1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adepticon: A couple PanO details

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by barakiel, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

The Magister ML, old Orc BSG, ML Swiss Guard and maybe the MULTI-Rifle Aquila kinda looks like it is also posed as shooting.

PanO can't have nice things has achieved it's peak: PanO can't shoot anymore.

Yeah, I personally prefer the way they handled this with the Zuyongs better. Yes, they're slimmer there as well, but at least the contrast isn't as jarring and they at least at a quick glance can be recognized as Zuyong HI.
    That being said, I do honestly like the generally casual yet attentive look the ORC Hacker has. Don't like Patsy tho.
    And at least this isn't as weird looking as the Mobile Brigada though, IMO.

The Swiss and Aquila Guards HMG poses are perhaps my favorites when it comes to that. They carry a really nice chunk of authority in their stance.

Seraphin, yoink101 and TaHu like this.
  2. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

My favourite HI is... well, ok it's the Anathematic and that is striking a supervillain pose.
    My second favourite HI is the Hsien MR, it's awesome. Practical and threatening while still looking badass.
    The Zuyong HMG, ML and Combi all look great (BSG is a resounding "meh").
    The Lui Xing is legit amazing (even with the tactical rock and "midway through a TV obstacle course" pose).
    None of the recent PanO HI have had any of that "wow" factor, not since the Icestorm FK have I looked at one and thought solely positive things. The Hospitalers going "rock skating" was a complete turn-off.

LaughinGod likes this.
  3. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

The mini seems nice. It just reswmbles more of a HVT than an crazy impeteus unit (new Magister once again).

Maksimas likes this.
  4. Maksimas

Must be because of all these mixed link teams that they have started to calm down.

injenegr likes this.
  5. Maksimas

Yeah, out of the sternly aiming Combi, rather menacing ML, mag-dump pose HMG and ''Pssst, the plebs that's can't afford HI are this way'' MULTI-Rifle the BSG Zuyong just looks like she was just called in to fill in on a Sunday evening during her day off and was in no way ready nor in the mood for doing so...

Eh, I personally thing the Feuerbach ORC looked kinda nice. Looks like he's just enjoying the sight of a pristine sightline that he's been plated to look after.

Cartographer likes this.
  6. Cartographer

Oh I like that one, but when I saw it, in amongst the positive thinking, slipped a "another HI with his gun pointing upwards?".

Maksimas likes this.
  7. Maksimas

PanO cannot have any nice things, even being able to shoot their guns, we've been over this.
    But seriously, that didn't strike me as odd TBH. Maybe because I was so used to the Hsien pointing his HMG at Camo planes. Maybe because I instinctively thought ''Okay, the ORC will be able to join Fusiliers most likely, so that Feuerbach will be most commonly planted on a roof looking down a nice, meaty, juicy killing zone.''

8. Cartographer

In my mind the Feuerbach is a beam weapon, literally spewing a "river of fire" (none of this micro-rocket nonsense), so I was hoping for an underslung (?) weapon, like the Sogarat's. The Heavy-Infantry-Sniper-Rifle look has grown on me though.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  9. Maksimas

As I have once said:
    Subtlety is reserved for those who cannot afford power armor.

10. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

I think of it like the spartan laser from halo

Maksimas and Cartographer like this.
  11. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Said it elsewhere, saying it again:

The Irmandinho would make for a perfect special character. For a generic profile, it's a poor design.

jimbo slice likes this.
  12. BarbeChenue

BarbeChenue Well-Known Member

Please people, 3D miniatures when looked in 2D do *not* feel the same as when you look at them in real life. The HMG will probably be very nice looking in "real life" because we will feel the dynamism of the pose rather than the awkward body placement that is distorted by the 2D. Also, it's not even painted. Ironically, people who loved the abstract Patsy 3D render might hate the painted 2D picture, and might like how they paint it themselves.

TL;DR Wait at least until you see the painted render before you dismiss the minis, or check them from several angles at least.

Narkano, yoink101, Stiopa and 4 others like this.
  13. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

I love everything about that Swiss guard.

This ORC hmg, though, is terrible.

I arm swapped the icestorm ORC with the hmg Aquila guard and I’ll probably just keep using that.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  14. Ghost_X

Ghost_X Well-Known Member

That is also what I did and very happy with my Aquila-Orc HMG. I have a few ideas for the new HMG though...will get him just because I think the two female Orcs are solid and I do not have any N3 scale female Orcs.

yoink101 likes this.
  15. Narkano

Narkano Armed Shiba-Inu

The HMG pose is a little funky, hopefully the arms will fit on the MR from Icestorm, or he looks better in hand. No real issues with the females for me other than that poor AHD will likely never see the table.
    As for Patsy, my assumption is that her armor is customized to her preference (since she’s obviously allowed to pick her own gear as seen with the SMG and and nades). My biggest complaint with her is that I suck at painting faces.

Golem2God, yoink101 and Maksimas like this.
  16. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

I’m fairly convinced that the scaling issues are perspective based from the render and the actual sizing will be a little bit more on par. I’m also hoping that the HMG pose is going to look better in person.

Please CB.

17. Cartographer

Psychoticstorm has comfirmed that the oversized heads are a render artefact that vanish in transition to mould/metal, the Magisters had them as well and their heads are all well proportioned.

18. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

Can't wait to get a ORC box set, I'm digging the new ORC look.

Golem2God and xammy like this.
  19. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

Excellent. I’m so glad. Can’t wait to see the painted ones from AG.

Golem2God and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  20. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

@MrNailbrain I think you make a good point that the renders don't always reflect the final miniature.

I'm not that worried. There are a lot of examples of renders looking weird, then the actual sculpt turning out to be very nice.

For the ORC HMG, I'll really have to see it in person. I really like the dimensions and design of the Fuerbach version, so assuming the HMG ends up with the same proportions, it should be a decent chassis for some arm swaps, conversions, whatever.

#60 barakiel, Apr 1, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    mauriciorjbr and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation