1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tunguska: Money can’t buy everything (MSV2)

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by ldgif, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Gwaernydd

Gwaernydd Well-Known Member

Ye but apparently this particular profile does get msv1
    (I still dont think its a tragic difference, just wanted to point it out)

2. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

They both have MSV1 (the MSR Bolt Profile gains it specifically). I missed that at first myself.

natetehaggresar likes this.
  3. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

Disclaimer - the above picture was meant as a joke, not a serious lament for Grenzers and/or Tunguska as a whole.

But I do find it hard to find a reason to field a Grenzer link in Tunguska; or even a single Grenzer (as in, not a "Securitate"). Sensor profile is cool - but usually sensor bot is more than enough, and is more mobile. I take a Biometric Visor in one-off games sometimes when I get especially paranoid about IMP, but there's just not enough reason to take him to tournaments (there's, like, three units in the whole game he gets his bonus against?). SS2 Interventor sounds cool - but you need at least 80-ish points to get to that bonus... I like the models, but not the way they play.

That said - even if grenzer sniper cost the same as the Bolt, I probably still wouldn't play him. He just has too much of competition in Tunguska, to my taste. But that's probably just me - I'm not too fond of snipers in general (save for Hidden Deployment ones).

4. stramarvelous

stramarvelous Member

Grenzers are good, but not to good for me.
    I use the Sensor one, but i've never really "use" it.
    For an aro piece ?i prefer taking a securitate, most of the time.

I'm wondering the reason to use the haris, because at that cost I'd prefer to take Perseus/Raoul/Stempler.

what do you think?

5. natetehaggresar

natetehaggresar Senior Backlogged Painter Manager

Personally I've inserted this haris into a few lists.

[​IMG] Jurisdictional Command of Tunguska
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]3
    [​IMG] GRENZER (Fireteam: Haris) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 26)
    [​IMG] GRENZER Missile Launcher / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
    [​IMG] INTERVENTOR Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)

2.5 SWC | 80 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Admittedly I'm a little bit of a missile launcher fetishist. The ML can be used as a powerful aro option, the haris with it's lft can be used to deny access to an area, such as block parts of a board edge from AD etc. The interventor can provide useful support.

Yes you can run into problems with using hacking if enemy models have LoF to the ML, generally I'd advise killing them first. ;-)

I'll also sometimes sub a grenzer FO or Spitfire into a securitate link. The visor helps to make discover more reliable, also makes the link far more capable in tackling powerful TO units like post humans.

I certainly agree the grenzer core is hard to justify, and personally I don't see much use to biovisors either.

I'd also agree the MSR isn't a terribly appealing profile, both Grenzers and securitate get more interesting weapons. Ironically I think the securitate MSR is a better chassis because you can pair it with white noise.

EDIT 1 I don't think the either or choice of a grenzer haris or a Raoul haris is accurate. For me if I'm running a securitate core odds are Perseus is already committed to that link.

Edit 2: To take something as a solo piece it needs something compelling. I agree that Grenzers lack that something special to take them solo. They have a lot of useful gear, but it drives up their price significantly, and they're hobbled by their move, and the fact that most that gear is available on cheaper bodies. (I sensors, DTWs).

In Tunguska they bring the only visor, but you can get similar buffs by linking so you don't miss it as much because you can link. In vanilla they just pale to intruders. I think they really shine when you can stack link bonuses with their visor. I

#85 natetehaggresar, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  6. Click2kill

Click2kill Well-Known Member

I think the Grenzer ML option is awesome in a defensive Securitate Link, since Securitates don't have that option at all.

7. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Yup. The FO is also ok. Their issue is that they're way too expensive for what you get.

Grenzers have always made Bolts look good. Now it's a fucking joke.

jimbo slice likes this.
  8. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Securitate just get a superior weapon instead (feuerbach) and dont get shafted by white noise.

9. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

How superior in particular?

10. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Less obnoxious range bands mostly, after round 1 the 16 - 32 tends to work better than 24-40 and of something does get around it's good ranges it's all +0s (except for the 0-8). Additionally in active if you need to throw some dice down range the extra burst is great.

Though in metas where the tables are a little more open the super long range may be more useful.

11. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Yep I also think they have different range bands, and different kinds of preferrences. I might consider using both for the defense.

Tourniquet likes this.
  12. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

There's something to be said for ARM3 MSV1 for being difficult to shift through.

I was considering trying a MSR Grenzer in the link for sweet Stun ammo to deal with Dogs (helping a mate playtest VIRD has given me an appreciation for Stun)... but then CB changed TI. :'(

But you are paying a lot for a Grenzer and a lot of its advantages are lost vs FAT2 or FA2 attack pieces... so maybe Feurbach is the way to go.

Agree on ML range bands being pants: it forces you into a DZ to DZ FTF which makes it efficient for your opponent to kill: I'm increasingly preferring linked AROs that force my opponent to advance to engage them.

13. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I like the linked Grenzer Sniper

That boy has done work for me

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation