1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PanO Remote Conversion Ideas

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Golem2God, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I've been thinking lately on how to differentiate my PanO remotes from the common mold. The legs were the first focal-point of my brainstorming as I wanted to make them more dynamic or replace them with something else. A mono-ball wheel crossed my mind but I would need to buffer the chassis up a bit to make sure that the Dronbots are not mistaken for Auxbots.
    Would differently designed legs be a better way to go? Any ideas on converting remotes in general to make them stand out from the crowd? What are some examples that you forum members have done to the remotes in your collections? It doesn't matter what faction the remote hails from as any idea could light a spark in my imagination.

Any comments, pictures & critiques are welcome and appreciated.

2. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Not really a conversion, more a kitbash

Pathfinder

20190305_202850.jpg

#2 Ben Kenobi, Mar 5, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    Golem2God and Lieutenant like this.
  3. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Someone posted a 3D print file for making aquatic drones.... basicly replaced the legs with a jetski if i remember right.

Golem2God and Section9 like this.
  4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

When the baggagebots and combatbots first came out in N2 (with the base extensions on 40mm bases), I found that it was possible to carefully bend the legs a bit to get all 4 legs to fit onto a 40mm base. This does make your REM a little taller than the standard REM, too, since you're bending the legs at the center joint.

Even better, it's actually easier to only bend 3 of them down and leave the last leg raised like the REM is taking a step, which looks more interesting.

Sorry, no convenient pics. This is rather expensive, though, unless you resin-cast the baggagebot legs and use the resin legs under your bots on 55mm bases, and the metal legs under the standard REMs on 40mm bases.

If you were using Nomad REMs, well, I've been tempted to acquire a spare set of the Nomad basic REM weapons and mount them on the Meteor Zond chassis for my Nomads, probably with a short flying stand peg to make them the same height as their Silhouette template. Think hovercraft, not helicopter.

Golem2God likes this.
  5. Golem2God

I recently found these models from Puppetswar & Anvil Industries:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. DustGod

DustGod Well-Known Member

1 Drop mold the wheel off a Auxbot. Make 4 copies and give it an off-road look...

2. Armor plate the front legs extra use and Orc/Tik PanO type style shoulder design using plastic card or GS mold.

3. Use one of the Above plastic tube extensions(very small) between the "feet/ankle" and "shin" make the Auxbot moving over terrain Add a Titan fall eye and upgrade the gun..

Or any mix hope this helps

Golem2God likes this.
  7. Golem2God

Sounds good to me. I was thinking of a mono-ball design for the Dronbots. I should give this idea of yours a shoot.

8. DustGod

4 wheels/extensions/armor plates/gun/eye
    And moving over terrain.
    you'll have a definite winner.
    I'll start a thread soon for modeling once I get moving on my PanO actually moving.

Golem2God likes this.
  9. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

Maybe use the WildParrot mono-wheel as it's a little better scaled for four "feet".

Golem2God and Ben Kenobi like this.
  10. Golem2God

That would be great as I could see the idea in pictures to help me visualize how it should look.
    I forgot the Wild Parrot had a mono-wheel. Guess I'll need to buy an Echo Bravo when possible.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  11. DustGod

I've never made a converted rem...
    I forgot about the parrot I was thinking more along the lines of fat tires and wheel cover... might be too big though

Golem2God likes this.
  12. Golem2God

My bad. I misunderstood. Still the idea could work out well with some elbow grease. Since I was going to grab an Echo Bravo in the future I can try both wheel sizes and see what works.

13. DustGod

I just struggle to build stock models...
    I love converted models to give your force an individual feeling I really hate looking across the table and seeing a differently painted cloned Army of myself...

Not that every single model did I run is converted but I try to leave my own touches do my own thing

Golem2God likes this.
  14. Golem2God

While I don't have the same struggle with stock models I'm of the same opinion. Having an army that is just differently colored doesn't sit right with me. It is better to make small adjustments/conversions to your forces than build without deviation. It makes the whole process worth while in the end when all is finished.

DustGod likes this.
  15. DustGod

At the end of the day we do it for the love of the hobby...
    Whether it's an LED lit table or a PanO baggage rem... The idea that some will recognize the amount of love you put into your "Aspect" of the hobby...

Golem2God likes this.
  16. Golem2God

If you don't have that spark of love then you shouldn't get into wargaming in the first place. Unless you like the gaming aspect and pay to have a commissioned army/force so you can bypass the hobby aspect. That works fine as well.

17. DustGod

Or you love the gaming even if you have lack luster paint n conversions... I've met very few gamers that didn't have that spark in one of the aspects... I'm good at conversions and tactics but only ok at painting... But even then I'm not half bad... I've been in the hobby off and on for over 30 years

Golem2God likes this.
  18. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

I've been in the hobby a bit over 30 years.
    Terrain and converting, I'm reasonably good at. I did, however, learn a pile of skills in an FX workshop where I made props for TV and those skills transferred across.
    The gaming and the painting not so much. The stuff gets painted because I don't like the look of gaming with unpainted figures unless it's a boardgame with meeples, where they don't matter anyway.

Golem2God likes this.
  19. Golem2God

Same on both accounts. Nice to know that there are more people out their around my skill level that still put their best effort forward. Makes me feel less embarrassed of my lack of higher level painting.

20. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

I'm using this for my Pano remote but ... well it's Nomad and ALEPH parts :p
    [​IMG]

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation