1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Limited Insertion and 17 orders

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Stun Grenades are on the profile I like least of Tai Sheng, but even so tossing them on a Heckler is 20% chance of stunning (or 32%vs20% if you got within Jamming distance) which isn't a permanent fix unless you can also combo that with a Zhencha, and then we're talking about a very sizeable order investment and a very significant portion of your army concentrated on a very cheap unit. Unless you can afford to let the Heckler/Zulu/etc come after you next turn when you won't be able to retaliate.

2. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

Well, in our meta this thing is considered as a more useful:

Invincible Army
    ─────────────────

ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Duo, Tactical Awareness) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife.
    TAI SHENG Breaker Combi Rifle, Chain-colt + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / Heavy Pistol, Knife.
    HǍIDÀO Engineer Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife.
    ZÚYǑNG Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife.
    PANGGULING FTO (Repeater) Light Shotgun / Electric Pulse.
    HǍIDÀO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife.
    MÓWÁNG (NCO) Spitfire, Flammenspeer / Heavy Pistol, Knife.
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife.
    ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife.
    WÈIBĪNG Yaókòng Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse.

6 SWC | 296 Points

http://army.infinitythegame.com/ind...KjYFIIBOOgmQ45YoWm6M0hFHTC0wCOQqKtSUysF0ABW0A

3. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

Given the heavy flamethrower outranges the jammer, I've been contemplating the Lu Duan as a midfield sweeper - Holoechoes to clear any protective mines and maybe cause a jumpy player to leave camo, and then intuitive flame them from a distance...

Azuset, Section9 and Mahtamori like this.
  4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

True, I'm having the problem of our tables always having lateral opportunities and sticking repeaters and similar units on the second floor of buildings means those tactics just stop working.

5. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

Does a mine go off if a repeater is used in its trigger area?

6. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

No, as the model that is activating is out side of the mine's trigger area. Repeaters never activate therefore dont trigger deployables.

7. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Well that's kinda the one you want to protect. Nobody's hacking you if you brain fry their hackers first, and have your Haidao positioned as the point man so they've gotta get past him to hack the other dudes because eating -12s on AROs from him is basically a death sentence.

Zencha can safely approach and delete most Jammers, and they're probably the most reliable option to handle it.

Obviously they can't solve Ghazi but I'm sure everyone agrees the Ghazi profiles a retarded as hell and should've been nuked from orbit a long time ago.

8. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Isn't that true for every LI list, especially played in LI event? Going by recent discussion of that specific issue.

9. Triumph

Yes. The difference between this list and your average LI list though is it can come at you with 70% more orders, which is new.

Personally I like that profile more because it has the grenades, gives the Zuyong link an indirect attack vector that they're otherwise lacking.

Section9 and Maksimas like this.
  10. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Yes, I realize that. I was just mentioning that because it's hardly a list-specific downside as long as LI is the format.

11. Triumph

Oh right, I'm not talking about this in the actual limited insertion tournament format. Probably should've titled the thread single combat groups or something instead.

12. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Plus, there's no real reason to take the Tinbot profile when you're going to be taking a TacAwareness Tinbot profile anyway. Redundancy would be the only reason I can think of right now.

13. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

How does the Chaiyi give and an addtional -3?

14. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Firewall.

15. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

I looked up Firewall but how do I know if a unit has Firewall?

Does firewall only work within the Hacker Area? or is Firewall a AOE buff that covers the table. This is my first time encountering this rule.

16. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

Can you elaborate on this? How can IA setup a good Sat-lock setup? What does that look like on the Army list and how is it applied on the the battle field?

17. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

If an ennemy hacker tries to hack you through one of your repeater the firewall rule applies. Another way to benefit from firewall is if your hacker is an HI and you used the fairy dust supportware programm earlier this turn.

inane.imp likes this.
  18. HellLois

HellLois What the Hell...Lois?
    CB Staff

Trus me, we did ;)

19. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

EVO + Weibang + Chaiyi + (Spec Fire / Guided)

Move Chaiyi within 8" of target, place Sniffer.
    Declare Move + Sat Lock with Weibang.
    Declare Spec Fire / Guided.

It's extremely difficult to stop without long ranged AROs and is highly effective vs Camo (you can happily Sensor rather than Sat Lock if you need to deal with maased Camo).

Azuset likes this.
  20. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

I tried a 16 order list since I wanted the KHD as a little hacking protection for the HIs. I found you need a little bit of sneak in the list. Just going for direct blunt force trauma in the teeth doesn't always work. A little smoke really slows this list down. Just having the KHD in the list gives you non-LOS attack on limited number of targets. Normally you have your HIs run from repeaters, the KHD LOVES them and runs to them.

Azuset likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation