see how that team wouldn't be much better off with either Lunah or Wild Bill, especially when you consider both Lunah and Wild Bill have absolutely awesome tactics to boot, while Dart's are awful to borderline useless.

3. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

I actually quite like some of Darts tactics but they are clunky, I completely agree. The one edge Dart has over Lunah in this situation is being able to be used as a scorer with Hidden & Ambush. Otherwise completely agree.

4. Damiel

Damiel Domaru sexytorizado :3
    Warcor

Think about not having Parvati/Laxmee, and having Musashi with a beautiful :G: state... Wouldn't you exchange the state for 1 damage?

:3

5. Spellbreaker90

Yeah, but it's sub optimal, I don't think anyone will put Dart in his team to remove status from his Aristos. It's a nice option to have, but if you play a Musashi that is weak to state you will probably have a Parvati or Laxxme with him.

If you want to start to pull out some weight with Dendro you need her to both remove state and do damage to enemy.

I would like Dendro more if for 2 AP when it removed Burning or Poison state it will proc the damage from those status in addition to the one from Dendro, I think that for an action that cost 2 AP and roll 2 yellow would't had been OP.

6. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

I wonder if you realize you can remove status from their blue side. Meaning you can first :H:taunt somebody, at the end of his activation he will be no longer :H:taunted, but the status will stay on their blue side at least until the next activation. That status token can be removed to deal 1:4:. Basically, every status is a potential unpreventable damage from Dart.

Roadrunner7431 likes this.
  7. Spellbreaker90

I know, but you have to notice that the enemy must be affected by a status fpe Dendro to take effect. This means that you have to spend 2 AP for Dendro + X action point to place the status. At this point I prefer a lot more Lunah covering fire, where you can do an un avoidable damage and if that fail you can still place a -2 MoV on the enemy.
    I think Dendro is really cost effective only when the enemy place buff on his Aristos and you remove it in addiotanal to dealing damage.

Croepoek likes this.
  8. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

I agree with @treiral that every status token (blue side or red side) is a potential unpreventable damage form Dart. We have characters that always seem to be carrying at least one status token. Dart gets within 5 spaces of a marked Prysm, uses Dendro-nanoids and if successful deals a point of damage and removes Marked so that Pulsing Light which in itself does not require LOS might force an Attack that if LOS is required may not be valid and not mandatory. Also what enemy Parvati tends to be in the Hexadome without an extra + Initiative token whether red or blue?

treiral likes this.
  9. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

Well, the idea is that you are already placing the status for some effect, that you are already playing a heavy status based team to do stuff like :G:immobilizing Musashi, or :S:Dazzling Wild Bill. And then you take advantage of that synergy, when the status wears off a wild Dart appears and do 1:4: damage.
    Sure, Lunah is probably my favourite aristo because its versatility in regards of damage and control. Shooting suppressive fire and adding extra :.: is my tactic of choice. But it's a trade off, since picking Lunah over Dart means leaving behind :O::D: and shooting from range 2.

10. Chikahiro

Chikahiro Well-Known Member

I'd disagree to a point. I've used it as a painful way to remove a particularly crippling Status effect (like taking Dazzle off of Hannibal). I think it would also turn Burning from being a chance to damage to guaranteed damage. Or, if the other team is just going to remove it soon anyhow (via Pavarti), its a choice.

I think its good, but the nature of it requires thinking about the tradeoff. Certainly, a topic worth exploring given some characters get bonuses from targets with a requisite status effect on them (Valkryie and Señor Massacre come to mind).

11. Spellbreaker90

I understand your point on Dart guys, but I think that at end of the day Dart main role is that of a ranged DPS and in that spot she has to compete against Wild Bill and Lunah for her place in the Team. I don't think Dendo nanoids is enough for her to take the position.

Maybe I will play Dart in a team that like to play with Posion effect, something like :

Dart
    Eclypse
    Bachman
    Hammerhead.

Flipswitch likes this.
  12. Chikahiro

Ranged Damage, but I’m really not sure she’s supposed to be comparable to Lunah or Wild Bill. It’s relatively safe damage if it’s from Hidden, but otherwise...

I’d say she’s not spike damage (Lunah and Wild Bill) so much as damage over time. And Dendroids seems to do damage as a side bonus (or side effect if used on an ally) for removing a state. I wouldn’t necessarily consider it to be a major damage dealer as such. It’s NICE but damage shouldn’t be the primary goal IMO.

13. Stompburger

Stompburger Member

My Major Lunah rolls are always terrible, but Dart has rolled pretty well for me so far so I think she's probably better :grin:

Seriously though, you can't discount the free :O: - sure, a melee character can just run up and frag her, but that's pretty much the *only* way to do it - Major Lunah and Wild Bill are useless against her. Not to mention that fragging her will take the melee character's whole action and will put them out of position, only for her to drop in next round and hide again. Having a threat on your team who can only be dealt with by a melee character and who is immune to most support abilities restricts your opponent's options (Koorie Queen is similar, but with more mobility and utility, and less damage)

14. Dayman

Dayman Member

Just to chime in here (long time lurker, huge Aristeia fan) from experience in using Dart in the last few game (took her as a lark to try some tactics shenanigans with Bachman) she's became my fave ranged Dps by a country mile. Prior to now I was a wild bill fanatic but Dart... Its the :O: state that does it.

Being able to attack with no retaliation, and using a  against the opponent is mean. Further to this she has no use for her own :1: during this attack, which negates any the enemy may look to use to block your :2:. And finally there will be a lot of :3::3: which can be used to add :D: to the enemy

I was regularly deleting, or hamstring an enemy per activation with no retaliation, as any of the melee fighters sent her way, would either be killed, or would not be being used for scoring. Win win for me.
    She survives games largely free of debuffs, too.
    Plus with how easily she can dish out poison it can be devastating to play her batrachotoxin and predatory instinct tactics. It's lethal. When adding in Bachman to the mix it gets borderline overpowered (killed all four of the enemy aristos simultaneously on the second activation)

Cannot rate her highly enough.

15. Flipswitch

Good to see such a large variety of thoughts - I love it.

16. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

So do I.

:blush:

17. Chikahiro

“There’s only one way to play” is a really boring mentality, so I’m happy to see all the different opinions :)

18. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Yeah it's nice seeing people getting mileage out of her. I found her crap the three times I've tried her but I'm obviously doing something wrong or just not encountered the scenarios I'd have been glad of her in

19. Flipswitch

Sometimes it's just the dice too. I've had games where Major Lunah has done nothing for four rounds.

20. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Yeah she's another one I've benched. Feel she needs Hannibal to get reliable damage through. Had too many "close, but not close enough" results with her or just had her shut down hard by kozmo and gata

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation