1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to stop the Dogos ?

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by eciu, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

You "just" need to include actual ARO pieces, and not solely the usual order-sponge disposable flash pulse. Even your humble TR bot or a linked missile launcher/sniper can potentially kill a doggo in one volley (two if it hasn't transmuted yet), or at least forces him to keep his head down and waste orders on smoke and/or gunning your ARO down before he can moves on. You probably won't be able to stop him from reaching your DZ, but ideally he'll take 1 or 2 wounds and ends-up order starved in your DZ before he could inflict too much damage.

2. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

3. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

No :grin:

Modock and eciu like this.
  4. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

I have had this happen so many times I started avoiding chain-rifles like the plague... yeah I have 5ARM and 2W with NWI... but I can give a 95% guarantee I'll fail every chain rifle save! :D

HI is best.

That still assumes your opponent did not do away with said actual ARO pieces right after the doggos did their Imperous orders, i.e. a Spetsnaz Surprise Shotting your TR Bot or a linked Minuteman taking it head on.

xagroth likes this.
  5. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Are you able to illustrate what you're talking about? Because what you're describing is not in line with the LOF rules for blast focus, nor is it consistent with the illustrations of DTW behind walls etc. There's no such thing as "spilling over".

Unless this has been resolved via a FAQ or forum ruling, in which case I'm happy to be directed to the source.
    [​IMG]

6. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

I looking at Mc Murder and don't get it. Berserk must be a free skill then.

7. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

What you're missing is that regular Impact Templates don't have infinite height. But Smoke does.
    However just like impact Templates, Smoke gets blocked by Scenery, because it originates from the original target point (not sure if we should call it Blast Point for Smoke).
    So this is what I was describing:
    Smoke Volume.PNG

The blue Trooper is in Smoke, despite the Smoke being deployed on ground level. We had confirmation that this is how it works somewhere. Can't seem to find it so if anyone does, I'd appreciate it.

8. yluvatar

yluvatar Well-Known Member

Maybe this mean in the future we will have Loups Garous with viral grenades and viral grenade launcher.... :the_horns::the_horns::the_horns::the_horns:

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  9. Maksimas

And Viral CCW as well as Viral Pistols with Viral Mines.

yluvatar likes this.
  10. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

It's funny/sad because CB changed Loup Garous to Stun Grenades from Flash Grenades... then made Dog-Warriors immune to Stun.

I get the feeling the Total Immunity change wasn't playtested or thought out particularly well.

eciu likes this.
  11. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Maybe setting up AROs to catch them on the approach instead of from across the table. Force them to spend orders on the shooters in their list to move up and get LoF to take out those units. That alone slows down the advance.

Infiltration is solid as well for catching them in the back and such

Káosz Brigodéros likes this.
  12. SpectralOwl

I'm still glad to have those grenades, and wouldn't fight a Dog with them in the first place-they have very good dodge chances against a low burst weapon like a grenade. The change from Flash to Stun ammo was because there were no longer rules for flash grenades, as the wiki has stated since before I started playing last year they have been "treat as Stun Grenades" since HSN3. CB were just being kinda lazy about updating MRRF profiles as they had openly stopped supporting it.

I do agree that TI's change wasn't well thought out. I'll leave it at that, to save more pessimism.

Ben Kenobi likes this.
  13. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

If only they weren't immune to Flash Pulse now...

LuAn and Maksimas like this.
  14. Maksimas

Or Stun ammo...

LuAn and Hecaton like this.
  15. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

Shoot back.
    Firing the Chain Rifle (or laying smoke) means the Doggo will have to tank all and any incoming return fire unopposed, and sooner or later the wounds will go away one by one. Played Mirage 5 extensively and I can assure you, mines and simple rifle fire can slowly but surly kill the dawg.
    If your enemy spends a huge amount of his orders (the most important resources in Infintiy) on killing a couple of your cheerleaders, I would consider this a win situation for you and a lose situation for your opponent...

tensecondfriend likes this.
  16. Maksimas

If the smoke lands in a way that'd obscure LoF to the doggo, then it's still an opposed shot. And the doggo is good at throwing the ball for fetching himself.

In my experience it's not as clear cut as that...
    There's also the opportunity cost involved in what stuff they killed along the way.
    Killing cheerleaders and starving the enemy of orders is one thing.
    Killing off those who were meant to have those orders spent on is another, arguably even worse thing.
    And trading an Impetous doggo and a turns worth of orders in exchange for killing off a good chunk of the important active pieces before they can even act, effectively neutering your opponent for the rest of the match...? Sounds like a fair trade in my book.

Káosz Brigodéros likes this.
  17. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

Maybe the most efficient way to deal with dogo are now "Loup Garou" ... They will probably make it to my list when expecting Dogwarriors. That's a nice go back to the fluff ;-)

18. injenegr

injenegr Well-Known Member

So we'll just wait for Loupes to be available in, say, PanO :)

eciu likes this.
  19. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

No because they can't have bad things. And the Loup are very far from optimized.
    Just leave the scrap to MRRF. You already got plenty of shiny toys big boy :D

20. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

What I always saw is that Specnaz/Vet Kazak and Dogos are in the different combat groups.
    That's the problem. An actual Knight in the full link is less likey to wound doggo than a doggo wounding the Knight. <partially true, assuming that Knight is in optimal range it means that Knight is more likey to wound doggo due to crits, though doggo can have 3 W so still come on top>

And matters are even worse if dogoo manages to hit several Knights with templates.

(and I'm not even mentioning dogo going against soft things like OS or Dakini/CSU's)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation