1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unit Discussion - Gwailos

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Wyrmnax, Mar 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

So,

Gwailos are exactly what I wanted them to be. HI with Albedo and a HMG.

But...

AP Spitfire looks like a real contender. Shorter ranged, granted, but same/better damage against ARM2+. For nearly the same price. Thats pretty ok, I think.

MSV2 + HRL is okish. You really want it to be at least B3 because simply BS13 is not good enough with B2. Linked it would be good if the Gwailo Haris weren't crap. The M-Drones are simply too expensive. As for putting it in a Core of Nox, well, then you run into the biggest problem I am seeing here: Sheskiin.

Sheeskiin is just leagues better than the Gwailo. For a price increase, thats true. But the combination of much higher BS with Fat2 is just ridiculous - she is better anywhere where Albedo is a non-issue, and she is also better against normal camo than the MSV2 Gwailo because of the extra crits. The only gwailo that really surpass her is the MSV2 against TO camo / ODD targets, and even then you are comparing B2 to B4.

So yeah...

Opinions?

2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Why not both? ;-)

Flipswitch, DaRedOne and Bohrdog like this.
  3. Wyrmnax

That might be a solution, but I am finding it really hard to scrounge points in the army...

4. ijw

Also, when considering the points cost of the M-Drones, apart from the Nanoscreens this is the Sectorial that has 17pt EI Hackers to give them all Marksmanship...

WarHound, xagroth, Teslarod and 2 others like this.
  5. Wyrmnax

But I wanna use Messer!

... wait. I start to see where my problems might be coming from...

xagroth and ijw like this.
  6. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

Albedo MSV2 HRL shooting through smoke..... yeah I will use that.

xagroth and Death like this.
  7. Wyrmnax

Well, you only really have smoke on Speculo so its kinda rough...

8. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

I mostly look at it as a HMG or AP Spitfire platform than for the HRL. There's cheaper MSV2 elsewhere if you really need it.
    It's also a LT option I'd seriously consider using, for the rambo potential.

Slightly disappoint that its not S5 with V:NWI or something like that, but what we're basically getting is the old pre-HSN3 Haasht back (Arm3 + Nanoscreen + BS13)

WarHound likes this.
  9. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

Na you can start the Speculo right next to their ARO machine and pop smoke so he can go to town. No one can touch him.

10. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

These days, most ARO machines are in 5-member fireteams and so have sixth sense L2 and thus can shoot back with no penalty whatsoever. =/

11. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Which makes the ability to start with a mine and Speculo nearby all the more sweet. Drop 1-2 members of the fireteam, and its effectiveness goes out of the window.

New Gwailo is great. It's still a breaching unit, just more focused now. I actually think that MSV2/HRL will be useful, at least against some armies, but HMG is a better generalist, and AP Spitfire will shine if you want to push him further up the field, possibly with a drone in tow.

Razi, Wyrmnax, xagroth and 1 other person like this.
  12. InMac

InMac O-12 #Bureau Aegis

HRL at 43 points, added with MSV2+Albedo+stealth+nanoscreen... Its really done.

[​IMG] Shasvastii Expeditionary Force──────────────────────────────────────────────────GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG] GWAILO Lieutenant (Multispectral Visor L2) Heavy Rocket Launcher / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (2 | 43)[​IMG] SHESKIIN MULTI Rifle, Pulzar, D-Charges / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 53)[​IMG] CORAX HASHT Spitfire / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 34)GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]1 [​IMG] CALIBAN (Chain of Command) Submachine Gun, Pulzar, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife, CC Weapon. (0 | 29) 3.5 SWC | 159 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

If all of you crying about the haris with 2 Mdrones for they are "expensive", think about this... Sheeskin + hast, are wildcards, messer too. But here you got a pretty haris options, stealth+nanoscreen profiles, perfect killer team covering some weapon ranges ;)

Yeah, if you playing CA, welcome to play for paying some expensive and elite troops.

theradrussian and McNamara like this.
  13. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

The best part is that now we actually can afford playing with expensive Shas units, including combat Lt's. We have the cheap fireteam to back it all up, very good screening units, and CoC.

Leviathan and Death like this.
  14. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

I really like the idea of an HMG or HRL Gwailos, Nanoscreen M-Drone and one of the characters as a Haris alongside a nox core. Its strange, Tohaa was given the shaft with the latest updates, but now every army seems to play like Tohaa...

Random question - did Sheskin used to be NWI instead of 2W? I feel I would have used the profile I see on Army, but remember not being that keen on it before.

15. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Yep, with no immunity. It was great (not).

WiT? likes this.
  16. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

The only link options for Gwailos are with the M-Drones, right?

17. ijw

Or wildcards, yes.

WarHound and Flipswitch like this.
  18. Flipswitch

Gotcha. Was trying to figure out if THEY were a wildcard and thought I'd missed something massive. Thankfully not! :)

WarHound likes this.
  19. smog

smog Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Me too

He can haris with an M-drone and Victor Messer

20. Flipswitch

Messer, Sheskiin and Hasht. The Magical Super Space aliens Team.

Dakka dakka dakka

WarHound likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation