1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity Army/Rules Update, 3/27/2019 Community Changelog

Discussion in 'News' started by meikyoushisui, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

Thanks for all the work on this, nice to have it in once place.

Abydog likes this.
  2. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

And is now normal impetuous instead of extremely

3. Icchan

Icchan Well-Known Member

In profiles pdf, not in Army. It's unclear which is correct.

4. Cap10jon

Cap10jon New Member

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this...just noticed that in Army and the DF Profiles pdf the following new profiles for Spiral Corps and Tohaa seem to have symbiont armor, but do not possess Symbiont Armour Equipment:

- Draal Saboteurs
    - Kiiutan Imposters
    - Kiel-Saan Covert Assault Unit

Not sure if this is significant or not (since Symbiont Armour is required for bombs/mates right?)...hopefully a typo

5. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Impetuous

6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

And considering how valuable it is when shooting at -6 to -9, it shouldn't be.

moyamoya and xagroth like this.
  7. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Yeah, her cost has been the same since CP Paradiso for minimal changes, until now.

8. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Imagine my enjoyment when looking at Sheskin, in spanish Fat2 checks dice roll, not BS roll => the lady has 15% crit (1, 19 and 20) per dice, in a 5man link, on optimal range. Meaning 55'67% of rolling at least one crit per shoot (not counting the interactions with the opposing enemies, just a 1-(1-15%)^5, because (1-X) is the chance of NOT rolling any crit, ^Y is the number of shoots, and 1-() turns that in the chance of rolling at least 1 crit...).

9. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

It is 1/0.5 on the Khawarij. Not much, but not nothing. Tarik got one point cheaper though.

10. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

No, it's at most 0,5 swc, but swc is fickle.

The HRL+LSG on Wu Ming is -6pts compared to HMG, which would mean -4 to a Spitfire, which is exactly the difference between the Khawarij Spit and HRL. Additionally, the price difference between Fat2 and the rifle profiles are consistent with how much a spitfire would cost with no extras as long as you don't underestimate the price of pfaust or grenade.

BLOODGOD likes this.
  11. multor

multor Member

Thank you all for the effort. You guys are very helpful!

I think, I´m just too blind to find it: Where in Army is the Thorakitai Spec-Op in Steel Phalanx? Since the Chandra Spec-Op is removed, I need a Spec-Op profile for our ongoing campaign.

Abydog likes this.
  12. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

Nowhere at the moment. As far as I can see, the only SpecOps-related update in the Army is point costs for SpecOps profiles that were already there.

multor likes this.
  13. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

You can still select it in Vanilla or Steel Phalanx. In OperationS Thorakitai are not on the army list so can not be selected. This was a change across the board to armies cleaning up their options so you could not take a base profile that wasn't allowed.

Just hit the SpecOps button on the list tab

multor likes this.
  14. borings

borings Well-Known Member

Its been stated elsewhere that sheskin doesnt crit on 1s if she is shooting at bs21. Fatalatiy changes results of 1 to crits, rolls where you have a skill above 20 change you result by the number above 20 you have. So she crits on 19s and 20s only, or on 1s and her target number. You could boost that more by forward observing the target first of course...

15. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I was being sarcastic, because it was a mention to a translation issue.

It's been mentioned that there is a difference between the redaction in spanish and english, in which the spanish version sends you to look at the dice number, not the dice number plus modifiers. CB needs to make an statement in that regard, since RAW, in Spanish, Sheskin has a crit chace of 15% (1, 19, 20) per dice shooted, in optimal circumstances.

It would not surprise me for the Spanish version to be supported, frankly, on the basis that Shasvastii have a single Fireteam Core option, despite having several wildcards.

Abrilete likes this.
  16. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I think it was cleared, from the previous conversations that she does not crit on 1 on attribute above 20 situations.

TheDiceAbide likes this.
  17. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

sigh... Fatality lv2: http://wiki.infinitythegame.com/es/Fatalidad
    "...cualquier resultado de 1 obtenido en el dado por su poseedor..." means "...Any result of 1 obtained in the DICE by the owner...", (bold number NOT by me, caps on dice by me) not on the ajusted attribute roll indicated in the part about having more than 20 while rolling.

Funniest thing is that I think it was mentioned when Fatality 2 was revealed, and considered irrelevant because Tarik would reach, exactly, BS 20 in optimal circumstances.

So no, it was not "cleared".

Abrilete likes this.
  18. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Result doesn't seem the same as Roll to me

19. sevinkydink

sevinkydink Well-Known Member

http://wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Criticals
    Criticals
    represent the improved outcomes of actions that resulted in an exceptional success. When the result on the die matches the value of the Attribute (remember: the value of the Attribute with all MODs applied), the action is a Critical success. The goal of the action was achieved in the best possible way. A perfect success, congratulations!

http://wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Attributes_Below_1
    In these cases, any result of 20 or more on the roll is a Critical, if applicable. Attributes above 20 (either from positive MODs or plainly stated in the troop profile) increase the chance of obtaining a Critical result.

http://wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Fatality
    In addition to the usual Critical rule, thanks to this Special Skill, any result of 1 achieved by its user in the BS Rolls are also Criticals, even when the Modified Attribute is lower than 1.

Fully recognizing here that there are language differences between the English / Spanish rules. It at least looks like the word "result" is consistently used to mean after MODs are applied, with a special call out for what happens when you're below 1.

Karmano and DukeofEarl like this.
  20. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

In spanish you can use result as the number showing in the dice after the roll. And the addition of the whole dice rolled, and... Point is, the text refers to the dice, not the test.

Also, "but with the peculiarity that the player adds to his result on the die the amount by which the Attribute exceeded 20" fully recognises that the word "result" is used to refer to the number showing on the die, with no modifications being made.

It's quite simple: CB needs make a statement, and correct the PDF in the downloads sections, frankly, so the rules are aligned both in Spanish and English (at this moment, the spanish PDF still has critical differencies, such as simbiomates being available for marker-status Symbiont carriers, or being able to have 2 or 3 Taagma Schemers with Tri-Core in the list, example of switching between them for active Tri-core included...). I mean, these discrepancies were mentioned on Friday...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation