1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think the change to Total Immunity was a mistake

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Hecaton, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Andre82

Andre82 Well-Known Member

Personally I am a fan of this change from a KISS design argument.
    As for balance, I am not sure... I have been getting work out of McMurrough.

2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Is it TI change or is it more the fact that he doesn't run into gunfire anymore? I think that's a way bigger deal on him.

3. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

ARM4 unit with 3W.

And you still need to hit first.

4. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Mostly ARO. Or some unit (which escapes my memory) which has much higher ARM than BTS (is there such unit?).

5. AngryPanda

AngryPanda Well-Known Member

That's all fair enough. I just can't get over the fact that units that have Arm 3 in their profile just have Arm 6 all the time, without exception. If it worked like Bioimmunity and you'd get to chose to use BTS against weapins that usually ask for it, that would be different. But this way it just invalidates a main profile entry.

6. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

It's inelegant but that's the nature of living rules sometimes you wind up with vestigial limbs of older designs. They could've just made the Karakuri 6 ARM as well and not charged them extra points for it if they wanted it to be neat and tidy.

7. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

I like the new total immunity rule. I don't like the flash pulse spam that we see on the battlefield lately. Having it a litlle less efficient is a good thing imo.

I have no idea if ARM / BTS 6 Karakuri was intended, but that is indeed probably a little too much. Maybe they should have add a vulnerability to EM. Or reduce their BTS to 3 at the same time. It doesn't make them immune to hacking btw.

8. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

To be perfectly honest, I don't think the Total Immunity changes has anywhere near the same potential gameplay impact as the increase in E/M weapons has the potential to be.

krossaks and Hachiman Taro like this.
  9. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

I think the general change of the rule and mechanic is great, but I do think that in every case it should have been rolled out with a more comprehensive list of vulnerabilities. Karikuri and sun-Tze for example being immune to E/M, breaker, K1 and mono feels like anti design - it doesn't make sense and it feels wrong.

It's also removed the flavour from the likes of loup garou, where the whole point is that if your not packing viral to kill them you can at least stun them and overwhelm brute force with tactics and teamwork.

Going non lethal isn't an especially used option anyway in situations where you can deal damage instead with the same target values and this has pretty thouroughly removed the niche where they were actualy worthwhile.

10. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

For what it's worth, all Loup Garou apart from the Sniper have either Viral Rifles or Adhesive Launchers, with full effect on a Dog Warrior.

11. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Or how about charge them the extra points because that'd be fair. You're arguing for a less balanced game.

12. Hecaton

What about those Stun Grenades (that used to be Flash, back when doggos were immune to stun) that they all have?

Abrilete likes this.
  13. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

And Stun grenades (or Stun LGL) just for lulz.

Teslarod likes this.
  14. Hecaton

Flash pulse spam exists because having non-expendable defensive pieces is a sucker's game.

jimbo slice likes this.
  15. ijw

16. Hecaton

Yeah overall it feels unfinished, like a deadline hit or CB lost interest halfway through and went to go work on Defiance and left Total Immunity changes half-finished.

17. Hecaton

No, it's actually very relevant. The fluff for why they have that gear now makes no sense. I'm just pointing out that your apologetics are insufficient.

Scrap square likes this.
  18. ijw

What apologetics? Aspect Graviton posted about not having Viral, I posted a reminder about ADHLs. No more, no less.

19. Hecaton

@Aspect Graviton also used the word "stun" in a way that referenced stun grenades.

20. ijw

Yes. And?

That doesn't remove the ADHLs, and Aspect Graviton appears to be happy with my reply as he's liked it.

A Mão Esquerda and Nemo No Name like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation