1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minotaurs Out-Of-Character Thread

Discussion in 'RPG' started by stevenart74, May 13, 2018.

1. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

@Beodren . . .

Forgot also an important "Tactical Idea" about some Useful Stuff about Alistair and his "Combat Pet"; while in Dogwarrior Form the Caledonian Warrior have an heigh about 2,5 / 3 Mts. and a Mass that is TRIPLE of the Dogface Form (and this NAKED, and NOT counting the "Extra Weight" of the Molotok Rifle, the "Guts from Berserker's Dragonslayer Sword" kind of Oversized Claymore, the Heavy Molotok Rifle and ESPECIALLY the "Mormaer Level" Teseum Breastplate !!!) when in "Humn Size" is JUST a strong, powerfully built "Big Highlander with Cyberarm". . .

Normally Antipodes are quite ENORMOUS, and have a very stable Quadraped Posture; the Cyber-Antipode is EVEN stronger with a Spinal Cord, Bone Collar and two Limbs substituted with High % Alloy Teseum Bionics. . .

Should be a Tactically useful idea then Alistair could "Ride", in Dogface, the Cyber-Antipode as a sort of "Dire Wolf Mount"; the creature has the agility of a prehensile Big Simian AND the speed of a Quadraped Wolf, so could be INCREDIBLY useful (EVEN with Alistair "Hopping On" would have PARALLEL to "Superjump" and "Climbing++" of the Tabletop Wargame, especially inside a Arboreal Wood Environment (or similar place full of "Sturdy Branches" as an abandoned Urban Warehouse !!). . .

Normally Antipodes are a PROUD race and even the MOST domesticated Pack Member would NOT consent to be ridden as a Mount Horse (and a Heavy Infantry Armour will be TOO cumbersome and heavy); but the Cyborg is "Structurally Reinforced" and Cyber-Linked to a Pheroware Controller from Alistair Comlog so could do it without fuss. . . . .!!!

@Golem2God . . .

Knucker, the ruby-scaled "Snakewolf" of Uja is FAR less large and imposing; while has comparable Mass and Weight of a "Small Velociraptor", a Tiger-Like Predator Cat or (as the Morat Krakot Renegade will be MORE usued of) a Gaki / Preta "Big Alpha", is structred as a sort of Anaconda / Boa-Constrictor Serpent with Four Arms (and, given the Horned Head, Acidic Venom Spit, Poisonous Quills, will be rather IDENTICAL to a "Fu Long" a Chinese Dragon like creature !!). . .

But, when in relaxed state (so the Venomous Spikes will be "Resting Down") then Uja is big and burly enough to be able to "Wrap Around" his muscular mass the Beast, and "Carry" it without issues (such as INSIDE a cramped vehicle). . .

The Tactical Usefulness of a Alien Monster wrapped around oneself body are debatable though. . . . .!!!

@inane.imp . . .

Your "Zonbot Drone" is Compact and Well-Built enough that, with folded limbs is able to be stored INSIDE the Gecko Frame (the most logical placement would be in the "Back Shoulder Boxes"), much like the Utility Drones deployed in the Wargame by Unmanned T.A.G.s !!!!!

Golem2God likes this.
  2. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@stevenart74 I now have a more perfect ideal of Knucker's look thanks to your description. I personally would be frightened if a venomous snake-lizard was wrapped around my torso relaxed quills or not. This shifty snake could be very useful in outflanking or just causing a distraction due to it's venom levels alone.

3. stevenart74

@Golem2God ; @Beodren ; @inane.imp . . .

As usual Taxes and Administrative Issues has begun anew to plague Me and My family (unfortunately March is a "Bureaucratic Heavy" Month here in Italy) and I have to solve ANOTHER batch of issues with Funds and Due Shares of My "Clan" stuff. . .

As My mother was a Specialized Economist Audit Reviewer then She was the one checking all Deadline Payements, but She is quite aging now and I have to support Her as much as I can. . .

From tomorrow will have to rummage around Banks and Lawyers for solving those issues, rather than CONCENTRATE on starting the "Stealth Insertion" Battle Scene, as I hoped, but. . .

Will proceed anyway, as soon as I can and is possible, with SMALLER updates, rather than big ones, on the premises laid down beforehand by the Players. . .

Will ALSO try to be able to eventually "Edit" some N.P.C. Action / Reaction if contrasting too much with what the Players wanted to do, but did not manage to execute timely. . .

. . . . .

More will follow soon. . . . .!!!

Golem2God likes this.
  4. Golem2God

@stevenart74 Not to worry I have a large amount of patience. Besides family comes first and I'm glad you are helping out your mother considering her age.

stevenart74 likes this.
  5. stevenart74

@Golem2God ; @inane.imp ; @Beodren . . .

Finally managing to solve the Financial Issues that are plaguing My aging mom; this Sunday 10 of March will be able to post a good update for the Stealth Insertion. . .

Will be able to draw a better representation of the "Battle Site" to allow Players make more sensate Tactical Combat Decision. . .

Will also have "Pre-Roll" some Awareness Rolls of the "Roving Patrol" of the Enemy Sentinels, along with some Stealth Rolls of the Camouflaged Snipers (against whom Alistair and Uja will potentially Roll on their own for their "Silent Intrusion") , and a generic "Low-Tech Hacking Countermeasure Active Firewall" (against whom Tony could, by Repeater Proxy, scramble subtly their Relay Comms and I.R. Visors). . .

In that manner, should a Character be able to sneak successfully against one of them (in the "Analogic Reality", as the Krakot and the Caledonian are meant to do, or in "Just Virtual Simulation", as the Corregidoran Mechanic will execute before, eventually, emerging from the shallow harbour waters with a raging Exoframe shooting bursts !!). . .

. . . . .

Remember that the "Ideal Plan" was to have the two "Small Units" (well, "Small" until Uja retrieve the A.D. Suit and Alistair morph into "Werewolf Battleform") arrive inside undetected, killing SILENTLY some surprised sentinels , plant some D-Charges, retrieve their "Heavy Arms & Armours" and then, along the Gecko, start to wreck everything. . . . .!!!

Beodren and Golem2God like this.
  6. stevenart74

@inane.imp ; @Beodren ; @Golem2God . . .

Tonight I had some issues with the Save Format of the images that I wanted to upload for the Game (Maps with Patrol Lanes and similar others) with the Device where these were stored. . .

Probably is due with the fact that I own, and use, a very old Version of Photoshop and there was a porting on a totally different P.C. for some further Graphic Work. . .

Will try to redress the issue, and if is taking too long, will start to post "Just Text" that will be anyway useful for proceeding for all three Players Characters. . . . .!!!

Golem2God likes this.
  7. Golem2God

@stevenart74 That is more than fine. Anything to make it easier for you.
    Also on another note, I just found out that the Symboites of Tohaa origin actually change color depending on the nutrition of it's wearer. So it would be a different color depending on which species it is combined to and then further change as the wearers health alters. Makes me wonder if the creature would adjust color if it was hungry or as a sign to the wearer that they should consume something?

stevenart74 likes this.
  8. stevenart74

Still some issues with the Graphic Format that I hope to solve soon; in the meantime will prepare purely text-descriptive posts to be later integrated with more graphical stuff. . .

@Golem2God . . .

Honestly I don't know if this level of detail was done with the Tohaa Symbiotic "Bio-Armours" descriptions; will have to re-read the pertinent section of the various manuals. . . . .!!!

Golem2God likes this.
  9. Golem2God

Bostria mentioned it in CB's new video released today about the Spiral Forces. It was news to me too.

stevenart74 likes this.
  10. stevenart74

Still some problems of finishing the Graphic Stuff, but I ported ALL on an older System where there are NO issues of retro-convertibility so all SHOULD be good. . .

Will have anyway to do some more longer written exposition that I wanted. . .

In the interest of not submitting anyone to a massive "Wall-Of-Text" attack, then I will break it down into "Thirds" each dedicated to the P.O.W. of a given Player Character so that anyone could focus on its own whereabouts and surroundings. . .

. . . . .

Remember that You have access to what amount to "Blueprints superimposed with Satellite Scans" so that a Character path could be predictively planned even in place unseen to the naked eyes. . .

The Drones are NOT acting as "Mindshared Consciousness" Muliplexed Artificial Intelligence "Disembodied Limbs" but rather as simulatint the typical behaviour of Smugglers and petty Ariadnan Criminals like Wulver Thugs, Cateran Bandits, Desperado Outlaws and Irmandhinos, so they will Act (and Re-Act) in a manner befitting the "Typical Low Level Foe" of a Minotaurs Counter-Smuggling Operation. . . . . .!!!

11. stevenart74

@Golem2God ; @Beodren ; @inane.imp . . .

Posted a rough Map to START planning and excuting actions (sadly wanted to do something better, but this will have to wait). along with some sort of "Open Ended" rough placements of the Characters that will allow Players some latitude on putting their Characters on the right spot to act. . .

Are generic enough to be easily edited if it is needed. . .

More will follow later, such as the "Premade Rolls" of the Drone Robotic Sentinels, done passively as "Scanning for Intruders" to which the P.C. could act offensively at their leisure. . .

Remember that AT THE MOMENT the Enemies are "Simulating" a Generic Low Level Thug with Light Armour, Medium Guns and Basic Skills. . . . .!!!

Golem2God likes this.
  12. stevenart74

Discussing by P.M. with @Beodren about what kind of Wargear was available for the Stealth Insertion then I went to the conclusion that Lieutenant Alistair had a combination of Innate Skills, Talents and Gear (mainly the brand new Tohaa-Haqqislamite "Biotech Version of Highlander Greys Cloak") to have ALSO a +1Momentum for Stealth Related Rolls AND a further Reroll of a Failed dice for the Silent Incursion. . .

@Golem2God . . .

Similar to this, the new "Symbiotic Exo-Muscle Suit" will give Uja a +1 Momentum / 1 Extra Reroll of Failed Dice for Athletic Related Rolls; the Morat Krakot Daturazi is YET a peak example of a VETERAN Martial Art Warrior trained from early age (could be a comparison with a Yujing "Mid Aged" Kung Fu Master considering SERIOUSLY jockeying for Abbot Position of a Shaolin Temple !!) and has been now enchanced with a Symbiotic Organism created specifically to enhance those dominant traits. . .

This is because the Biosuit is NOT encumbered by Extra Armour, Hardpoint Plates and Excess Neural Interfaces; when "Bonded" with the Heavy Aerial Deployement Armour those bonus will be "Used" for currently running the A.D. Jump-Frame at peak efficency. . .

@inane.imp . . .

Could swear that You described the Gecko Frame at CURRENTLY optimized for "Support Hacking Warfare" but AT THE MOMENT could not find that post; IF THIS IS THE CASE (Geckos are notoriously Modular, and able to be quickly refitted for specific Mission Parameters) the Exoframe extended Antennas and working with the Ancillary Drone and Team-Mates Comlogs as "Repeaters" then will be able to have similar "Temporary Bonus" (+1 Extra Momentum / 1 Free Reroll of Failed Dice) to Hacking Actions related to scrambling the Enemy Comms, helping the Team Mates "Stealth" actions (such as Triangulating Patrol / Sentinels patterns of movements with "Predictive Algorythms"), altering the "Visual Feed" of the VERY Hackable security cams (such as with the Age Old Trick of the "Edited / Copypasted Empty Alley" kind of repeated video) and so on. . .

This is because the Gecko Exoframe T.A.G. is safely hidden very nearby the Enemies, but still unseen in the shallow Harborus Waters with ALL the "% Processing Capacity" of the Geist and the Onboard L.A.I. able to be dedicated to this kind of "Electronic Warfare" operations on RELATIVELY primitive Enemy Comms (remember that H.I.V.E.M.I.N.D. Drones, while quite advanced, are simulating the "Typical Teseum Smuggler" and "Ariadnan Lowlife" that is the USUAL Target of Minotaurs Dragnets, based on Past Operations, compiled mainly by Metros Gendarmes of Merovingia). . .

. . . . .

This ON TOP of EVENTUAL other Skills / Talents / Wargear of the Players that grant Extra Momentum or Rerolls, UNLESS these stuff SPECIFICALLY indicates that could NOT be combined with the aforementioned Actions. . .

Golem2God likes this.
  13. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Umm... I didn't. I've always been keeping the Gecko relatively stock with added LGLs.

I'm basically abusing the TAG pilot stats for a combat character who's awesome in a TAG and decent in non-combat roles out of one but isn't worth much in combat without his TAG.

stevenart74 likes this.
  14. stevenart74

@inane.imp . . .

As I said I did not remember if the "Hacking Warfare Suite" was an approved Idea or simply a ventilated hypothesis that was never discussed seriously and just hinted. . .

For this kind of Operation could be a good idea, as i planned some Basics of the "Simulated Training Exercise" when there were STILL other Players specialized in Digital Combat, but at the moment is Tony that is the MORE specialized of the Player Characters to have good training into "Firewall Combat" and its applications, especially if compared to the Caledonian Highlander Werewolf of @Beodren or the Alien Martial Artists of @Golem2God . . .!!

. . . . .

If You like more some DIFFERENT of Non-Combat Related enhancement then You could drop this "+1 Momentum Generator / 1 Free Reroll" somewhere else (maybe one linked to one peculiar Skill, like Athletic-Related Piloting and another in a different, like Jumping inside cramped environments). . .

At the moment what I thought of was:

1°) +1 Momentum / 1 Free Reroll to "Generic Hacking" Security & Comms Scrambling when the T.A.G. is stationary, immoble, hidden in the Shallow Waters (but in a different environment would be inside a rubble / ruin, or with Camo Tarpaulins in a dense wood / bush) with all the "Virtual Antennas" extended and ready to "Triangulate" through friendly Comlogs of Team-Mates as "Mobile Repeater", on a pre-scanned narrow zone of operations (now is a Waterfront Industrial Port block of Warehouses; another could be a WHOLE Corporate Research Building of various floors). . .

This because the "Computing Capacity" of Tony's Comlog, enhanced Cyberbrain, the personalized Geist AND the "Onboard L.A.I." is devoted to this task. . .

. . . . .

2°) As soon as the Gecko Exoframe start to move and combat this "Special Perk" is slanted INSTEAD towards "Precision Movement" (I.E. the Pilot Related Skills and Talents) as the "Extra Computational Mainframes" are devoted to a smooth driving of a Cyber-Linked Powered Armour. . .

So a +1 Momentum / 1 Free Reroll to "T.A.G. Piloting"

Similarly as now Alistair in Human-Sized Dogface Form is "Stealth Power Up" and Uja in "Silent Infiltration Athletics"; as soon as they will reach their "Extra Armour & Heavy Weapons" this "Stealth Related" Bonus will be slanted towards "Acrobatics Combat Enhancements" (such as Superjump and Climbing++ Actions). . .

. . . . .

I thought about this all because the Characters, powerful as they are, are JUST Three (not counting Attack Pets and Drones) to do a work usually done by 5-10 Operators "Infinity Squads". . .!!

Feel free to decide whatever You want to EVENTUALLY Specialize Your P.C. into, for this specific Black Op Situation. . .

15. inane.imp

Due to the 2 different sorts of Palm Cybernetics Tony gets +1 Momemtum to any Piloting test with a neural interface and +1 to any BS Test invoking a neural interface already. I’m good with that.

I need to read the IC bits and pieces to catch up.

stevenart74 likes this.
  16. stevenart74

You could choose to have instead of a Reroll / Extra Momentum something offering a significant Bonus of a different Nature, though. . .

Like a -1 Difficulty for that specific Skill Roll or a +1 Difficulty to any Adversary trying to counter You for an example. . .

It's Your call. . . . .

17. stevenart74

@Beodren , @inane.imp . . .!!

@Golem2God wrote that He does NOT see the Maps displayed in the Corvus Belli Forum, and so wrote a Game Post accordingly. . .!!

This is weird because I have visualized them WITHOUT problems, fully visible. . .

Do You two have the same issue. . . . .???

Golem2God likes this.
  18. inane.imp

Nah, I’m good.

19. stevenart74

Weird, so probably is an Issue with HIS Adblockers or similar stuff. . .

He wrote to wanting to going "Map Blind" in the Operation, but this is quite a worrisome prospect for a confrontation of mere THREE Soldiers that have to synergy at perfect coordination a Stealth Infiltration against foes that are numerically superior. . .

Will try to redress the issue as soon as possible. . . . .!!!

Golem2God likes this.
  20. Golem2God

Never imagined that could be the problem. I'll try another browser and see if the same situation persists.
    Just used Firefox and the map works. I guess it's Safari after all.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation