1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expanding from the IA starter box

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Forté, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Forté

Forté Well-Known Member

Hi and thank you for taking the time to look this over.

I've had a read through the pinned IA tactics. Looking to use IA as I like the idea of low model count as I'm more likely to actually paint them, plus I do like a good looking heavy infantry and these really do look great.

Basically, I'm looking for a couple of initial useful additions to the basic starter box which looks to set up like this below:

Starter box──────────────────────────────────────────────────[​IMG]6
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 (Minelayer) MULTI Sniper, Antipersonnel Mines / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    LIÚ XĪNG Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 38)

HǍIDÀO (Chain of Command) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    ZÚYǑNG Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (2 | 36)
    ZÚYǑNG Boarding Shotgun / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 26)
    4.5 SWC | 195 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

I'm thinking of maybe the following options:
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Duo, Tactical Awareness) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    Looks to be a strong member for any Zúyong link team.

HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37)
    MSV L2 for camo. Would likely change the Daoying loadout is using this.

WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)
    Cheap point filler.

YĀN HUǑ (FTO) 2 Missile Launchers / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 52)
    Not sure on this. Link possibility over the HMC is what I'm thinking really.

Interested to know your thoughts.

Many thanks.

2. Forté

Forté Well-Known Member

Perhaps build to something along these lines?

Starter box+?──────────────────────────────────────────────────[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37)
    ZÚYǑNG Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (2 | 36)
    ZÚYǑNG Boarding Shotgun / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 26)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Duo, Tactical Awareness) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 38)

DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)

LIÚ XĪNG Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 32)

HǍIDÀO Engineer Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, D.E.P., Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)

WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)
    6 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

3. Stuffist

Stuffist Well-Known Member

I would say high prio stuffs are:
    - HMG Zuyong if you don't want to proxy
    - Remotes (both for Son-Bae and Pangguling)
    - Probably Zencha

You can proxy-swap Haidao and Daoying to play the Haidoa Sniper profile with the Daoying sniper from the box, and the Daoying hacker lt profile with the Haidao).

Regarding the Yan Huo, I don't think it's a key IA piece (and I would rather have tje HRMC over the dual ML).

Forté likes this.
  4. Forté

Forté Well-Known Member

Thank you @Stuffist
    That's a really good point about proxies actually. Force of habit that I always look at the minis for WYSIWYG.

Reckon I will go for the HMV Zuyong as it seems pretty useful.

Not too sure on the REM minis at the moment. I'll try and have a better look at them as the box art may not help.

Do have my eyes on the Zencha mini once it's released. Looks good though it seems people would've preferred the SMG profile.

I'll definitely hold off on a Yan Huo for now. Thank you for the reply

#4 Forté, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  5. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

As for purchase The IA starter & the YJ starters are almost mandatory.

YJ Starter: The Tiger is an easy proxy for a second Lui Xing and Hsein is proxy for Tai Sheng. The Zhanshi are sometimes useful when you need to add some cheap orders. Lastly the Zuyong rounds out your main link.

I would look for a Proxy for a Mowang. The most common recommendation is Krisa Borak since its the closest to the art work I'm personally using a spare Azrail PF I have. Its an amazing model and going out of print soon. Keep it in that you need an S5 Model. You may just get a Yan Huo since its S5 and already in the sectoral. I've had games were I needed 2 S5 profiles.

I've only played a couple games with IA and that covers the basics. I already have a selection of Remotes that I just proxy, but have not needed them yet fro IA. The upcoming Zhencha will be useful. I also went ahead and got the Domaru Butai box. I use 2 as Hulang shock troops and 2 as Tankos (ikari, I don't like the tanko hats).

If you are a tournament player and looking for an anti-material CC weapon for some scenarios. You'll need Hac Tao since its the only DA CCW in the faction. The D-Charges on the Haidao (IA starter) is an alternative, but not as good.

Forté likes this.
  6. Forté

Forté Well-Known Member

Thank you @Cannon Fodder

I already have a Krisa so that's possible already. Good idea for the Hulang (do like the JSA HI minis too. Even with the silly hats). Given great food for thought and ideas for future options. Cheers

#6 Forté, Apr 3, 2019
  7. Greysturm

Greysturm Invincible Army Drill Sergeant/Military Theorist

I should probably add a section with this topic in the táctica but i havent had the time to update it in a while. After the starter i would recomend the HMG blíster Zuyong, as it rounds out the zuyong core or Harris you might wanna start with. After that i would recomend either the YJ starter pack or Zhanshi SWC box. The YJ starter gives you zhanshis for cheap orders, another zuyong and two great proxies for other profiles while the zhanshi swc box allows you to build an effective and relatively cheap fireteam to support your zuyongs. After that i would recommend looking over at the remotes as they can bring several support options that might be usefull to your contingent.

Forté likes this.
  8. Forté

Forté Well-Known Member

Cheers @Greysturm , does look like one of those tips that would fit nicely in your tactica.

Initially I am looking more at low model count but the Zanshi SWC box does sound like a good future option for expansion for certain.

9. Greysturm

Greysturm Invincible Army Drill Sergeant/Military Theorist

If you are looking for a low model count then do reconsider getting a Yan Huo, either alone or in a link they are a superb fire support platform. I would recommend getting the HRMC as it also serves as the nearest proxy for the MultiHMG or even a Mowang as they pointed out earlier. It is also is a bit easier to use than the dual ml and allows you to experiment with a multipurpose haris.

The other recomendation would be the hac tao double blíster, an expensive top tier heavy infantry that can cover different roles depending on your gameplan sounds like it would go well with your low model count army. It also makes for a decent zhencha proxy.

Stuffist and Forté like this.
  10. Forté

Forté Well-Known Member

More things to contemplate now :joy: and there was me thinking this would be simple :see_no_evil:

11. Stuffist

Stuffist Well-Known Member

I indeed forgot about the YJ starter or Zanshis box. My point about drones is relevant only if you have Zhanshis to build defensive core link (which I find absolutely marvelous in IA : 5 regular orders to feed to your agressive Haris while locking one side/key point of the map with a 5-men link Son-Bae ML + Haidao sniper).

Forté likes this.
  12. Forté

Forté Well-Known Member

That makes sense then. Cheers.

13. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

Here is a decent list with IA & YJ Starters. You could also argue that you need to pick up the Zuyong HMG, but the 2 starters have 4 Zuyong, just missing the actual HMG sculpt. Its not amazing but covers the basics of IA with 14 orders (Lt L2, NCO & 2x Tact Awareness). Its a minimal purchase list.
    Invincible Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 (Minelayer) MULTI Sniper, Antipersonnel Mines / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    TAI SHENG (Chain of Command) Breaker Combi Rifle, Chain-colt + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 49)
    HǍIDÀO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    ZÚYǑNG Combi Rifle / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 27)
    ZHANSHI (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    ZHANSHI Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 16)

5 SWC | 298 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Edit : Made a quick change to the list since I forgot Tai Sheng in first draft.

#13 Cannon Fodder, Apr 3, 2019
    Forté likes this.
  14. Forté

Forté Well-Known Member

Possible. Something to build towards perhaps. Maybe I need to just get a core and play a bit, see what I feel it needs from looking over everyone's recommendations.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation