1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fatality 2 with B5...

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Zewrath, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

So are CB going to answer to any concerns regarding this? Have they playtested this?

Do they think it's healthy for the game to have a 41% chance to crit on EVERY single activation where you declare BS Attack? Does CB think this is interactive for the receiving player?
    Does CB think it's a healthy state for a rule, when players start to disregard tactical decisions regarding picking the correct firefight and care about core mechanics like distance, because now you're literally able to just YOLO any shot, regardless of how unfavourable the odds are?

I wouldn't want to make this thread before now, because I hoped (in vain) that they actually wouldn't go through with this (since they actually limited themselves with fx. Aquilla Guard HMG). But not only did CB actually go through with this, they actually turned it up a notch and added an extra character with FAT2 + B5.
    Like... are CB seriously under the illusion that a fully linked Aquilla Guard with HMG is a worse thing to add to the game than this? I'm just asking because I'm extremely baffled by this decision and (from my perspective) the extreme disconnect between CB and their game..

@HellLois @Koni @Bostria @psychoticstorm

Thoughts?

#1 Zewrath, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    Abrilete, zavros, Guardian and 14 others like this.
  2. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Its more like, "do we like our face (and plan) get busted by 'lolcrit'?"

The answer is same for me too. NO.

I like CB. I like CB and Infinity so I joined the Warcor.

Still, I am bewildered by this thing. Huge NO for this. Sorry.

rooki1, krossaks, inane.imp and 2 others like this.
  3. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Also, I'm not screaming that the sky i falling. I just think this is a very unhealthy mechanic to add to the game..

Savnock, krossaks and MATRAKA14 like this.
  4. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

While I really love (!) crits as a rare occurence, Fatality Level 2 should just be a cumulative +1 or +2 more damage or ignores cover or -3 ARM. It is huge to buff the probability by introducing a rule and now even more adding those models into fireteams to get even more dice. We will see how this works out.

Savnock likes this.
  5. ObviousGray

I think mathfinity is stupid, but B5 FAT2 guarantee 41% crit chance. Yeah its just like 5 shots were not enough.

6. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

7. ObviousGray

Yup, just a small calculating like powering 0.9^5, sorta things. Or I use inf-dice.ghostlords.com app.

8. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Yes but what's stupid about that?

9. ObviousGray

Cuz D20 rolls a lot, you know what I'm saying.. X)

10. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Sorry, I don't. xD

11. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Technically BS21 makes FAT2(not FAT1 tho) worthless, but confirmation would be nice before I order that Shasvastii Army....

Just kidding... B5 FAT2 is the hill I'm gonna pick to die on. As nice as 95% of this updates are, I have enough Infinity models and that particular addition turns my stomach.
    2 Unhackable 2W models with Wildcard, B4 gun and readily available Fireteam Core options to jump into. It's so mind boggling good it makes me want to buy a whole Shas army on the spot. Which is exactly why I'm considering to quit instead - I know that bait all to well, exactly the same shit GW pulls every other update.

Back to topic.
    On the one hand it's nice that Crit chance is at least capped to 10% per dice for Sheskiin.
    On the other hand it's very unintuitive (and possibly unintended) that "always crits on 1s" suddenly stops working.

#11 Teslarod, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  12. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Really, CB? Radio silence on this matter?

13. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

You asked a few hours ago on a release day. Four hours before the end of business hours. Come on.

14. jimbo slice

jimbo slice Well-Known Member

I get your point, but it's about midnight in Spain right now.

Also, I wouldn't expect any form of response earlier than Monday, and more likely never. They tend to take a long siesta after each major release event.

Hopefully someone at Adepticon will have the balls to ask the question there.

Urobros, Zewrath and Icchan like this.
  15. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

It isn't exactly a rules question. I would ask a moderator to move it to the Access Guide or to the General section.

Hiereth likes this.
  16. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

I don’t understand your logic. This is not a rule question of how a rule works, it’s a rule question to CB, whether or not this rule interaction is acceptable by their standard. It’s a rules question regardless.

17. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

They have not only one but two profiles with Fat2 and high burst in a Core fireteam. It is working as intended and mechanically unambiguous. CB responds to the Rules forum to clear up rules issues. This is a game balance/fun factor discussion. If you want to drum up support to get something changed or pressure them to address what you believe to be a general game play related issue and show them that it is a negative play experience, I feel you are in the wrong section. I am also making this suggestion from the angle of visibility. This thread will likely get lost here, but you might get a discussion out of it in those other sections.

thundergod, Barrogh and DukeofEarl like this.
  18. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

I'll add that I like the crit mechanic but I think fatality takes it too far.

Its part of a wider trend which seems to continually devalue arm values, along with handing out arm like candy except to HI, who just pay of it anyway.

xagroth, Barrogh, Zewrath and 2 others like this.
  19. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

• Decides Burst 6 would be too strong when combined with the Crit mechanic and prevents HRMCs from linking.
    • Adds multiple B5 core linked FAT2 dudes

[​IMG]

20. ObviousGray

Stupidiest thing is; that blasted FAT B5 Crits on 41%, Normal B6 crits on 27%.

WAY TO GO!

LaughinGod, LuAn and inane.imp like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation