1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which alien faction do you prefer and why?

Discussion in 'News' started by Ghost_X, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Ghost_X

Ghost_X Well-Known Member

With the upcoming release for Spiral Corps/Tohaa and Shasvasti, I am debating buying into my first alien army (not counting Aleph).

Which of the existing and upcoming alien armies are you most interested in and why?

Thanks!

2. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

I started Infinity with Tohaa based 100% on how they looked. The entire starter box and Chaksa box had me excited. Picked up a Gao-Tarsos first to see how hard they were to put together. Then the addiction began.

Once I started playing Triads were a thing I loved. Mixing and matching kept things new and fresh.

The fluff left me with curiosity. So much room for depth. Spiral Corps and Sygmaa both show how much room there is in the Tohaa story.

I have more reasons than that, but my children keep attacking me and I have to go play dad now.

3. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I got Shasvastii years ago because I wanted something radically different than my PanO and Aleph. No regrets, there's great satisfaction in giving your opponent a blank Courtesy List ;) I fully expect them to get really nasty after the update.

Lothlanathorian likes this.
  4. Postmortem

Postmortem Kazak Arachnophile

Upcoming Shasvastii look great, but the Tohaa background and the flexibility of the Spiral Corps scratches the right itch for me.

Not owning any Shas or CA probably influences my Spiral Corps/Tohaa preference also.

5. thatAJguy

thatAJguy Active Member

EI aspects/vat grown monsters cuz they look badass and are powerful on the table

6. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

1. Tohaa, especially the Sygma Trihedron: first love for IGAO BS model
    2. Ur Hagemoni Remote Presence like the Combined HFT: looking cool
    3. Shasvastii: the new dossiers are looking amazing and I like the Rules

987654321. Morats: Don't either like the fluff nor the models or the rules.

7. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

CA are scum and Tohaa are highly obnoxious to play against, but Spiral Corps seem to have a pretty cool background? So them so far. I enjoy slaughtering them all I guess though.

8. dexterv

dexterv Well-Known Member

Nomads. We live on spaceships, so we are "alien" to any planetary eco-system :v

9. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Tohaa, because Guyver Bio-Boosted Armor.

Space Ranger likes this.
  10. Minos

Minos Νίκη ἢ Θάνατος

Any alien, provided he's dead... Because: [mode 40k on] Do not suffer the xenos to live [mode 40k off] :stuck_out_tongue:

11. Rizzy

Rizzy Armchair Strategos L3

CA, especially the stuff in Onyx Force. 100% look of models. I'd love to try out Tohaa's triad system, but their models don't do it for me and my painting table is already over capacity with models in genuinely like.

12. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

I started Tohaa just because I loved the looks of the Gao-Rael and the Gao-Tarsos.
    Later, I falled in love with the flexibility of the Triads.

Hiereth and Cothel like this.
  13. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Tohaa
    Especially that Gorgos model
    The one that's under the foot of the Avatar
    CA... I meant CA.

14. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

Personally my favourite alien faction is this :

[​IMG]

Section9 and Abrilete like this.
  15. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Sometimes I feel like Tohaa don't really fit in the rest of Infinity, rules-wise *or* fluff-wise. I'm a fan of CA; I'd love to see the rest of the alien species mentioned in the Infinity fluff fleshed out a bit more.

16. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

So, Shasvasti, then.

Stiopa and Xeurian like this.
  17. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

I really dig morats. I like the whole Angry Demon-monkey thing, and their models are chunky and heavy looking/feeling, and I like my weapons how I like my music: Heavy and Metal.

New shas has picked my interest with their sleek, bio-vampiric look, and I'll admit I love tohaa symbio-crap. However, I am not a fan of the tryhard, ultra-dark design they're going for with the Umbra and the EI aspects now. I liked the old, more alien looking dudes more.

Splod, colbrook and Lothlanathorian like this.
  18. jimbo slice

jimbo slice Well-Known Member

Do you like having friends?

If yes, not Tohaa.
    If no, Tohaa.

Seriously, I can count the number of positive play experiences I've had against Tohaa on one hand. And my old regular opponent, who I had tons of fun playing with, ran them for over year. Playing vs Tohaa just feels like grinding out ingredients in an MMO or something. It's doable, but not really fun, per se.

19. Lothlanathorian

Lothlanathorian Not a custom title

Honestly, aside from the now-defunct Exrah, I like all of the fluff/models for all of the non-Human factions.

I very much like the Tohaa look and fluff, but have no desire to play them and that's between not wanting to memorize their rules and not wanting to assemble/paint the models myself.

If I were to play an alien faction, it would be MAF. I love the fluff, I love the models, I love the rules, and I know I can paint those models well (or well enough). And their play style would suit me well (as subtle as a hammer). I really want to build all of the Rasyat models and wish I could build an MAF with more of them. If I ever do get MAF, I'll have them max AVA in my little force and call it a Morat Diplomatic Committee.

20. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Exrah!!!

Lol actually Shasvastii. I’m one of the few that still likes the old models. I love the “true” alien look to them. I also like the fluff behind them and how they have pushed their survival mode to the Nth degree. Visually I also like Tohaa and the Guyver-like look to them, they are still very “human”.

Tickle Monster likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation