1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daedalus Fall

Discussion in 'News' started by Ben Kenobi, Mar 4, 2019.

1. holycannoli

holycannoli Dancing to Kazak Kalinka

Aaaaaand you just solved the problem of me wanting to give her a chain rifle. I'm stealing that idea.

xagroth and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  2. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Cool...so what are you going to do for any other potential instances of taking the Box Irmandinho? :P

That model? While a good sculpt(which is to be expected to be honest), it suffers from the most common issue of the Tactical Rubbish models:
    Repetition.

At least with things like generic shooting poses or whatnot, it's a sensibly caveated repetitive pose...but apparently every BSG Irmandinho comes with a mandatory Lounging Box. ;)

3. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

The Zhencha with tactical pile of mud is probably one of the most gorgeous minis they've ever made IMO. It's all about execution. I like tactical garbage tbh, it adds character.

chaos11, BLOODGOD, Modock and 2 others like this.
  4. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Yeah, I have to agree. Sometimes it can bee too much or too specific (like Umbra molester Joan), but things like stones, crates and debris are all common enough to keep things believable. Without tactical junk you will run out of poses much more quickly.

5. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

I can’t show you pics because I’m on the road for a few days, but for TAK my 4 new scale Irmandinhos are:
    - Chain rifle model
    - Chain rifle model with the chain rifle arms of a Jaguar and the tactical rock removed and replaced
    - Conversion with Vassily‘s body, the arms of the chain rifle Irmandinho and a third party head
    - Outrage Dog Warrior as temporary proxie until the new girl Irmandinho arrives

6. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

I get that people don't like tactical rocks but there's just so much you can do with a standing mini. Me on the other hand
    really like the tactical garbage. The zencha is outstanding but one of the best looking mini with debris is Fiday from beyond red veil.
    Drop dead gorgeous figure. I got one even though I have nothing to do with Haqqislam.

[​IMG]

This is not my figure, mine still shines with bright silver.

#806 Modock, Mar 31, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    WarHound, Balewolf, Berjiz and 11 others like this.
  7. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

To be fair, it's generally not hard to replace the "tactical rubbish" and generate variety that way.

In fact, you could even repose that to standing without too much work I'd say.

8. herod1204

herod1204 Knight of Santiago

I hate tactical rocks, but I don't mind tactical junk. The problem for me, is that all my pano are on spaceship bases,so rocks just look... Out of place on then. So I have had to do a load is sawing to get them off then, and then replace it with something more industrial. Hardly the end of the world, but it is irritating on stuff like the new hospital sculpts. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

mrstream, Balewolf, BLOODGOD and 7 others like this.
  9. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Amazon leaked some pages via Look Inside feature. Enjoy!

At least it looks so, based in the style and title, Pio Baroja, The Quest. Harharhar!!!
    Check the calendar if you still don't get it.

10. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Tactical rocks and tactical junk are totally 100% fine, so long as they are easily cut off or molded separately from the rest of the figure.

BLOODGOD, Rizzy and xagroth like this.
  11. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

That's my major issue, too!

My Haqq are the only models I am basing on desert/rocky bases (well, Ariadna might also get there eventually). My YJ and JSA are on urban bases, and my Nomads are actually on clear bases(!) to represent them floating in zero gee.

With urban bases, shorter pieces of tactical junk can be replaced by a section of curb (did that on my nuGuijia), but some of these new pieces of tactical junk are way too big to use a built-up base like that.

My biggest pet peeve is actually the tactical trip hazards on all the AD troops! No sane AD trooper wants to land on something that would break their ankle(s)!

And @herod1204 : Nice looking minis!

Mob of Blondes likes this.
  12. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I like how Invincible Army so far has tactical garbage that coincides with my chosen "forest floor" bases. Rocks and mud <3

13. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

I like the implication that AD troopers are sane.
    I've never met a para that met the legal OR medical definitions, myself. You have to be "not sane" to want to throw yourself out of a perfectly good aircraft. :D

Or a bubblehead (Naval clearance diver) who was sane, for that matter (because NO sane person WANTS to be around underwater explosives).

A Mão Esquerda and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  14. Rizzy

Rizzy Armchair Strategos L3

I'd prefer tactical junk to be seperate from the minis, like it is with the Cateran. My Haqq and Ariadna are on desert and forest bases respectively, but everything else is on city themed or concrete bases where the stuff just doesn't fit in.

15. BLOODGOD

BLOODGOD Vampire Hunter

Lol at "new size." The new male Irmandinho is HI-sized and the female is smaller than the old sculpts.

I continue to be uninterested in the HI boxes that mix male and female sculpts with ludicrous size differences and different-sized guns. I really like that Zhencha!

Benkei likes this.
  16. AdmiralJCJF

Different sized people is a thing.

Especially when you look at bodies across Asia.

But different sized weapons? Yeah, that pisses me off too. They REALLY need to fix the "weapon scaling" problem.

BLOODGOD, xagroth, Abrilete and 7 others like this.
  17. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Different sized people is a thing, yes.

But she don't look PH14 to me.

Hecaton likes this.
  18. AdmiralJCJF

Then I would politely suggest you need less racially and sexually biased eyes.

But, whatever, you do you.

The point is that while smaller people and even smaller armours (because scaling armour for the person wearing it is obviously a thing) is just fine, we can all unite around the fact that scaling weapons to their users is just lazy.

Solar and ev0k like this.
  19. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

I'm actually okay with weapons scaling, it just doesn't break my immersion for some reason.
    If you take average human (male) height to be ~175cm and equate that to ~33mm miniature height, then that gives 1mm on miniature ~5cm. Standard deviation for height is about 10cm, and 68% of people will be within one SD of the mean, which means that the overwhelming majority of miniatures should be between 32mm and 36mm (humans).
    Honestly the problem isn't with the base frame being the wrong size, it's when you add the power armour that apparently contains no bulk whatsoever for women, but comes complete with 80s style shoulder boosters (and tactical codpiece, "Black Russian") for the men.

BLOODGOD, Barrogh and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  20. AdmiralJCJF

I'm just going to ignore you express a *badwrongopinion* regarding weapon scaling.

But THIS is a very valid point.

I, too, dislike the change in the armour frame proportions.

Even 'though I know from personal experience that deadly combat fighters come in all shapes and sizes.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation