1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jammer into CC

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by eciu, Jan 29, 2018.

1. derbrizon

derbrizon Well-Known Member

Nvm found it by searching old forums.. IJW, is it possible to get the relevant faq that says no mods for Jammer attacks added to the Jammer page on the wiki? I think that might be helpful.

2. derbrizon

derbrizon Well-Known Member

Lol and finally... 2 issues.

1, the faq mahtamori references in old forums isn't even on wiki (yet?) afaik.

2. even with the faq, where is the phrase "visibility mod"? The faq entry is not clear. It uses odd and camo as an example and mentions "MODs" not "visual mods". The faq should read "Jammer is effected by no Mods whatsoever" or "Jammer is affected by these mods: <mods>" or possibly "Jammer ignores Mods from this: <mods>." Instead it just says "the negative mods are not applied." The only way to filter which mods it means is through associative inference as there are no MOD labels other than what for forumites have invented.

Since the faq entry just generically says mods, I'm inclined to believe that Jammer is immune to surprise attack, cc, shooting into cc, ikhol, CH skills and everything else imaginable.

I'm not inclined to like it, however.

Edit: sry for triple post. Edit option is not on mobile.

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

"Visibility MODs" is my interpretation. The CB answer was to a question specifically asking about camouflage and hiding MODs. It's also not yet an FAQ, so IJW can't add it to the wiki.

4. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Search the explanations of Line of Fire. Then remove what that is from the requirements of the BS attack made with weapons that require no LoF, which are those who say it, and things like Especulative Fire...

5. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

A box in Speculative Fire section actually mentions that even when you attack something out of LoF, you still need to place center of your template somewhere out of target's volume to avoid its modifiers. As if otherwise they would still apply. That's out of LoF business, so that's why I brought it here.

No direct relevance to this particular case unless you want to guess developers' intentions, but there's that.

Even as far as Speculative Fire itself goes, there's no better reference, afaik.

Hecaton likes this.
  6. Bobman

Bobman MERC

The bit on ODD etc not affecting Jammers is in the FAQ. Or is that not what you are referring to?

7. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I'd bet it's an N2 artifact, like the "degree of failure" XD

8. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that this was what was referred to, but it'd help if @derbrizon could link to the old forums with the answer where it says Jammers ignore all MODs.

Bobman likes this.
  9. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Maybe, but box is worded like an advice, and there is nothing else in the rules to support what it refers to :(

10. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

To make jammers broken af, I guess?

Savnock likes this.
  11. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

Where, specifically? I'm not finding it for some reason, and I remember this blowing up in the old discussions, so I'd love to see it.

12. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

• When performing an Attack with a Jammer, is the roll affected by the negative MOD of ODD or Camouflage, for example?
    • No, in the case of an attack that does not require LoF, the negative MODs are not applied.

Source is faq document directly.

Andre82 likes this.
  13. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

Ah, that must be one of the ones still awaiting confirmation before it is added to the wiki.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation