1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help me get up to date a bit + rules questions

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by det, Apr 1, 2019.

1. det

det Member

Hi there folks!
    Long time no see...and picload ate all my pics...ah well...whatever....

So I went to a tournie after ages (played like 5 games in the last year) and was overwhelmed by all the news...ended up grabbing some stuff etc...

so...questions:

1. destroying scenery, namely objectives that can be like:

An AC2 can only be damaged by CC Attacks with CC
    Weapons possessing the Antimaterial Trait.

D-charges work on them like normal, right? I mean I can plant them without rolling CC and detonate them with another order, correct?

My Liu Xing managed to plant 3 of them with the cc-mode once, but failed in another game...still I could have played really different I guess...but jumping the Liu Xing in was a cool.

And...if I fail a cc-mode D-charge attack, do the D-charges get expended, or is it only when they hit?

2. What is the point of the various new NA armies? I get JSA, I get Spiral Corps, but I kind of don't get the role in the big picture of the various merc armies...what do they bring to the table apart from "oh, I have a mix of units from different armies, now I can play them all together" ...uhm...

Thanks guys!
    GLad to be back in the fold ;)

2. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

1) On L&S, No. You cant plant D-charges and remotely detonate it. It must be used in CC mode.

2) All the 'Minor' NA2s - personally I call something that doesnt got any unique unison like Druze-Baylam, JSA, Spiral Corps as Minor NA2s - are something CB always wanted to do with, since from N2 they tried mixing factions by making Merc faction.

You can call it brilliant way to add flavor anf fluff to the game; or you can call it reeking merchandise tryouts. Its on your call, mine's former btw.

3. det

det Member

1) uhm...and so when can I use D-charges in normal mode? uhm...you sure?

2) fluff is nice, just thought it didn't add that much mechanically I guess.

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

1)
    Armoury doors/walls. Supremacy consoles. Walls when playing with destructible terrain. One or two classifieds... it's currently slightly gimmicky, but there are uses.

2)
    Don't get me started :(

5. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

Players have been asking for ITS playable mercs for years. A few years ago Gutier finally accepted and explained mercs would be released like thematic sectorial lists with fixed compositions in contrast with the free mix and match from any three factions you like style the original system for mercs allowed. That's what we asked for and that's what we got. So I don't get why people gets so upset. Game already has such a huge bloat of units that it would be completely non realistic to expect specific units designed for each NA2 sectorial.

6. det

det Member

Yeah, navigating through all the new units and checking the differences is hard somtimes, not to mention models like tohaa...that's quite challenging for me!

I actually do like the way the merc armies are done as opposed to mix&match 3 factions. It opens the possibility to exclusive profiles of certain units etc, which could be a bixed bag but still.

Anyway...another question: is there still that cool thread that splits the content of boxes? Chokonnit games or something...

7. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Yeah, Shaekonnits thread is still alive and about.

8. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

9. det

det Member

Thanks....but in the end I grabbed full boxes from corvus due to their preorder thing...so...I'll be up to date with spiral corps and other tohaa to round my force and some invincible army stuff....hehe....

So...how are folks finding the new NCO/Lt2 plus multiple tac awereness in fireteams?
    Something like this: (I know, nothing new for you folks, but I'm out of the loop since...end of 2017 or something...)

Invincible Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    DĀOYĪNG (Minelayer) MULTI Sniper, Antipersonnel Mines / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    TAI SHENG (Chain of Command) Mk12, Chain-colt, Stun Grenades / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 49)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Duo, Tactical Awareness) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    SHÀNG JÍ (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower + TinBot B (Deflector L2) / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0.5 | 43)
    HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37)
    ZHANSHI Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    ZHANSHI (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    ZHANSHI Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

This should give me a 15 order combat group more or less...uhm...I could swap a paramedic for the FTO pang too...to extend hacker range and just because it can be done!

So techinically you could have a zanshi core firteam with only 1 zanshi and 4 wilcards? what happens if the zanshi dies midgame? I guess nothing but if the fireteam gets cancelled for any reason and there is no zanshi around the 4 wilcard troopers can't form a team by them selves...unless I make a "shang ji" core...uhm...confusing!

And...how does wilcard interact with special fireteams? Can it ovverride the requirements substituting some of the troops? so...in a special duo of anaconda + brawler, can I swap the brawler out for a wilcard? In a special haris of zu yong and 2 yan hous, can I swap a yan huo with wilcard?

#9 det, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    LuAn and Maksimas like this.
  10. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Core Fireteams aren't formed around specific units. Think of it as if you declare creation of "Zanshi fireteam" and then proceed to fill it with anyone eligible to join: Zanshis, counts-as-zanshis, wildcards (who are effectively counts-as-anyones). It is perfectly legal to make "Core fireteam of X" without a single X as long as you have at least 2 troopers who can join Fireteam of Xs.

For example, this is perfectly fine Zuyong Core in Dashat Company, consisting of a Rui Shi that counts as Zuyong for Fireteam composition and 4 Wildcard Bounty Hunters:

Zuyong Core
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]5
    BOUNTY HUNTER Submachine Gun, Akrylat-Kanone / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 20)

1.5 SWC | 68 Points

Haris and Duo are governed by different rules though since they are in fact formed around a trooper with Fireteam: Haris / Fireteam: Duo Skills respectively (Fireteam: Core is not a skill!) and there's no way around that.

Refer to materials presented here and here if you want to know more.

#10 Barrogh, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  11. det

det Member

thanks, that sure sheds some light on it.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation