1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is extreme Impetuous Cancelled by Fireteam?

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by BlazyCrane, Apr 9, 2019.

1. BlazyCrane

BlazyCrane Active Member

I recently picked up The Hungaries box and a lot of my more recent list includes the cheap Oznat, Raktorak, and 3 Pretas. But looking at their rules, the Pretas are Extremely Impetuous. Is this ability cancelled out by being in a Fireteam like with Normal Impetuous?

If not and they have to make a move in the Impetuous phase, will the fireteam move with it as well if it is a team leader?

2. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Yes. Read up on the hungries control device in the wiki and it explains everything about how pretas and gakis work with the Oznat.

3. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 2.15.39 PM.JPG

second bullet point!

inane.imp, daboarder, Wolf and 2 others like this.
  4. BlazyCrane

BlazyCrane Active Member

Zewrath likes this.
  5. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

My recollection (whilst on the move with no time to research the rules, I apologise) is that Hungries Control Device and [the Yu Jing exploding units device] have a subtly different mechanism, which is ultimately the same in practice as the normal Fireteam membership effects that @colbrook has nicely linked us, there. Can anyone confirm or deny that, and provide further explanation if appropriate?

#5 Wolf, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  6. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

Well, fracking Fireteams; what can we say? It's almost a different game to my mind, and in conversation, one of the Directors agreed that it's certainly much more complicated. I squarely blame @ijw. :grin:

7. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

See Mike’s answer. It’s not directly related to the Control Devices in any way, it’s simply being in a Fireteam that nullifies Impetuoue of any type.

WarHound and daboarder like this.
  8. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

9. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

There are some differences caused by the control devices.

By the regular fireteam rules, an impetuous trooper goes back to being impetuous once it leaves the fireteam.
    By the Hungies Control Device, an Hungry or Petra that leaves a fireteam won't go back to being impetuous until the next turn. (And a live model with a control device is needed to make the fireteam, if you need to make a new one. The existing pack can still run around in the fireteam, but won't be able to make a new one without a working control device.) The Kuang She control device doesn't do that.

What difference does it make in practice? Hungries and Petras being able to benefit from cover after leaving the fireteam for the rest of the turn. But you've got to protect your Oznats. Kuang Shi don't benefit from cover after leaving the fireteam.

Not going to guess why.

daboarder and Wolf like this.
  10. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Personal convos with gutier mate. The like you and I canne ken ;)

11. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Pretty sure there's no legal way to form a Hungries team after deployment. Best to invest in TeamPro if you want to keep them linked after they hit AROs.

12. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Also I'm pretty sure the Hungries device is so different is because it also has to change the model to Regular training instead of Irregular. If you switched that outside of the orders count phase it could get kind of confusing.

daboarder likes this.
  13. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Yeah, there is that thing about making them Regular.

Oh, right. Forgot about that part. Shows you how much I've tried to use them recently. :zipper_mouth_face:

I'm trying to remember... I think there were discussions way back when about using a Hungries fireteam on turn one, and then switching during the impetuous phase or something to get the regular orders and the impetuous moves. I guess the Kuang Shi can't duplicate the same sort of havoc that a Gaki can accomplish in that situation.

toadchild likes this.
  14. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Just for redundant accuracy: the common quality of Control Devices is that they enable you to buy a specific unit; the ability to form a fireteam is unique to the Hungries Control Device as is the removal of irregular while in the fireteam. Kuang Shi and Traktor Control Devices do not provide this feature. In case of Kuang Shi, the Control Device functions similar to FTO (and as detonator) and in case of Traktor Muls they simply can't join a Fireteam.

daboarder and Wolf like this.
  15. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Because of the Irregular/Regular difference between Hungries and Kuang Shi. That said, I don't know why it was written as referring to the Player Turn instead of 'while in the Fireteam' or similar wording.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation