1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is anyone excited about Spiral Corps?

Discussion in 'Spiral Corps' started by wendigo, Mar 28, 2019.

1. DustGod

DustGod Well-Known Member

Namaste

#41 DustGod, Mar 29, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  2. thirteenpixels

thirteenpixels Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I think we answered the OP's question. Some people are excited, maybe too much so!

Stay friendly out there fellas.

borings, spears and DustGod like this.
  3. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

What the heck is wrong with you? You clearly have not been in the YJ forums for a loooong while. Which is funny because I see you spending time on PanO forums, a community that have been showing the attitude you want to attribute to the YJ subforum, since N3 was released.

DustGod likes this.
  4. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I never said they were the greatest thing ever and you're right that they aren't some optimized dream unit that will never had another peer. But that doesn't mean they are bad. Remember too that Grief are available in Onyx and Tohaa as well so we should be considering them on multiple fronts.

The Grief profiles fit into two different roles. Mimetism ones are the quintessential Mid Field clearing unit. It has Mimetism and MSV to out fight other low cost skirmishers (Zeros, Hunzakuts, etc) that normally rely on Camo to live. It has the basic mid to short range guns to take them on in close where it should be. Will it stomp all over your opponent? No but it should do a damned fine job of gobbling up any exposed Camo Markers or of going suppressive and being a pain in the ass to remove while standing on an objective.

Alternatively the impersonation profile is great in missions with exclusion zones where it can freely get into our opponents face and control things better than infiltration can. Impersonation is also great for getting in under the guns of long range suppression/order denial pieces. The Greif operator can easily sneak up on TR bots, Snipers and Flash pulsers. Units that won't generally out fight its otherwise average skills.

For an example of a not yet optimized list that might want something like a Greif operator check out the below. I've got generally dominant midfield players but I need something to help pressure the backline that will abuse longer range than I can reliably use.

Sample List
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    DRAAL (Minelayer) AP Marksman Rifle, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Viral Pistol, Knife. (1 | 40)
    DRAAL Submachine Gun, Pulzar, D-Charges, Dazer / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
    DRAAL Submachine Gun, Pulzar, D-Charges, Dazer / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
    GREIF-OP (Inferior Impersonation) Combi Rifle / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
    KIIUTAN Submachine Gun + E/Mitter, E/Mauler / Viral Pistol, Knife. (1 | 28)
    KIIUTAN Submachine Gun + E/Mitter / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 26)
    CLIPSOS (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    IGAO Boarding Shotgun, Stun Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 25)
    IGAO Boarding Shotgun, Stun Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 25)
    TAAGMA Lieutenant (Multispectral Visor L2) Viral Sniper / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 25)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]1
    CLIPSOS (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)

4.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Káosz Brigodéros and DustGod like this.
  5. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

6. DustGod

Sorry guys... I'll tone it back..
    Maybe I'm a little too tired and too excited :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ChoTimberwolf and spears like this.
  7. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

Be excited. People like yourself who have decided to dip their toes into Tohaa (even if it is Spiral Corps) and are positively excited about it are the best thing to come out of Spiral Corps being a thing. As someone who has been playing Tohaa for 4 years it's nice to see some new positive energy in the threads I read.

8. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Dude, take a breath. I was responding to low effort content by asking they take it somewhere else. Altogether the NA2 forums are better than pretty much anywhere (except the Haaq forums, those guys are great) but historically Tohaa, YJ and PanO have been the Holy Trinity of whining. I could have made the same line about any oo those places.

As a side point I am not nearly as active in PanO as anywhere else, so I'm not sure if you are confusing me with someone else? The vast majority of my posts are in Access Guide or JSA.

Sure, but this is a Spiral Corps subforum and those conversations can be had in the proper place under their respective armies. The way a Greif operator works in Spiral Corps is not going to be the same as it does in CA, is a thing I think we all agree on.

I would still skip him here though. Impersonators already give pretty diminishing returns, especially the much more easy to discover ones of spiral corps. I can justify 2 Kiutan really easily, just not the Greif operator.

If he had a boarding shotgun? Totally different conversation. That would be an insanely good profile.

9. DustGod

They get thoseOl' Dusty. Hand Sculpted Models fixed I might run vanilla:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The deeper I get the more I like em'

ChoTimberwolf and Cothel like this.
  10. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

I see the (self) irony :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11. DustGod

Found the ignore button woot!

Hiereth likes this.
  12. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

I think the mixed reception is interesting, as a tohaa player I see tohaa players looking at spiral and thinking I can do tohaa better with my usual tools of nikoul, eclipse etc. Human faction players thinking they can do human style tactics better with pure human factions.
    Spiral are a bridge faction that can do a bit of both. On paper they've got a lot of tools and should do well .just gonna play different to what a lot of folk are used to

ChoTimberwolf, DustGod and Ben Kenobi like this.
  13. TheRedZealot

Warcor

Sure but there will always be cross pollination and I think it can be helpful to consider its role in different factions when assessing how to fit it into your own right. Zeros and Chasseurs play differently but learning a new tactic or concept for one can teach us more about the other right?

Shotgun would be good for sure. But I still think the Greif is useful here. I've got the Kiuutan but I know Im going to be relying on them to fight tougher models or to reinforce areas of the midfield. While good I dont want to blow their cover on the first thing that wanders into my field of fire. The grief gives me a more disposable tool to fight a specific piece and then discard without worrying about it. Something that the Kiuutans extra gear and wounds preclude in my mind.

14. Peanuts

Peanuts Active Member

As you might guess from all the lists I've been posting the last couple days... yeah, I'm excited :p

Of course that might just be because I've only played Tohaa, and Spiral Corps gives me some new options I haven't had before (or haven't been interested in using at least), but still excited.

Cothel likes this.
  15. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

The Kurgat Haris is only 1 point cheaper, but the the biggest difference between them and the Kurgat is the utility that the Kurgat Haris brings due to the Mk12 being the Haris profile, and all of their profiles are engineers and bring mines.

Though, with the saturation zone of the Dazer the Missile launcher Chaksa could be an annoying ARO piece.

16. TheRedZealot

Warcor

I'd be cautious of this. You actually get diminishing returns on winning face to face rolls when you increase the number of dice. Ie: If you can get to 2 Dice. Its better than 3 dice getting to 4. and thats better than 4 to 5 etc.

The Dazer certainly helps the ML chaksa but it should be less effective than a comparable line infantry + Missile Launcher haris would be. The big change is of course that the Chaksa is easier to get your hands on.

17. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

So, yesterday I pre ordered my Spiral Box, finally I convinced myself xD.

DustGod likes this.
  18. BlackCadian

BlackCadian Well-Known Member

Boy am I excited! And this thread isn’t exactly helping!

This army looks really cool and is very different from what I’ve played so far. I haven’t ordered anything yet, because there’s still the little voice of reason telling me that I can’t play this many armies anyway, but I think it’s just a matter of time before I cave in

I really like how Spiral seems like a mid range army, then the triads are interesting, the latest fix to Mates also helps not to feel kinda bad when picking them up, and the new sculpts are really cool. Lots to like!

RobertShepherd likes this.
  19. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

Sorry, mate, we excited SC players are freaking busy buying and assembling and painting and messing around with Army Builder...
    There are people who keep telling to people like you not to listen to the voices in your head.
    They call themselves psychologists, they have a diploma, know better what is good for you and you should listen to them, not the voices in your head.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation