1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to stop the Dogos ?

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by eciu, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

By unopposed shot I was not referring to unopposed roll instead of face-to-face roll. I tried (and failed) to refer to the fact that if the dog lays down smoke, there is no chance the shooter would get killed, consequently this is a safe shot, the ARO trooper has no chance taking a wound, but the dog has a (indeed, rather low) chance of taking a wound. It is an unopposed shot meaning the ARO guy will not risk taking a wound.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding.

tensecondfriend likes this.
  2. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

That's fair, but even in such a scenario, with how high the Dog-Warriors PH is, they can simply rush out of the smoke for more progress upfield with little risk of self harm. All the while leaving a smoke trail for others of his kind to follow.

Káosz Brigodéros likes this.
  3. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

I am not saying dogs are bad. (Heck, I still consider Mirage 5 as autoinclude in Merovingia! Played Lil Red Riding Hood and her Big Bad Wolf a lot and I just loved them!) All I am saying is they are not unstoppable unkillable rambo machines.
    In case you systematically shoot back on each and every occasion you have at the dog, the not-so-good chances of wounding the dog will stack and you have a fairly good chance of killing the dog before the dog murders everyone and everything in your DZ (per OP).
    I am not saying you can easily kill the dog before the dog reaches your DZ or before kills a couple of your troopers with rifle shots or few mines, but I AM saying, if you have your dog waltz upfields taking a truckload of rifle shots, the dog will end up dead sooner than later. Been there, done that to Duroc! ;-)
    How to position your army to hide your valuable troopers and have the relatively low utility troopers (aka ARO pieces) do the job of dying for the greater good of your army would be a fairly far-fetched conversation...

4. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Except they're not because stun lol. Admittedly they have viral and some adhls, but...

5. Death

Death Well-Known Member

So when playing any faction without those your screwed. (Pano sectorials and Shas to name two) Well, the new total immunity rule is real balanced.

6. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Shas have double Chest mines in the midfield and PanO has enough MSV-2 and MA Monster to stop them.
    If you want a faction who's really disadvantaged, it would be Tunguska.

But I don't think it's such a big problem cause you will find always a bad matchup for your lists.

I think the rule change is a little bit unbalanced, but atm I don't see it as such a big problem. But I can be wrong.

7. Death

Death Well-Known Member

"In addition, players can choose between making an ARM Roll or BTS Roll, choosing the most advantageous for them" I think this part of the rule needs to be removed or changed to only effect special ammo. If you got BTS 6 than normal ammo is always going to be hitting that higher value which those rare units with BTS 6 and total immunity into mini TAGs.

Unless I'm miss reading the rule and being able to choose ARM or BTS only happens vs special ammunition and normal rolls still hit ARM only.

8. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

If the quality of the ammo does not do the job,
    you got to rely on the quantity!
    So HMGs and TR-Bots are your friends!

WiT? and Káosz Brigodéros like this.
  9. Ben Kenobi

No you don't, raw you can always choose.

10. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Well they really made total immunity ridiculous. Who thought this was balanced?

11. Abydog

Abydog Well-Known Member

they are arm 3 and can't get cover due to impetuous, and s6 is relatively big. just shoot enough and they will go down, too

12. Death

Death Well-Known Member

I was thinking more about Karakuri and Sun Tze who have BTS 6 and 3 wounds. In cover they are BTS 9 vs everything. They are mini-tags now with fewer weakness than an actually TAG.

AdmiralJCJF, Modock, Hecaton and 3 others like this.
  13. Maksimas

Karakuris only have 2STR and Dogged
    Still ridiculous though
    Good thing Sun Tze isn't that great of an offensive piece, I suppose

14. Ben Kenobi

Dogs aren't the real problem imo but the Karakuri.

15. Abydog

Abydog Well-Known Member

on the other hand katakuris are HI and thus vulnerable to hacking, not good in cc and not as fast as the dogs. lets see how the play out with arm 6

edited for typo

#55 Abydog, Mar 30, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    AdmiralJCJF and eciu like this.
  16. Hansolo

Hansolo Well-Known Member

Sanity check:

Total Immunity negates Monofilament, right? Shinobu will just hit doggo for 12 DAM normal damage?

eciu and Abydog like this.
  17. Maksimas

Yes.
    Unless she crits, at which point he's just going to lose a wound.

AdmiralJCJF and Abydog like this.
  18. Achelon

Achelon Well-Known Member

And they are G: Remote Presence, so they can choose not to activate Dogged and therefore they have 4 real wounds. 2 Wounds and 2 Unconscious states. So a Karakuri Haris means 12 wounds that will be probably saving everything you throw at them with a +9 (BTS 6 and cover) and if they also list an Engineer, if you somehow manage to put them into Unconscious 2, with one good roll they are back to STR 1.

The Holy Knight, Abydog and Maksimas like this.
  19. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

I really don't see the big deal with the dogfaces, they are still just as vulnerable to what kills them: many bullets

20. Disko King

Disko King Well-Known Member

Why send shinobu vs target that can simply chainrifle her...on top of it, it's not really high value target to begin with...?

Why are people even discussing karkuri in dogo theme?

Their sectorial is not really that great to begin with...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation