1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What from Spiral is viable for "vanilla" Tohaa and why?

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by Ben Kenobi, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Scactha

Scactha Member

Apologies for the murky assessment. I was really after the dual TAG strategy which feels iffy with Gorgos. Ectros obviously are viable for a multi HI approach.

On the point on MAT (and Tags), I feel that the Kiel-Saan is in TAG space due to the speed on top of the ARM value. It isn´t a TAG, but it´s fast as one, almost as armoured, but with more wounds (of course I calculate with an ablative pokemon). Sure he´s dull, but that´s TAGs for you. They are mobile entrechments.

2. spears

spears Well-Known Member

He isn't good enough to not have proper triad imo.

Hiereth and Aemaru like this.
  3. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

Especially comparing him to Neema, and him being bigger isn't doing him any favours.

Abrilete and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  4. Scactha

Scactha Member

Agree. He´s a solo mobile assault/area denial piece. Not a cog in a triad.

Here Spiral is vanilla Tohaa with a 20% tax on. Sure I could use a Kiel-Saan and 2 Draal for a combined attack/entrench/button pushing/area denial strategy up the middle, but buttonpushing with 2 FO Clipsos is cheaper and doesn´t force me to take alot of tactical decisions with pieces I mostly want to keep in my backpocket until I need them.

Wyrmnax likes this.
  5. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

I ran a Draal this evening in vanilla Tohaa using my most conservative guess at how Stratocloud will work. Hot damn. Putting a Nikoul behind the cloud was a build-your-own better version of Le Muet. And then in active turn the Draal went on an absolute tear through a NCA defensive line built around overclocked REMs that were functionally helpless into a mobile saturation zone.

DustGod, ChoTimberwolf and Abrilete like this.
  6. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

What is your most conservative guess?

7. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Circular template (not zone of control like a previous video spoiled), moves with the Draal, low vis and saturation, and the same expiry condition as albedo.

The only real leap is the expiry condition, but having now played with it, it's a really nice ability, so a limit on turns of use wouldn't surprise me.

It's possible that the zone is reflective (i.e. works against MSVs) but nothing in any material by CB has mentioned that yet. It's something to remember as a possibility though - it would make the Draal itself more powerful but remove the synergy with nikouls and gao-raels.

Wyrmnax likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation