1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hannibal the Legend

Discussion in 'Foreign Company' started by Yasashii Fuyu, Mar 28, 2019.

?

What do you think about Hannibal?

1. OP as hell, what was CB thinking?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Auto Include

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Would field in most of my lists

12 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. Every now and then I'd bring him

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. Meh...

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. Love the Fluff but not good enough to actually field

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  7. Overpriced piece of garbage which I'll never play

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Obligatory Funny Nonsense Answer.

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  9. Even if he is Trash, he's Hannibal!!

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. Yasashii Fuyu

Yasashii Fuyu Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone,

With the Foreign Company now being out and about, I was wondering what you guys think about Hannibal? I really want to field him as I love the model and the whole A-Team vibe, but I am not too sure what his actual "Job" on the table is meant to be.

Is he "just" a semi-resilient Fireteam Supporter (with his Strategic Deployment) with CoC, or is there more to him that I'm not seeing yet?

Is the extra 5 points for Strategic Deployment even worth it in your eyes?

What kind of Fireteam do you think he excels in? The full Core? Or the cheaper Haris?

I know it all "depends" but still...maybe somethings seems more obvious than other things to most, and I'd like to hear about it!

2. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

Since he is necessary to do a SoF link it's not really a question. If I could do a Bolt link only with Laxmee and Massacre I would just get a Bolt Lt and one with CoC.

Robock likes this.
  3. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

interestingly, it is Valkyrie that is featured in all the 3 special core.

But hannibal does have several special core and haris options : He can haris with 2 bolts (so not really a SoF link), or with 1 bolt and massacre. Or a partial core with massacre and Valkyrie plus up to 2 bolts. And finally from that last full core, trade a bolt for laxmee. And then trade the last bolt an orc.

Also i just noticed massacre will only team up if hannibal is in it. While Valkyrie and Laxmee don't mind doing their own link (Val+Avi+0-3 Orc and Lax + 2 KTS).

4. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

I thought he would be auto-include, at least as either Lt or CoC, but the new Bolt CoC profile is awesome already. And 41 pts for Strategos L1 (able to use Lt order on the link or on anyone) is too much for the 1W+NWI Lt... Kriza is more likely to be my Lt (not linked, but +1B -3MOD is good).

Remnar likes this.
  5. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

Looks like he does what he's supposed to do, but the end result makes him very expensive.

I should add that Hannibal is probably my favourite character in Aristeia.

#5 SmaggTheSmug, Mar 28, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    oldGregg and Robock like this.
  6. Remnar

Remnar Well-Known Member

Spending the morning on Army I find myself thinking I'd rather take the Bolt CoC and Kriza LT over Hannibal.

Actually, I really dont see any strong reason to take any of the SoF.

eciu likes this.
  7. Vijel

Vijel Member

Because they are cool? :D

Guardian likes this.
  8. Remnar

Remnar Well-Known Member

Certainly a good reason. But personally I only really like Deadpool Massacre, and have him in CJC and Starco

9. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

Auto-include. Not because he is op, but a team needs their leader and "I love it when a plan comes together".

volgo and Vijel like this.
  10. Vijel

Vijel Member

Fair enough. Peronally i love the new concept art for Valkyrie and wiling to do anything to field her even though she might not be that strong rulewise. The rest of the bunch look cool too. Therefore iam playing around with army since yesterday to figure out all the alternatives in fielding them.^^

Remnar likes this.
  11. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

The more I look at Foreign the more they look like a better streamlined Tunguska.

Securitate+CSU link
    Kriza Borac HMG
    Zeroes
    Überfallkommando
    Laxmee
    Valkyre
    Avicienna
    Crocs
    Bolts
    Remotes

The other Chararacters and choices don't strike me as great. Having Zeroes instead of Hecklers and even Bolts instead of Grenzers is an upgrade. Laxmee can keep up nicely with Interventors and Mary thanks to Maestro, SMG+Mimetism, Cybermines Minelayer and Pitcher.
    Having Eclipse as well as Zeros for deployable Repeaters just adds to the versatility. Being batshit insane in CC with linked Valkyre and Überfallkommando certainly helps - and so does having 2 girls with Total Immunity to take down Flashpulses safely.

Sacrificing the Core slot for a Valkyre+Orc HMG+Avicienna 3 man Core is the most intriguing Linkteam for me.
    Foreign Company
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]3
    ORC Lieutenant HMG / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 44)
    VALKYRIE Heavy Shotgun, Grenades / Heavy Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 35)
    AVICENNA Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)

2 SWC | 106 Points

Open in Infinity Army
    You can still flip back to a defensive Securitate Link when your turn ends using Command Tokens.
    Access to most common means of Attack with 3 people, except for a DTW. Long Range/Medium Range/Close Range BS Attacks. Spec Fire and CC on top. Kinda makes SP jealous.

#11 Teslarod, Mar 28, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  12. Sicaris

Sicaris Active Member

I really like this as an idea. It's trying to leverage all the best parts within the fireteam restrictions. Is there a reason you went for Orc Lt in the link?

13. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Linking hannibal with at least one bolt means you can deploy his whole link 8" ahead. If you have first turn it'll help you leverage massacre and valkyrie's grenades, shotguns and awesome CC abilities. If you have second turn you can still use an orc as an ARO turret, and eventually reinforce the fireteam with bolts or laxme if the orc goes down for good.

Also it doesn't stop you from including zeros and a kriza borac if you really want to.

14. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Yeah, not paying attention on my part.
    Lt was an accident.

After getting to play with CC monsters in Aleph and JSA for a while CC really grew on me. The Order efficiency is just mind boggling when you're breating up seemingly tough targets as if it were child's play. Although setting it up can be rather tricky.

15. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Together with Bolts a strategic deploying Hannibal can start close to the center line where most of the objectives are.
    Stuff like this
    Foreign Company

[​IMG]3
    BOLT Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 23)
    BOLT Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun, Drop Bears / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    HANNIBAL (Chain of Command, Strategic Deployment) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 37)

1.5 SWC | 82 Points

Open in Infinity Army
    or this:

Foreign Company

[​IMG]5
    BOLT (Multispectral Visor L1) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 27)
    BOLT Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    HANNIBAL Lieutenant (Strategic Deployment, Strategos L1) MULTI Marksman Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 41)
    SEÑOR MASSACRE Breaker Combi Rifle, E/M Grenades, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, E/M CCW. (0 | 29)
    VALKYRIE Heavy Shotgun, Grenades / Heavy Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 35)

2 SWC | 154 Points

Open in Infinity Army

looks quite strong.

BarbeChenue likes this.
  16. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

Does Hannibal's strategic deployment combine with the ITS rules to give bolts in a link with him FDL2?? because if it does that's some tasty tasty synergy and I will be taking a bolt/Hannibal haris EVERY DAMN GAME

17. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

yes, it does improve it to FD2 on bolts, and FD1 on himself.

edit: wow, it actually give FD2 to the whole team if there is a bolt in the team.

#17 Robock, Mar 28, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  18. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Nah they all get FD2 if there's Hannibal and at least 1 bolt in the fireteam:

19. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

He seems solid.

I do like the Haris options he has.

But there are other great Haris choices too, which makes that part of list design one of the most challenging so far.

20. Death

Death Well-Known Member

It really seems like FC is all about its Haris options and not about core links.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation